See this is why Reniece is so great...

Fine 4s

I'm drooling here. I can't wait for 2015.
This just motivated me to forget the salon for blowdrying and doing it myself.
I'll check them for trim.
Thanks a mil for this inspiration!

Britt

Reneiece's turnarounds are nothing short of simply amazing!!! The common denominator though seems to be sew ins.. Are her clients protective styling mostly all of the time?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Reneiece's turnarounds are nothing short of simply amazing!!! The common denominator though seems to be sew ins.. Are her clients protective styling mostly all of the time?

On one of her videos, she did stress that along with sew-ins, protective styling is stress. Which ps I don't know but I know weaves are one. I think she teaches her clients how to manage hair as well, but I could be wrong. Check out her YouTube you can find more info there.

Kookookiwi

My word Client C's hair was beautiful. That shrinkage, those coils:pant::pant::pant:

Idk what I'd do with hair that lush:nono:, but I pray I get to find out.

naturalmanenyc

I cancelled my blowout appointment for October (when twists come out). I will do it myself using Keracare heat protectant and Reniece's technique. Amazon has the best price, $13.95 with free shipping (Prime). I already have a Denman brush which I modified by removing 3 rows of teeth.

I was using the tension method (with no brush) then I moved on to a comb attachment (recorded it here: http://youtu.be/amyPYi3nAOg) but I never tried a blowout with a Denman.

Last edited:

AyannaDivine

I'm floored, this lady is amazing! Believe it or not I haven't subscribed to any hair channels on YT in YEARS...I did hit that subscribe button right now thought :look:

intellectualuva

Crackers Phinn - Yeah, I'm a newly divorced single mother of 3 elementary school children... I can't with that price... Just for doing my hair? Does this include weave? Because I don't need a weave, if there's a lower price for just doing natural hair, then it may be something I can save for...

@ nlamr2013 - Chile, iono... I'm hoping that's for weave, then I'd understand. I'm thinking its for natural hair styling... Can someone co-sign on the prices? I know that the site shows a price change for new clients... Anybody care to help out on this?

140 are weave prices AFTER the deposit depending on who you see. I haven't been to the site, but I've paid that around that amount for an install with color.

I have no idea what anyone charges for just blow dry/wash. It's too far for me to go in just for that.

ETA: Weave install prices....it doesn't include hair. I'd simply call and ask if 1. She's taking new clients and 2. How much for just blowdry/wash.....if it's not on the site. My lazy is on high though. Lol. So I haven't checked.

Last edited:

SugarRush

140 are weave prices AFTER the deposit depending on who you see. I haven't been to the site, but I've paid that around that amount for an install with color.

I have no idea what anyone charges for just blow dry/wash. It's too far for me to go in just for that.

ETA: Weave install prices....it doesn't include hair. I'd simply call and ask if 1. She's taking new clients and 2. How much for just blowdry/wash.....if it's not on the site. My lazy is on high though. Lol. So I haven't checked.

I did my wash/blow dry/flat iron and trim with Shamira about two months ago and it was $60. Weaves are $140 ($160 on your first install) plus the deposit, which is $80 iirc, to hold your appointment. Like intellectualuva I leave mine on the books for future appointments. I've seen Reniece once, my main stylist is Shamira so Reniece's prices may be different. Shamira is just as sweet and gentle as Reniece, I'm extremely pleased with her service.

Jasmataz

@ nlamr2013 - Chile, iono... I'm hoping that's for weave, then I'd understand. I'm thinking its for natural hair styling... Can someone co-sign on the prices? I know that the site shows a price change for new clients... Anybody care to help out on this?

Those are the weave prices :yep:.

I'm not gonna say how much she charges me for a regular (since it's not listed on her site, and I don't want to mislead anyone) but the prices for regular styling such as a blow-dry, press, etc. are much lower than the full/full-head weave prices :yep:. Hope that helps.

krikit96

Well, I signed up on the site, I guess I have to wait for someone to finally pick me so I can go in. Hope I have money!

BillsBackerz67

welp you pay for what you get! i assumed her prices were a lot more than what was posted. thats very reasonable since there is only one of her.

krikit96

... natural hair prices look better to me. That weave price was what I was thinking she was charging for just regular hair styling.

so, anyway - I'm looking at her channel, she doesn't really have a bunch of vids to watch... is the only way to really grow out your hair by ps'ing under a weave? I'm really not interested in weave... gosh... At this point, I just cannot start rocking a weave, that is going to undo all that I have been working for in the past year.

I have a 6 year old that swore she was white and was gonna wear wigs because she hated her natural curly 3c hair. She thought it was ugly. I need to wear my hair own hair curly, even if I straighten it every now and again, it has to be MY hair. This is the only time she started referring to her own hair as pretty. She thinks it's beautiful NOW...

Sheesh... either I help build my babies self esteem or I choose to have beautiful swangin hair... GOSH!!! Lol...

naturalmanenyc

krikit96

$140 is CHEAP for a professional weave install. Reniece could charge well beyond that price for her work. Even if it's $140 + $80 deposit, that is still reasonable.

I haven't had a sew in weave since 2007 and I was paying $200 in NYC for my installs back then.

I started with sew-ins
$200 install (every 12 weeks)
$196 wefted hair - Adorable Spanish Wavy #2 & #4 mixed with streaks of #8 every 2 inches on thin wefts
$35 W & S every 2 weeks (6 times per install)
$75 relaxer every 12 weeks
-------------------------------
$681 every 12 weeks
I was able to reuse the wefts on two different installs so I saved about $400.

Then I found out about strand by strand aka fusion weave
$500 install (every 12 weeks)
$180 bulk hair - Adorable Spanish Wavy 6 ounces #2 & #4 mixed 2 ounces streaks in #8
$965 every 12 weeks (bulk hair was not reusable)

You know what? Just went to the website... I suddenly remember why I never made an appointment::nono:

Reniece's Real Black Hair Showcase:

Appointments with Junior Stylists - Current regular rates for existing clients are $140 :ohwell:

1st-Appointment (New Client Rates) have changed for the for Shannon and Shamira. Shannon and Shamira have completed a 15-month apprenticeship with Reniece & Company and have been trained to offer the same techniques and healthy hair care practices.

A non-refundable deposit of $80 will be required to secure an appointment with a junior stylist. Deposits are now $80 for all new clients after 10/11/13. It will be required in the form of cash or money order and must be received within 4 days after booking the appointment. :perplexed

Deposits are required for each weave appointment.

Please make money orders out to Reniece & Company. Please do not mail in a deposit without receiving a confirmed date first. Thank you!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
This thread is right on time. I was thinking about straightening my natural hair over the Labor Day Weekend to celebrate the anniversary of my second big chop. I can't wait to try this method over the weekend.

Thanks for posting, OP!

niknakmac

I think she is more than worth the money. The care she takes while doing hair speaks volumes to me. Especially since I have had numerous experiences where I have left the salon because they were just too rough. If I lived in her area I would definitely try to get on her client list.

Gryphyn

krikit96

$140 is CHEAP for a professional weave install. Reniece could charge well beyond that price for her work. Even if it's $140 + $80 deposit, that is still reasonable.

I haven't had a sew in weave since 2007 and I was paying $200 in NYC for my installs back then.

I started with sew-ins
$196 wefted hair - Adorable Spanish Wavy #2 & #4 mixed with streaks of #8 every 2 inches on thin wefts
$681 every 12 weeks

$180 bulk hair - Adorable Spanish Wavy 6 ounces #2 & #4 mixed 2 ounces streaks in #8

WOW that would have me flat broke.

krikit96

WOW that would have me flat broke.

Chile, me too - I'm glad some of you can afford that - but that's just too much money to spend on hair... I have 3 kids, and a really good job, but I still couldn't do it. It really wouldn't be financial responsible...

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
krikit96

I started with sew-ins
$681 every 12 weeks

Do you have current pics of your hair?

MizAvalon

I did my wash/blow dry/flat iron and trim with Shamira about two months ago and it was $60. Weaves are $140 ($160 on your first install) plus the deposit, which is $80 iirc, to hold your appointment. Like @intellectualuva I leave mine on the books for future appointments. I've seen Reniece once, my main stylist is Shamira so Reniece's prices may be different. Shamira is just as sweet and gentle as Reniece, I'm extremely pleased with her service.

Same here. I have been seeing both of the twins(whichever is available on the day I want to come in) for over a year now and I couldn't be happier with their work and the progress my hair has made. I was on the waiting list for YEARS and finally got in.

I am natural but I haven't had any natural hair services yet, only weaves so far. But when I do decide to wear my own hair Reniece's salon is the only place I will trust to do it. I have found my permanent salon home.:yep:

krikit96

Attachments

• hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 237
  • AlanahGrad2.jpg
    AlanahGrad2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 268
  • AngieFlower Face.jpg
    AngieFlower Face.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 249
  • hairshot.jpg
    hairshot.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Best Twistout.jpg
    Best Twistout.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

krikit96

Ha!!! TopShelf - I saw my name highlighted in the post, you weren't talkin to me at all, were ya? Hahahaaaaa!!!:lachen:

You were talkin to naturalmanenyc - HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

My bad, the highlight of my screen name is all I saw, sorry!

naturalmanenyc

TopShelf

I have these on my phone, textured photos from February after I took out my Havana twists and again after washing my hair, at home blow out photo from April and salon blow out from May....yes that was the salon blow out that reverted on the way home. Hot mess!

I have a ton of hair photos on my blog here: http://goingnaturaltransitioningtonaturalhair.com/

I plan to blow it out in October using Reniece's technique. I will take photos then.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140827_154718.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140827_154718.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 178
  • ForumRunner_20140827_154727.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140827_154727.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 158
  • ForumRunner_20140827_154739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140827_154739.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 2014-08-27 15.50.35.jpg
    2014-08-27 15.50.35.jpg