Product Review: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (w/ pics)

Stepiphanie

I recently placed this product back in rotation bc I ran out of my staples. It is very moisturizing but I hate the way the spray bottle only give a little mist, I fell like I have to spray 20xs to get a good amount bc the product is so thick, Also not too fond of the smell. I may dilute it with rose water and put it in my spay bottle and give it a try that way.

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
For me, this is the best moisturizer i've used since my BC. Softness for days I tell ya! I spread the word about this product to every natural that I know with my hair type. I may just try the rest of the line.

libertysince05

I recently placed this product back in rotation bc I ran out of my staples. It is very moisturizing but I hate the way the spray bottle only give a little mist, I fell like I have to spray 20xs to get a good amount bc the product is so thick, Also not too fond of the smell. I may dilute it with rose water and put it in my spay bottle and give it a try that way.
Agree with that.
I dont like this product, tried to detangle my dry hair in sections using this and ended up with a greasy messy head :wallbash:.
will try using it diluted but i will not buy this again, my experience has been too unpleasant.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I got my bottle and used it yesterday. My hair is so soft today and the product seems great for detangling too.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Purchased this at a local BSS in my area. Tried it last night and it was just "ok". I'm gonna try clarifying to see if it works a little better for me. I placed an order for Oyins Juices and Berries, and I'm waiting to compare the two:look:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I love this mist as well. And yes, t goes sooo fast. I've already gone through 1/3 of the bottle but I am tempted to dilute it as some people have suggested. I hope it will work the same.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I love this mist as well. And yes, t goes sooo fast. I've already gone through 1/3 of the bottle but I am tempted to dilute it as some people have suggested. I hope it will work the same.
It does go fast. I think I might dilute with aloe vera juice like someone else suggested but will I have to refrigerate it then?.....anyone?

LadyPBC

Got mine at a drug store (CVS I think) and I don't love or hate it yet. Reminds me of the Hawaiian Silky 14n1. It smells good! I tried a roller set with her Crinkles n' Curls foaming mousse (I think that's hers) it had been sitting on a shelf (another one of my PJ purchases that did not excite me) but this time I was thoroughly pleased with the results. Clearly defined curls that were soft and shiny. I could not stop touching my hair. I am so pleased with myself and no I did not take a picture the first day. People were staring at my hair (no one complimented me though - hmmm). In my mind I chose to believe they were tryna figure me out - real or weave or wig or what LOL! I have a picture from the next day but it is deceiving because I had some frizziness going on. I am learning how to roller set my hair and loving it. WestNDN I'm gonna have to watch your video about moisturizing braid n curls cuz that I really need help with.

adw425

Her shop is about eight blocks from my job. The last time I purchased it, I bought the 32 ounce bottle for $20.00 and I still have a half bottle or more left as I thin it out some by adding it to a spray bottle and adding a bit of rosewater -- heaven in a bottle.

DesertAngel

I didn't like this product at all. I diluted it, as suggested, but it still left my hair coated and hard. There's no protein in it so I don't understand why it would do that. I even tried it on my children with no luck.

Oh, well. I learned long ago that not everyone can use everything. LOL

Qurlyqt

I purchased this product about a month ago to moisturize and detangle. I wasn't wowed by it so I've just been trying to use it up. Maybe I should dillute it with water.

JC Jane

I am so happy I found the Protective Mist Bodifier. I'm relaxed two months post and I use this stuff nightly sealed with a dab of JC Nourish and Shine. I really love it but must be mindful not to overdue it because the first time around I ended up suffering from moisture overload. I'm not crazy about the smell but all of my friends love it and tell me that I smell like I've just come from tanning :p

BoaterGirlKim

Fall chilly air dryness solved! I used it this morning after washing and using YTCucumbers Leave-In (mega-slip!). After I smoothed my hair in the direction I wanted for my bun, I lightly sprayed my NG finger-parting around my scalp, then sprayed my top layer of hair lightly. It's lunchtime now and my hair has air dried (except for what's in the bun). WOW. This is what I've been looking for - moist, almost-mushy-feeling NG and smooth, silky, shiny relaxed hair. The YTC alone leaves my hair feeling smooth but dry by midday. I bet the Mist will be great in summer time also after a quick post-swim rinse. No mineral oil, no cones - found my HS14 replacement.

Last edited:

westNDNbeauty

I'm glad others have found the liquid gold!

I am still using this everyday as my moisturizer when my hair is in its natural state. I am gonna buy the gallon size pretty soon. Can't go wrong!

BoaterGirlKim

I tried editing my previous post but edit function doesn't seem to be working. Anywhoo, I mistakenly said the Mist contains no protein which is incorrect. It does contain silk protein.