See this is why Reniece is so great...

all_1_length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtjw6S-0HA

I just watched this and my eyes were like :shocked:. All this time I have been having trouble drying my hair because it is so fine and fragile that if I am not careful I will wind up with breakage on my ends and that leads to you know (snip snip). Over the years I have banned comb attachments and I have been using the tension method with limited success. Now I think I might be able to handle drying my hair without causing breakage on my ends, I hope. I'm gonna try this and see how it works. (fingers crossed)

Although I have never been to her salon Reniece seems like a real (hair) life saver. Ya know what I mean?:yep:

SpiritJunkie

Love Reneice...I remember when she first came on the scene. She's come a long way baby!!

Thanks for sharing...

missyrayne19

I dry my hair pretty much exactly like this when I blow dry. Not sure how I learned this technique but as far as I can remember, I've done it for years. It's always worked well for me. Great advice as always Reniece!

Last edited:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I'm definitely going to try the method of blow drying my ends first. I've always had that issue with my ends drying curly before I can get to them. I'll hit my ends with the denman first to get them straight, then I'll continue onto the rest of the shaft and roots with the comb attachment like normal.

LovelyLouboutin

[USER=2691]Miss_Jetsetter[/USER];20480283 said:
I miss her as my stylist... my hair THRIVED with her you hear me? THRIVED!

How often did you see her? Did you get weaves? Or blow dry and flat iron?

I need a new stylist. Her website only has weave info. How much is just a blow dry/flat iron.

LaBelleLL

This is a great and informative video!! Reniece's hair results are always so beautiful. And the way she conditions the hair is like you are at home! Idk what salon saturates and detangles the hair like that (besides Devanchan but they don't put you under the heat with the condish). I really hope to be able to go to Reniece one day soon. I know I cannot blow dry my hair myself. I have too much hair so just looking at the process made my whole arm hurt.

intellectualuva

Love this!!!! Next time I go into the shop for a take down, I'm going to ask for that kind of blow dry instead of a flat iron.

For the person asking....they definitely do wash/blow dries. Join the mailing list and wait for when they're accepting new clients or call and ask. I've never gotten just a wash/blow dry...it was always done with a weave take down, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

Last edited:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I wonder what her DC concoction consists of? If she started to market it, I'd definitely be interested in trying it.

melissa-bee

Great tips. I do the tension method every week and I always focus on drying the length of my hair first. I'm definitely going to try this next week.
I have one of those cylinder blow drying brushes so will use that.

prettyinpurple

I wonder what her DC concoction consists of? If she started to market it, I'd definitely be interested in trying it.

I think she mixes some pre-made products. Keracare and something else based on if your hair needs protein, moisture or whatever. Someone mentioned it in a thread about an appt with her. Maybe allandra?

caliscurls

Thanks OP. I tension blow dry weekly with a denman and have been trying to figure out the best way to handle my ends. Will definitely try this method for the ends this week.

Allandra

prettyinpurple

Nope it wasn't me. I have no idea what her conditioning formulation is. She treats my hair well, so I know it's all good (whatever it contains).

I think she mixes some pre-made products. Keracare and something else based on if your hair needs protein, moisture or whatever. Someone mentioned it in a thread about an appt with her. Maybe allandra?

Allandra

For those that asked me:

My hair was long before I started going to Reniece years ago. I attribute my fast hair growth to healthy eating, lots of water (my main beverage - don't like to waste any calories on beverages) and good hair care practices. I mainly wore protective styles when my hair came to my butt and when my hair was waist length. I don't wear weaves. I don't wear protective styles now since I had my hair cut back in March (in the style that's in my avatar pic). I really do need to post an updated pic of my hair because it is growing so fast. I was going to keep it short, but I've been asked to let it grow out again. So, I'm gonna let it grow out again (but not quite as long as it once was - at least that's the plan for now). :grin:

kandake

She seems like such a good person. I like her!!!

The hair featured in that video... I'm drooling. Also, I'm always amazed at shrinkage. Even as a natural myself, I'm still in awe.

Evolving78

For those that asked me:

My hair was long before I started going to Reniece years ago. I attribute my fast hair growth to healthy eating, lots of water (my main beverage - don't like to waste any calories on beverages) and good hair care practices. I mainly wore protective styles when my hair came to my butt and when my hair was waist length. I don't wear weaves. I don't wear protective styles now since I had my hair cut back in March (in the style that's in my avatar pic). I really do need to post an updated pic of my hair because it is growing so fast. I was going to keep it short, but I've been asked to let it grow out again. So, I'm gonna let it grow out again (but not quite as long as it once was - at least that's the plan for now). :grin:

I got a feeling who asked u lol

delitefulmane

Thanks OP!
Man I wish I could visit her and let her growing hands in my hair!! :yep:
She needs to train more natural hair stylists. The tips she has are so informative and progressive.

If only she could pump out more Renieces so that we, as African American women, would know more about caring for our hair.

This board is great but IRL a lot of women rely on stylists, who only diminish their hair growth by unhealthy hair practices and handling!

msbettyboop

The last denman brush I got pulled out half my hair. Can anyone recommend an alternative to the denman brush?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF