Clairol Vitapointe Creme Hairdress

atl_mulattamami

Has anyone used this product before? I just bought a small tube of it and used it today. I was skeptical at first because it has some ingredients that are supposed to be no-nos. It was kinda heavy at first but now that my hair is dry it feels soft like a cloud and very silky too.

KAddy

I put a little on my hair at night before I wrap or pin curl my hair before I put my scarf on. It adds a nice shine and keeps my hair from being dry. When I where my hair back in a bun, I will apply some in the mornings as well so my hair looks shiny.

Allandra

I used to use this a long time ago, and then I stopped. I went out and purchased it again a few months ago. I still love it. I use it several times a week. It's the only moisturizer I have in my hair care product stash.

goldensugar23

I'm mixed with this product.It gave me great shine but it was a bit to heavy for my hair.I use it when I need to slick back my new growth in to a ponytail.

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I found that it was WAAAY too greasy for me. I have chronic dry hair so I always put ALOT of moisturizer in my hair, but this product was so greasy that the oiliness wasn't worth the moisture.

Later on, I discovered that that mineral oil-based products end up being terrible for my hair in the long run, so I haven't touched it since.

I think that if you want to use it as a finisher to add some shine to your hair, then it's really great. Even a little bit adds great gloss.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
My hair dresser recommended this to me today. I went out and got it. I got the tube so I can try it out. She told me to put a dime sized amount in my palm, rub together and apply to my ends before I wrap or after I take it down. I got mine form Sally's if I don't like it I'll just take it back.

nicki6

This is a crazy coincidence!! I went to 3 different beauty supplies looking for this today!!!

I saw it in Reneice's album and my PJ went into search mode:bookworm:

I'll report back to the hive tomorrow or Sunday:sekret:

Belladonna

I can't believe you guys. Always on point. My neighbor mentioned vitapointe just the other day ,so I picked it up yesterday.Serious old school stuff. My mom used on me when I was a kid. I figured I would try it for my son.And for me ....of course.

DangerouslyShy

I love it...my mom started using it, got my hair dresser using it, and i love it. a little goes a long way because it is a little greasy, but its great...

MrsBKJ

Hey
I actually bought a bottle of this stuff yesterday...weird...but i used to use it before and found a little goes a long way and i only ever applied it to dry hair. I loved it.

Uzz

zora

Oh yeah, when I started really growing my hair, I used this product. It was good to me. When I started with the dominicans, I transitioned to razac. Now I'm using Mizani's Rose Hip. I just might go back to the vitapointe. I think I wasn't crazy about the smell though

foxybrownsugar

I DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS THREAD? I USED THIS A LONG TIME AGO. I THINK WHEN IM FINISHED WITH MY HAIR DRESS IM GOING TO TRY THIS AGAIN.

Cincysweetie

eboniwoman said:
What are the ingredients?
Some not so great ones:
MINERAL OIL, WATER. BEESWAX, ALUMINUM STEARATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, CALCIUM OXIDE

Cincysweetie

eboniwoman said:
Thanks!!! I needed that!
You're welcome.

Here's my thing...a lot of those ingredients aren't supposed to be good for the hair, but seems like many ladies have had success with this product. Has anyone had any long-term negative effects from the Vitapointe?

blackbarbie

I went out over the weekend and bought some after reading someone's post (can't remember who) about how it protects the ends. My hair is type 3 something and I usually get it roller wrapped weekly.(I like it bouncy with a lot of body, but not too oily) I used some yesterday on the ends. It made my ends really shine (almost looked like a wig!) This morning (since I knew I would be shampooing tonight), I pulled my hair back and put a little on my hair. I think I will continue to use it on the ends and when I want to pull my hair back, it will be great for slicking it back. But I definitely agree with using just a tad bit!

Just my .02

mermaid

nicki6 said:
This is a crazy coincidence!! I went to 3 different beauty supplies looking for this today!!!

try looking in Rite Aid or Walgreens, I have always seen it there; it's never in the typical hair products though because it's such an old school product it's off with the not so fancy or highly marketed stuff, uually on a bottom shelf on the end of an aisle.

sky_blu

Ok so why have I been to 4 different stores looking for this stuff but I kept calling him Vitale and couldnt find it :lachen: :lachen: Guess I didnt remember the name right but Ive seen Vitapointe in every store Ive been in, but it wasnt made by Clairol though. Does everyone have the Clairol brand because the one I saw was made by another company but it said Vitapointe on the bottle or tube.

atl_mulattamami

sky_blu said:
Ok so why have I been to 4 different stores looking for this stuff but I kept calling him Vitale and couldnt find it :lachen: :lachen: Guess I didnt remember the name right but Ive seen Vitapointe in every store Ive been in, but it wasnt made by Clairol though. Does everyone have the Clairol brand because the one I saw was made by another company but it said Vitapointe on the bottle or tube.

yes its the Clairol Vitapointe

Allandra

sky_blu said:
I've never seen it by any other company other than Clairol. What's the company name of the ones that you've seen?

Nenah

I just got the Tube one in a BSS and it's greasy but it doesn't feel greasy after my hair absorbs it. I like how it makes my hair shine so it's a keeper so far unless it does something I don't like than it will be mixed in a conditioner.

Cincysweetie

I'm not sure I like this product, it really doesn't do anything for me. I think I may need to trim my ends. My mom uses it and likes it though, she bought herself a tube. I think I may just stick with my ORS Carrot Oil.

foxybrownsugar

sky_blu said:
I saw what you were talking about. This afternoon i stopped by sally's and they did have a knock off with no clariol printed on it that was called vitapointe too and it was priced at 12.99 instead of the usual 7.99-8.99 for the real thing. So i left it there i will get it from another bss this weekend.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

You too, LOL, Reneice's album had me run out today to get it, but I left the store w/ fantacias IC Shea butter moisturizer, but the PJism was so bad I took it back to the BSS to exchane it for the vitapointe, LOL, and ya'll know how they hate for pple to exchange and return thank God i'm a regular there. LOL will report my results in 3 days.
nicki6 said: