July issue of Essence

sweetcocoa

Anyone have this? There is a pic on the 4th page(John Frieda's Relax line)...of how I want my hair too look when I air dry, but I get more curls and shrinkage than this. I am natural and I want to know is this possible with my texture(3c/4a) or will I only get this with a relaxer or texturizer? Is there any way I can get this without doing that? My hair looks like this when it's wet, but once it's dry it is gone.
I don't know if it's my technique or products...or should I just give it up...any suggestions? Thanks!

pebbles

Re: July issue of Eessence

I have it. I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight.

melodee

Sweetcocoa, I didn't see it. I have tried the John Frieda's moisturizing "lotion"( I forgot the actual name for it). It was to drying for my hair and left what I called a haze. I hope you can achieve the look on that pic.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
I have it. I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good morning Pebbles. Did you get a chance to look at your copy last night?
Anyone?....'puulease'?

pebbles

Good morning Sweetcocoa!
I looked at it last night and I think you could do it, (from what I've seen of your hair), but like you said, I don't know what products could keep your hair looking that way after it's dry. I don't think you need to texturize, but I am really clueless as to how you could keep that look. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.