• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

danigurl18

I still havent got the energy kick yet and i've been taking it for 2 weeks... is it time to up the does? I only take 2 right now...

CurlyMoo

Every single time I have taken it, it was in the evening before I eat my meal. About 30 minutes prior. Try that first and see how it works out for you. This has worked for me. No ill effects.

Right now I have an empty stomach and I am really hungry do you still recommend I take the mix first?

yodie

I still havent got the energy kick yet and i've been taking it for 2 weeks... is it time to up the does? I only take 2 right now...

Everyone's body is different, but you should try upping the dose in a small increment and see what happens. You may not have been energy deficient. So, it may take your body longer to see this benefit. I could hardly get out the bed in the morning. I was tired all day, every day.

Encore

well, i took some last night and threw it up.

I think that was due to my cold and i had a bad coughing fit..sorry if TMI

so i took some again this morning I just drank it with water and so far so good :)

....Do I have to take spirulla also??

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

well, i took some last night and threw it up.

I think that was due to my cold and i had a bad coughing fit..sorry if TMI

so i took some again this morning I just drank it with water and so far so good :)

....Do I have to take spirulla also??

You took chlorella? Spirulena is the same thing, just the generic term.

CurlyMoo

WOW, why did you guys not tell me that Chlorella powder was a deep earthy beautiful green color. It's so powdery that a tiny bit popped out of the container. It has a nice earthy scent to it.

The suggested dose is 1 teaspoon 1-3x daily with 8oz of liquid. I just took 1/2 teaspoon with 4oz of 100% white grape juice and 4oz of Unfiltered Apple Juice. Later today, I will take another 1/2 teaspoon. I could smell Chlorella strong but barely tasted it. Was very delicious and in fact I put more juice in the empty glass to get the Chlorella clinging to the sides. :lachen:

I am a little disappointed that it didn't come with a little scooper.

Also, I'm starting at 1/2 the dosage because I want to introduce Chlorella to my system for a few days before I start taking the recommended dosage and higher.

Last edited:

Kimbosheart

Curly, when I first opened my jar I was in love with that beautiful deep green. Its so pretty.

GV: spirulina and chlorella are not the same thing. The spirulina is a different blue-green algae that give some of the same benefits as chlorella. It has been reccomended in some of the literature that LD posted to take both spirulina and chlorella as they compliment each other.

Me personally I will not be reordering the spirulina but I plan to take the chlorella FOREVER.

HTH

yodie

Curly, when I first opened my jar I was in love with that beautiful deep green. Its so pretty.

GV: spirulina and chlorella are not the same thing. The spirulina is a different blue-green algae that give some of the same benefits as chlorella. It has been reccomended in some of the literature that LD posted to take both spirulina and chlorella as they compliment each other.

Me personally I will not be reordering the spirulina but I plan to take the chlorella FOREVER.

HTH

Just curious. Wy won't you reorder spirulina?

Kimbosheart

Just curious. Wy won't you reorder spirulina?

I don't see the benefit. Spirulina and the Chlorella are complimentary in many ways and perhaps if I were sick or had a serious health problem I wouldn't mind doubling up but I like that the Chlorella is pretty much complete. I am finishing up my bottles of all the other multi-vits and supplements I have around the house. I don't want to be wasteful but I plan on only repurchasing the Chlorella. In six months after I drop down my chlorella dosage my daily routine for health and hair growth will be as simple as the age old advice of "eat right, exercise and drink plenty of water"

gn1g

This is what I am taking now but will switch to Source Naturals when I am done. I have been reading that Sun it the BEST brand but they don't make a powder and the tabs are expensive. If I had more money and they made powder I'd probably stick with it.

They do have powder.

I just recently purchased source naturals yaeyama because it was on sale. Never again, there is no comparison. Going back to Sun.

kitamay

They do have powder.

I just recently purchased source naturals yaeyama because it was on sale. Never again, there is no comparison. Going back to Sun.

What was the difference in Suv vs. Source Naturals for you? Is it worth the extra dollars?

CurlyMoo

They do have powder.

:lachen: I just purchased the SN brand. Like they say different strokes for different folks. I'm going to try mine out and think about Sun later down the line. So many people are experiencing great things with SN. keep us posted on your experiences. What is the difference between the two that you have noticed?

Muse

They do have powder.

Do you have a link to a place that sells Sun chlorella powder because I cannot find it, only tabs.

Thanks!

Muse

:lachen: I just purchased the SN brand. Like they say different strokes for different folks. I'm going to try mine out and think about Sun later down the line. So many people are experiencing great things with SN. keep us posted on your experiences. What is the difference between the two that you have noticed?

True, because I just read a review where someone said Sun only made them constipated and bloated and they switched to SN and didn't experience that. They also saw better positive results on SN.

Whimsy

Is anyone else's apetite totally gone? I have no cravings whatsoever and almost forget to eat... is this normal? I don't want to lose any weight.

yodie

I really don't have an appetite, but I make myself eat. Let's just say eating is a social outlet for me right now.

I've even started drinking my tea without sugar. This stuff takes away my taste for sweets.

IndianAngel22

Is anyone else's apetite totally gone? I have no cravings whatsoever and almost forget to eat... is this normal? I don't want to lose any weight.

My appetite is exactly the same. i still want sweets, pizza, ice cream. I'm always hungry. I haven't felt anything really.

Prose Princess

My appetite is "normal" now. I get hungry every few hours and eat less when I do eat. I don't really enjoy eating super sweet stuff as of late, kinda makes me gag a little bit if I have too much.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I just upped my pills today to 2g. I am back to being regular and my energy levels are coming back. Yay for chlorella

CurlyMoo

I really don't have an appetite, but I make myself eat. Let's just say eating is a social outlet for me right now.

I've even started drinking my tea without sugar. This stuff takes away my taste for sweets.

Oh thank goodness because I really want to get over my lust for sugar.

luckiestdestiny

I take that back I googled vitamin D + chlorella and come to find out it has quite a bit of vitamin D! I can ditch those pills too!!!

I just read a really disturbing article about regular vitamin and mineral supplements: http://www.chlorella-africa.com/vitaminsandminerals.html

Don't know if it's true or not.

Wow that article is scary but makes so much sense! I knew that vitamin supplements couldn't be fully processed by the body like food, which is why I love the idea of chlorella. As it has no fillers and binders and is just the whole food either in poweder or tablet (from freeze drying) I knew it would be better for the body. But never did I realize that the whole vitamin market was that crazy! I'm going to do more research on that, but I think they're on to something.

As for vitamin D, I'm glad you found out that chlorella has it too. I was going to type that, but I did not know if you needed a specific amount, or not. So congrats on the elimination of yet another supplement.

This whole supplement thing disturbs me anyways because it's engineered in a lab and yet touted as healthy. Which is why I wanted pure foods like the chlorella in powder (just ground up) or tablet (frozen) form w/o extra stuff in it. Thanks for the heads up on the vitamin industry.

luckiestdestiny

Hey ladies.

So I didn't take chlorella sunday night because I was out and I came back home late and wanted only tea.
Yesterday when I came in from work, I ate my dinner and took chlorella 30 minutes after. My stomach started to do some flips and stuff about 2 hours later and my throat felt like something was stuck there. I was starting to feel warm now, and realize that my stomach was not right. Needless to say I began to throw up everything that I ate (lunch & dinner).
Lesson learned, I will never take chlorella after my meal. I never throw up so I pinpoint it to chlorella. I still have an upset stomach :sad:

Sorry I can't remember, please refresh, is this your first time taking chlorella. I'm hoping you're not allergic. If you've taken it before, maybe it's the combination? Or maybe you should cut back on the amount.

luckiestdestiny

The biggest think is overall well being. no sweet junk food cravings, thicker stronger hair, improved hair texture, clearer eyes, whiter stronger longer nails.

Hair grows like crazy underarms, legs, downtheire etc.

You know my eyes have been kinda blood shot lately because I work fulltime and go to school full time and I noticed that my eyes are back to whites (no blood shot).