See this is why Reniece is so great...

Healthb4Length

Learned so much from the video:yep:. Watched it several times too. I noticed that she didn't use a heat protectant prior to blow drying. I've noticed that a lot of stylists don't use a heat protectant prior to blow drying or flat ironing too and the clients have that elusive "swang" that I can never do at home.

For those that went to Reneice, do you remember if she used heat protectant prior to blow drying or flat ironing?

ChanelNo5

It's the patience I'm most impressed with. You could tell she really took her time gently working each section of hair. That's not always easy with extremely thick kinky hair. **sigh** I'm working on this.

Allandra

Learned so much from the video:yep:. Watched it several times too. I noticed that she didn't use a heat protectant prior to blow drying. I've noticed that a lot of stylists don't use a heat protectant prior to blow drying or flat ironing too and the clients have that elusive "swang" that I can never do at home.

For those that went to Reneice, do you remember if she used heat protectant prior to blow drying or flat ironing?

She always uses a heat protectant prior to blow drying.

I always get that 'elusive swang' when I do my hair (just like when Reniece does my hair). I always deep condition my hair (which is how my hair gets most of its moisture), and I don't overload my hair with product. I also do the comb chase method when I flat iron my hair (only doing one pass). I just take my time when I do my hair.

niknakmac

That was a great tutorial. I will definitely try this method and purchase a denman just for this purpose. Once my hair grows back of course.

krikit96

Where is she located? My hair needs her in my life!!

Location? I have to see this woman pronto!!

She's out in Rockville, in Maryland... I have been looking at her and her work for years, and I live in Bowie... I don't know WHY I haven't gone to her... she seems like a trustworthy person... Probably because I don't want to spend the money... Or I still have a phobia of hairstylists after the last few situations I ended up in...

Who knows when she'll have an opening...

krikit96

You know what? Just went to the website... I suddenly remember why I never made an appointment::nono:

Reniece's Real Black Hair Showcase:

Appointments with Junior Stylists - Current regular rates for existing clients are $140 :ohwell:

1st-Appointment (New Client Rates) have changed for the for Shannon and Shamira. Shannon and Shamira have completed a 15-month apprenticeship with Reniece & Company and have been trained to offer the same techniques and healthy hair care practices.

A non-refundable deposit of $80 will be required to secure an appointment with a junior stylist. Deposits are now $80 for all new clients after 10/11/13. It will be required in the form of cash or money order and must be received within 4 days after booking the appointment. :perplexed

Deposits are required for each weave appointment.

Please make money orders out to Reniece & Company. Please do not mail in a deposit without receiving a confirmed date first. Thank you!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm usually too lazy to remove my braids to after oiling to deep condition, but maybe I need to start.

I loved seeing the blow dry. I have no patience I see. I would like to try this method.

Eiano

I'm so sick of her....

She needs to hurry up and move to NJ:lachen:

She is seriously talented and should open up a school focused on her hair practices. I mean, her results are undeniable!!:yep:

nlamr2013

You know what? Just went to the website... I suddenly remember why I never made an appointment::nono:

Reniece's Real Black Hair Showcase:

Appointments with Junior Stylists - Current regular rates for existing clients are $140 :ohwell:

1st-Appointment (New Client Rates) have changed for the for Shannon and Shamira. Shannon and Shamira have completed a 15-month apprenticeship with Reniece & Company and have been trained to offer the same techniques and healthy hair care practices.

A non-refundable deposit of $80 will be required to secure an appointment with a junior stylist. Deposits are now $80 for all new clients after 10/11/13. It will be required in the form of cash or money order and must be received within 4 days after booking the appointment. :perplexed

Deposits are required for each weave appointment.

Please make money orders out to Reniece & Company. Please do not mail in a deposit without receiving a confirmed date first. Thank you!

Is that for the weave application? That sounds about right to have a weave installed by someone who is highly recommended.

GettingKinky

This makes me really want to be fully natural. I have years to go.

I wonder what temp flat iron she uses to prevent heat damage while still getting silky straight hair.

PureSilver

Always something positive, always something new to learn. I enjoyed this video. I need to look for my denman brush.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
This makes me really want to be fully natural. I have years to go. I wonder what temp flat iron she uses to prevent heat damage while still getting silky straight hair.

I think it depends on the hair. Even texlaxed, I need 370 for desirable results. Anything lower will still leave me with big hair. I just flat ironed my hair on 270 and it looks like I just spent more time blowing it out, not even ironed or super straight.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Yeah, I don't take exception at the price. Obviously the results speak for themselves. That deposit situation causes hoop jumping that give me a bit of pause.

I'm still a fan of her work though.

intellectualuva

Yeah, I don't take exception at the price. Obviously the results speak for themselves. That deposit situation causes hoop jumping that give me a bit of pause.

Lol. That's why I paid my deposit the day I went in for my initial hair assessment and I simply rolled it over to secure my appts...never leaving without making my next appointment even if it's 3 months later. I have never mailed anything because I know it would be a hassle for me. Lol. I'm late returning anything I have to mail.

