Design Essentials Strengthening Therapy System

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
ok so the stylist that did the de treatment on me recommended the mizani thermasmooth system to wash my hair but the mizani thermasmooth poo has sulfates lol
so what should shampoo should I use?
i dont want to waste all that money by using a sulfate poo

I used the shea moisture retention shampoo.

PureSilver

Keracare sulphate free shampoo is really moisturizng and helps me detangle my 4b hair quickly when i was natural and its a good price of just $8

sharifeh

How often are y'all getting the treatment done? Should I wait longer than 8 weeks? I don't want my hair to fall out or anything by doing it too frequently.

Shelew

How often are y'all getting the treatment done? Should I wait longer than 8 weeks? I don't want my hair to fall out or anything by doing it too frequently.

The first time was 9 weeks and the second time was 11 weeks. After the 11 week I said I would go sooner because the washing sessions were a little rough since I try to do them myself. I guess it just depends on our hair texture on how often we do them. My first stylist was going to do it at six weeks but I did not feel it needed that soon so I waited until 9 weeks

yodie

I usually retouch between 8-10 weeks. I notice my hair gets harder to comb through and I start getting more breakage. No need to go thru that, so I try to retouch at 8 weeks, especially since I'm doing the treatment myself now.

TRINITY05

I usually do 9-11 weeks.....and 11 weeks is pushing it for me. Shelew is right, it depends on the texture of our hair as to how often.

Quick question: Has anyone started using the transition mousse and then switched to the elongation mousse. I started with the transition mousse and got it retouched twice. I then switched to the elongation mousse and experience some shedding that I didn't experience with the transition mousse. Has anyone experienced this?

DeepBluSea

I went to a new stylist today. I was venting about my hair. Been thinking about going back to the relaxer. Don't know if it's being pregnant or what, but I just don't have fun with my hair anymore. My styles don't seem to come out right. And I don't have time or energy to end up disappointed. Anywho, she suggested this treatment. Off to watch the youtube videos.

neet4

What product are you all using as a moisturizer to keep the hair and from feeling dry in between washes?

Shelew

What product are you all using as a moisturizer to keep the hair and from feeling dry in between washes?

Since I have been bunning this past month I have been using DE curl defining cream gel or mango and olive oil cream. But when I am wearing it down I try to maintain the silkiness. I use a few drops of DE silk serum and I will put either a very tiny amount of almond oil or argan oil on my ends so not too much "moisture" going on with the serum or oil but it makes my swing last a little longer.

AllyMD

Has anyone done the elongation treatment? I'm not interested in wearing my hair straight, I just wanted my curls a little looser for easier care. I'm already scheduled for my appt in March, but still looking for some reviews...

TRINITY05

I have used the elongation mousse twice but I am having mixed emotions about it as I have switched from the transition to the elongation mousse and experienced some breakage. Not sure if my hair just doesn't like the elongation mousse or switching caused the problem.

I didn't have this problem in the beginning when I was getting the transition mousse.

yodie

Has anyone done the elongation treatment? I'm not interested in wearing my hair straight, I just wanted my curls a little looser for easier care. I'm already scheduled for my appt in March, but still looking for some reviews...

I use the transition mousse and I wear a twist out. I think you can get the same effect with the transition mousse.

Kiki28

I got the Design Essentials treatment done in a salon last month for $130. I like it but now I'm seeing ads for the Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight. Does anyone know if it would be safe to use this on my hair in a couple of months? Or should I stick to the Design Essentials?

Channy31

I have used the elongation mousse twice but I am having mixed emotions about it as I have switched from the transition to the elongation mousse and experienced some breakage. Not sure if my hair just doesn't like the elongation mousse or switching caused the problem.

I didn't have this problem in the beginning when I was getting the transition mousse.

I think I had the same issue, see my most above.

ManeStreet

I'm going to do the transitioning mousse sometime next week. I will be back with pics. For the last 6 weeks, I've been working out at the gym 3+ times a week & I'm hoping this treatment will help my hair to blowdry sleeker & combat reversion. We'll see...

TRINITY05

I think I figured out why I experienced the breakage. I was getting it done every 12 weeks and I think maybe I should have waited longer. I think getting it done every 12 weeks over processed my hair....but I'm still not sure. Anyway, I am going to stay away from the STS for a while until I get my hair back on track.

ManeStreet

Dove56 thanks for the tips!

