Summer Bun Challenge

bluenvy

When I bun I never brush my hair. Matter of fact, I lived without a brush for years.
Anyways, after I detangle in shower with wide tooth comb I m/s than place my bun. To smooth I add little bit gel to egdes, and use a small tooth comb (the end with the smaller teeth) in direction of the bun.
Than put on scarf for 15 minutes.
I keep this bun for 3-4 days. At night I just scarf it up.
To get ready for the day I let shower steam moisten my hair, than smooth product that's there from previous days with small comb and go.
Sometimes add little more products if needed.
My buns are not tight so I don't get breakage. I prefer pins instead of any other hair ties.
I retain more growth using pins. Hair ties it grew, but not as much growth from using pins.
I also believe weekly washing and dc helps. Sorry not in this challenge but this has helped me with my buns.

prettybyrd

it only works when i wear the bun in a lower position. do you put anything on your ends? do you bun on wet or dry hair?

Yeah, I put pumpkin seed oil on my scalp and grease on the ends of my hair - sometimes I will also use Aethiopika Butter all over and concentrate on the ends. I wet my hair and allow it to air dry a bit before I put my bun in so that my hair dries through the center.

I don't wet bun anymore because when I was doing that, I started to experience itchiness and then a raw feeling on my scalp because my hair wasn't drying all the way and my scalp got irritated.

jennifer30

Yeah, I put pumpkin seed oil on my scalp and grease on the ends of my hair - sometimes I will also use Aethiopika Butter all over and concentrate on the ends. I wet my hair and allow it to air dry a bit before I put my bun in so that my hair dries through the center.

I don't wet bun anymore because when I was doing that, I started to experience itchiness and then a raw feeling on my scalp because my hair wasn't drying all the way and my scalp got irritated.
yep, i put grease too. how long is your hair?

Leo24Rule

Last week I put in 10 braids in my hair and then made a bun. Every day I would moisturize with Shea butter and then put back up. 3 days I kept the bun up without taking it down, 1 day redid the bun and wore for 2 days, 1 day wore my hair in the several braids and then combined all the braids to make 1 big braided ponytail, yesterday (Sunday) covered the 10 braids with a wig.

krissyhair

I wore my hair out today in the hot sun. My hair was so dry.

Also realized that a bun gives my hair a nice stretch and length look without denting it.