See this is why Reniece is so great...

cutiebe2

These days you can get quality hair that can last you for months or even more that a year so that would save money....

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
Jasmataz how long have you been going to reniece? I've been debating literally for years but I can't seem to convince myself to pay $320 PLUS hair for a sewn-in

MizAvalon

These days you can get quality hair that can last you for months or even more that a year so that would save money....

I have been using the same weave hair for over a year. Just wash, condition, and reinstall. I was leery about paying so much for it but I see why...the quality is excellent. :yep:

sj10460

140 are weave prices AFTER the deposit depending on who you see. I haven't been to the site, but I've paid that around that amount for an install with color.

I have no idea what anyone charges for just blow dry/wash. It's too far for me to go in just for that.

ETA: Weave install prices....it doesn't include hair. I'd simply call and ask if 1. She's taking new clients and 2. How much for just blowdry/wash.....if it's not on the site. My lazy is on high though. Lol. So I haven't checked.

@intellectualuva the website says:

Service
Description
Example

Rate

Partial Weave
Sewn-in. The natural hair lies between each track, hair is also left out at the top and sides. The finished look is the same as a full weave
$250 1st Appt
$230 Regular*

(excluding hair)

*Prices are subject to change*
Full Weave
Sewn in. The majority of the hair is braided except for a portion at the top, sides and/or back area.
$320 1st Appt
$260 Regular*

(excluding hair)

Full-Head Weave
Sewn in. All of the natural hair is braided up. The tracks are closed off at the top. No parting, just a separation of hair in the front.
$350 1st Appt
$290 Regular*

(excluding hair)

Fusion
A strand-by-strand method of attachment using a keratin bond
Please inquire

Individual Tracks
Single tracks added for fullness or highlights

$45 per track
(excluding hair and shampoo)

sj10460

Where is everyone getting $140 from? Perhaps that's the regular customer rate. Her prices seem to have drastically increased.

loulou82

Where is everyone getting $140 from? Perhaps that's the regular customer rate. Her prices seem to have drastically increased.

140 is the rate for junior stylists Shannon and Shamira. The deposit is 80 and goes towards the weave service that includes shampoo, dc, install, cut and style.

MizAvalon

140 is the rate for junior stylists Shannon and Shamira. The deposit is 80 and goes towards the weave service that includes shampoo, dc, install, cut and style.

Yes, those are the rates for the junior stylists who have been trained under Reniece. As a new client, it's unlikely that you will get an appointment with Reniece. You will see one of the junior stylists or maybe Reniece's sister, who is actually the one that does Reniece's hair.

It's totally worth $140.:yep:

intellectualuva

Cosigned. Reneice and Breon have different prices.

I pay/have paid more than that because I get color done too.....i simply said 140 after 80 deposit (essentially 200+) is "around" what I paid considering I tip too. Lol.

ETA:
In terms of product question. ..i use the DHD to wash my weave hair. It's ok, but honestly when it's all gone I will just go back to using my staple Come Clean Shampoo and Tresemme Naturals or whatever else I have lying around to wash my weave. Lol. My hair last about a year without any fancy shampoo/conditioners.

Last edited:

Britt

Oh wow! Only $140 for a full weave? That's an awesome price. Stylists of her caliber up here easily charge a couple hundred more.

It still seems to me the common denominator is wearing weaves. From all the progress pics I've studied of hers over the years, her clients wear weaves. Before the natural movement, she'd have relaxed clients and they would stretch their relaxers via weaves. I am utterly amazed at the thickness in her before and after pics.

Miss_Jetsetter

How often did you see her? Did you get weaves? Or blow dry and flat iron?

I need a new stylist. Her website only has weave info. How much is just a blow dry/flat iron.

LovelyLouboutin

I was privileged to be a client of hers for about 2 years... I live in Florida so I would use my flight benefits as a flight attendant to travel to Maryland to see her... I traveled total of 4 times...got my hair relaxed by her every 6 months (no weave services)... Best money I ever spent... I eventually had to stop because it just became too cumbersome to travel so far to get my hair done... Buy I have fond memories of her because she was so sweet and likeable plus she was soooooo gentle with my hair! It was unbelievable! Post partum shedding has unfortunately forced me into a big chop but I'm thinking God willing would like to take a trip To go see her in the summer of 2016 :)

kandake

Oh wow! Only $140 for a full weave? That's an awesome price. Stylists of her caliber up here easily charge a couple hundred more.

It still seems to me the common denominator is wearing weaves. From all the progress pics I've studied of hers over the years, her clients wear weaves. Before the natural movement, she'd have relaxed clients and they would stretch their relaxers via weaves. I am utterly amazed at the thickness in her before and after pics.

I'm trying to emulate this concept with wigs. I know it's worked for a few ladies here. Actually it worked for me when I was growing out a short pixie cut, so I'm hopeful.

Britt

I'm trying to emulate this concept with wigs. I know it's worked for a few ladies here. Actually it worked for me when I was growing out a short pixie cut, so I'm hopeful.

that's exactly what I was thinking too. I think a good wig would be great to use as a protective style.

MizAvalon

They make custom wigs too, no idea what any of them charge to do it.

Do they, really? Wow, I had no idea!! I'm going to inquire about that the next time I go in. I would love to just have a wig made when I order my next closure. The weaves are wonderful but I love being able to get in there and wash my hair really good every couple of weeks, especially since I exercise so hard.

intellectualuva

Do they, really? Wow, I had no idea!! I'm going to inquire about that the next time I go in. I would love to just have a wig made when I order my next closure. The weaves are wonderful but I love being able to get in there and wash my hair really good every couple of weeks, especially since I exercise so hard.

Yes ma'am. I saw Breon talking one of the Junior stylists through one. Couldn't tell you which one it was though. Lol. I'm usually dog tired when I go in, so I never get any details on anything.

tjrj1998

If anyone is interested, you can purchase the Diane knockoff of the Denman. It has a larger handle unlike the 5 row Denman.

I purchased the Diane a few weeks ago with 10 rows and removed every other row. It works very, very well.

I paid maybe $2 and change for it.

bluediamond0829

Yes I've had a friend thats been to Tamika and has loved her as well. She's taking a waiting list right now because her shop was damaged from fire. So if any of you have her on IG make sure you send prayers her way and support. I just found out last night when I started following her on IG.

Jasmataz

For the current and former clients, what do you think of the recommended products:

DHD H2O shampoo and Moisture conditioner by Nat Lewis and Lisa Akbari's moisture plus as a daily moisturizer

Jasmataz

I haven't given any of these products a try, but my mom has used the Lisa Akbari moisturizer, and she didn't care for it.

intellectualuva

Yes I've had a friend thats been to Tamika and has loved her as well. She's taking a waiting list right now because her shop was damaged from fire. So if any of you have her on IG make sure you send prayers her way and support. I just found out last night when I started following her on IG.

Awwwwww I'm sorry to hear that. I'll definitely put a few prayers.

Miss_Jetsetter

For the current and former clients, what do you think of the recommended products:

DHD H2O shampoo and Moisture conditioner by Nat Lewis and Lisa Akbari's moisture plus as a daily moisturizer

Miss_Jetsetter
intellectualuva
Allandra
SugarRush
Jasmataz
MizAvalon

naturalmanenyc

I did purchase and try the DHD shampoo and conditioner myself but I'm thinking it may have been In Reniece's technique because I didn't receive the stellar results like when she used it on me :/