I did my transitioning mousse treatment last night. It was a long process but I'm happy I did it. I'm just going to wear my hair in a wash & go today. I'm too tired to straighten it. Heres a pic of my hair still very wet (about 90%, it's still dripping) with leave in conditioner & mousse in it. I like how curly my hair still is following the treatment but the curls are elongated & detangling was a breeze. I didn't even need a comb which is monumental for me. Also the wave/curl pattern seems to be pretty consistent which also makes me happy. image-2892417790.jpg

lovechemise

Nurse Ratchet: saving lives & growing hair
Dove56 thanks for the tips! I did my transitioning mousse treatment last night. It was a long process but I'm happy I did it. I'm just going to wear my hair in a wash & go today. I'm too tired to straighten it. Heres a pic of my hair still very wet (about 90%, it's still dripping) with leave in conditioner & mousse in it. I like how curly my hair still is following the treatment but the curls are elongated & detangling was a breeze. I didn't even need a comb which is monumental for me. Also the wave/curl pattern seems to be pretty consistent which also makes me happy.

Your hair is soooo beautiful!!!!

sharifeh

So, was I the only one that got a mini set back from this? I'm so unlucky haha. You ladies have beautiful results btw :)

Channy31

You are not the only one I got a mini setback too

You know it made my hair kinda rough and my hair is softer now and in better condition now that it's worn off :perplexed
Go figure
Maybe it's a protein sensitivity ??? Who knows ?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Channy31

Channy31

You are not the only one I got a mini setback too

You know it made my hair kinda rough and my hair is softer now and in better condition now that it's worn off :perplexed
Go figure
Maybe it's a protein sensitivity ??? Who knows ?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Interesting, Im not protein sensitive though.
My hair is better without it, and i now know how to get my hair just as shiny and sleek without the treatment.
Shame IO still have like £100 worth of it in my cupboard.

Dove56

Dove56 thanks for the tips!

I did my transitioning mousse treatment last night. It was a long process but I'm happy I did it. I'm just going to wear my hair in a wash & go today. I'm too tired to straighten it. Heres a pic of my hair still very wet (about 90%, it's still dripping) with leave in conditioner & mousse in it. I like how curly my hair still is following the treatment but the curls are elongated & detangling was a breeze. I didn't even need a comb which is monumental for me. Also the wave/curl pattern seems to be pretty consistent which also makes me happy. View attachment 253553

ManeStreet your hair is beautiful! It is an awesome treatment. :yep:

Britt

Any updates? My mom just got this and loves it. But I'm wondering about the long term effects (after months).

I've only used this once and that was during my transition. I didn't feel the need to use it again afterwards. Now I'm fully natural and so far so good. I don't think I would get this treatment as I can manage my hair with ease and I wear it twist outs daily. I do plan to get my hair straightened every so often though.

luckiestdestiny

I've only used this once and that was during my transition. I didn't feel the need to use it again afterwards. Now I'm fully natural and so far so good. I don't think I would get this treatment as I can manage my hair with ease and I wear it twist outs daily. I do plan to get my hair straightened every so often though.
Britt my mom is transitioning. Do you think this is a good long term solution? She will have to transition for a while (if she doesn't snap and go back.)

After using it, what was the reason you did not feel the need to use it again? Did you have any damage? Did your hair revert easily? Did it stay in the styles you wanted while using it (wearing it straight, etc)?

Britt

@Britt my mom is transitioning. Do you think this is a good long term solution? She will have to transition for a while (if she doesn't snap and go back.)

After using it, what was the reason you did not feel the need to use it again? Did you have any damage? Did your hair revert easily? Did it stay in the styles you wanted while using it (wearing it straight, etc)?

luckiestdestiny to be honest, Idk if it's a good long term solution. I got mine done I think around month 10 of my transition and I started to get Dominican rollersets n blow outs and I'd blow dry my own hair so essentially I was wearing my hair straight. Yes, my hair reverted from using the system. However, I received some heat damage from the few Dominican blow outs I got. I got this treatment b/c I didn't know how/felt overwhelmed with my transitioning hair. Looking back in hindsight, instead of trying to wear my hair straight, I would have started doing my braid outs earlier on in my transition. I didn't really see the real benefit of using this. It was good for when I got wash n sets and wore my hair straight and for when I'd blow dry my hair straight myself. As my transition continued I realized how much easier it was to handle my hair when I took the time to do my braid outs. I worked in 4 sections similar to how I handle my hair now. Also while transitioning, for the most part I'd wear my hair slicked back b/c it was easy. For me, I didn't see the need to keep using it when I realized that it wouldn't be in my best interest to keep trying to straighten my hair.