Nubian Heritage Now Shea Moisture???

lovelexi

I was in target today and noticed that Nubian Heritage changed their name. They also have some hair care things on the market. Has anyone tried any of their hair care products? If so how did you like it? I think Im going to invest in the DC and Shampoo.

Hmm, I was about to come on here and tell you that the owners were completely different......um, nope, apparently not! Very interesting. NH has been in BSS for years and the price point has generally been around 1.99. Last week I walked into WF and saw that they are starting to sell NH bars at a price of 2.89. Interesting indeed.

I also suspect that the new product line's name helps with its marketability, especially when attracting those who who aren't of Nubian Heritage. I also noticed that the packages that were being sold in WF has a different version about the history of the soapmakers vs. the history that is detailed on the original (old school) soap.

ETA: I'm loving the newly expanded soaps in the NH collection! I've also tried SM curl smoothie (LOVE the smell and works well with my hair) and the SB Reconstructive Masque ( I think that's the name. The scent is really heavy and it was just OK)

Last edited:

lovelexi

Thanks. As long as its the same ingredients Im good. It just confused me because I walked into whole foods and bought a nubian heritage soap bar then walked into target to see shea moisture.

ms.blue

I don't like the shea moisture conditioning masque at all as a dc. Good ingredients just not a good dc. I love the nubian heritage soaps especially the honey & black soap one.

TruMe

^^^YES, the soaps are AWESOME!!! My family really likes the coconut and papaya. I absolutely LOVE the SheaMoisture lotion. I am trying out the NH lotions that correspond with the soaps now. They are ok. I may need to try their hair care products as well.

lovelexi

I don't like the shea moisture conditioning masque at all as a dc. Good ingredients just not a good dc. I love the nubian heritage soaps especially the honey & black soap one.
And I was just going to try the conditioning masque? Why didnt you like it?
^^^YES, the soaps are AWESOME!!! My family really likes the coconut and papaya. I absolutely LOVE the SheaMoisture lotion. I am trying out the NH lotions that correspond with the soaps now. They are ok. I may need to try their hair care products as well.
Just bought the coconut and papaya soap.