I've been transitioning with her salon and my hair has never been healthier. My hair is kinda fine, so I am gun shy when it comes to heat, but like I said.....love them and so does my hair. I'll never go anywhere else.

cutiebe2

Lol. That's why I paid my deposit the day I went in for my initial hair assessment and I simply rolled it over to secure my appts...never leaving without making my next appointment even if it's 3 months later. I have never mailed anything because I know it would be a hassle for me. Lol. I'm late returning anything I have to mail.

I've been transitioning with her salon and my hair has never been healthier. My hair is kinda fine, so I am gun shy when it comes to heat, but like I said.....love them and so does my hair. I'll never go anywhere else.

what exactly is she doing that is giving you great results. \i understand she is amazing stylist but it seems that her client's hair thrives which is rare because stylist aren't with you everyday. \does she give you a regimen? Do you go often? I wouldn't mind traveling to see her. Do you get sew-ins or does she just style your natural hair?

intellectualuva

what exactly is she doing that is giving you great results. \i understand she is amazing stylist but it seems that her client's hair thrives which is rare because stylist aren't with you everyday. \does she give you a regimen? Do you go often? I wouldn't mind traveling to see her. Do you get sew-ins or does she just style your natural hair?

I got a regimen..something that I was still trying to figure out....a better understanding of which products work best for my hair and of course protective styling (sewins) helps. I also figured out what to do in terms of styling in between sewins. On average, I go either for a take down or install every 4-6 weeks with the exception of taking a few months off.

Before going in, I kept having setbacks and crazy ssks. I tried washing more....different DCs...expensive to cheap. Now, Detangling is a cake walk, wash days are 90 min max depending on how I DC instead of an entire day like it used to be. I still experiment with new products, but I can tell much quicker if its no go and don't have nearly that potential setbacks when I do. I really can't say more than that because as simple as all of that sounds...guess I wasnt doing it correctly until i started.

My hair may never be as thick :drool: as the women in her promos, but it is a drastic improvement from where I started.

LostInAdream

I got a regimen..something that I was still trying to figure out....a better understanding of which products work best for my hair and of course protective styling (sewins) helps. I also figured out what to do in terms of styling in between sewins. On average, I go either for a take down or install every 4-6 weeks with the exception of taking a few months off. Before going in, I kept having setbacks and crazy ssks. I tried washing more....different DCs...expensive to cheap. Now, Detangling is a cake walk, wash days are 90 min max depending on how I DC instead of an entire day like it used to be. I still experiment with new products, but I can tell much quicker if its no go and don't have nearly that potential setbacks when I do. I really can't say more than that because as simple as all of that sounds...guess I wasnt doing it correctly until i started. My hair may never be as thick :drool: as the women in her promos, but it is a drastic improvement from where I started.
intellectualuva What is your detangling process? I have crazy ssks. What did she recommend that stopped that? I'm thinking more moisture, Im going to start weekly DC. Also how often do you trim? I'm trying to tweak my Reggie now and hopefully get in with her :fingerscrossed:

intellectualuva

intellectualuva What is your detangling process? I have crazy ssks. What did she recommend that stopped that? I'm thinking more moisture, Im going to start weekly DC. Also how often do you trim? I'm trying to tweak my Reggie now and hopefully get in with her :fingerscrossed:

We cut/grew out all layers. Now, I trim as needed only...just got one after my last take down a few weeks back, but dont think the one before that was January maybe. I stepped away from the protein/moisture DCs every week to heavy on the moisture...protein only between installs...i think because my diet is protein heavy.

I usually do a brief finger detangle prewash with aloe gel and an oil (sweet almond, grapeseed, sometimes coconut). Sometimes i use a detangle comb during the wash, but thats rare.

deborah11

So layers cause ssks? I have a problem with this and maybe this is the cause of the ssks. Makes sense but never occurred to me until I read this thread. Thanks.

Victoria44

Hopefully I remember to watch this video again next time I blow out my hair. If she lived by me and I wasn't a broke student I'd go to her every chance I got lol. I was scrolling her Instagram and it's amazing what she can do with even severely damaged hair. Just wow..

intellectualuva

Hmmm. I dont know for sure. Maybe someone else knows for sure. I'm sure there is thread around here about it. It seems like most of her clients in the promo videos do seem to have hair the same length though. I don't recall seeing any photos of layers.

krikit96

Crackers Phinn - Yeah, I'm a newly divorced single mother of 3 elementary school children... I can't with that price... Just for doing my hair? Does this include weave? Because I don't need a weave, if there's a lower price for just doing natural hair, then it may be something I can save for...

Is that for the weave application? That sounds about right to have a weave installed by someone who is highly recommended.

nlamr2013 - Chile, iono... I'm hoping that's for weave, then I'd understand. I'm thinking its for natural hair styling... Can someone co-sign on the prices? I know that the site shows a price change for new clients... Anybody care to help out on this?

Last edited: