Dr. Drew's Life Changers - Black Hair

MsLizziA

Shows like this are so predictable. Played out just like I thought it would.

Was there resolution? No
Anything stated that we didn't alreaddy know? No
Entertainment? Yes
Adequate time on the show devoted to education? No
Numerous examples of division within the Black community? Yes
Numerous examples of unity within the Black community? NO

DAMN! :lachen::lachen:

snillohsss

So far this show is a mess. The one girl who "proudly" states she is black/chinese/native american and she has good hair or "white girl" hair.

Then Dr.Drew asks her if she was wearing her hair. She says.. "oh no... I have on a weave."

UGH.

So far there arent any ladies on this show with long hair. Further perpetuating the myth that black women can't grow hair past their shoulders.

kupenda

Not happy with Derek j saying some women just need to have relaxers. I already couldn't stand his pudgy cross dressing behind. But that comment...ugh. Where's the head shaking smiley?! I need smilies! He blew me with that one

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Natty_Virgo

Not happy with Derek j saying some women just need to have relaxers. I already couldn't stand his pudgy cross dressing behind. But that comment...ugh. Where's the head shaking smiley?! I need smilies! He blew me with that one

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

:lachen: :lachen:

RegaLady

Why?

I used to get that all the time when my hair was cut short.

I did too!:yep: I hate to admit, but I got far more attention with my short cut than any hair style(long, weave, SL) I have ever worn. Thats why I don't believe the hype that ALL men love long hair.

snillohsss

I really didn't believe the guy when he said he thought short hair was sexy. He said the bald lady looks sexy, but HIS WIFE could never wear her hair like that because that isn't what he was into.

In fact, all the black men danced around the subject. They said women should do what makes them happy, but for THEM.. they aren't into weaves, wigs, short natural hair, etc.

Basically this show was a fail. It was also interesting that so many in this thread were concerned with what that YT chick would say, and she probably had about 6 minutes of talk time on the entire show. :lol:

jada1111

I actually think most of those men are referring to going weave-less as natural more than anything else but I still think most of their opinions can't be trusted compared to their actions.

I haven't seen the show yet, but THIS is very true. Every black man I know HATES the weave more than life itself.

They'd rather a woman go bald than put a weave on. They don't mind it if you're doing it to enhance a style every once in awhile, but not for EVERYDAY and FOREVER.

Ogoma

So far this show is a mess. The one girl who "proudly" states she is black/chinese/native american and she has good hair or "white girl" hair.

Then Dr.Drew asks her if she was wearing her hair. She says.. "oh no... I have on a weave."

UGH.

So far there arent any ladies on this show with long hair. Further perpetuating the myth that black women can't grow hair past their shoulders.

There was a lady on the stage that didn't say a word, just smiled and nodded. She seems like she might be APL or longer stretched.

snillohsss

There was a lady on the stage that didn't say a word, just smiled and nodded. She seems like she might be APL or longer stretched.

I saw her, but I didn't count her because the odds that she had on a weave were high. So many on that show were wearing weaves.

Lucky's Mom

this is WHY.... Black folks cannot be on TV... this is totally ridiculous. EPIC FAIL.

I have nappy hair. SCREW EVERYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT.

Lucky's Mom

UGH.

Yes. it is a HOT MESS. :nono::nono:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I liked the show overall. They could have left Derek J's part off though. That was so random...

But I thought they did a good job of picking people to represent each perspective. I bet the producers thought Himmay would go H.A.M on that stage due to her youtube personality but she kept it classy.

Love Always

You know what, she's a nice looking woman but her weave was very distracting. I can see why some men aren't down for the weaves especially one that was hideous like the one she was rocking :ohwell:. You couldn't help but to see her weave rather than her face :nono:.

I wanted him to say her hair weave looks a green mess.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
see they should have ask some of you ladies to be on the show

I would have been on that jawn with a big BAA with an afro pick stuck in that mug, fist raised in the air sangin, "Ain't nuffin like the real thang bay-by, ain't nuffin like the real thaaaang! Oooo ooo!"

Free round trip right? :look:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I would have been on that jawn with a big BAA with an afro pick stuck in that mug, fist raised in the air sangin, "Ain't nuffin like the real thang bay-by, ain't nuffin like the real thaaaang! Oooo ooo!"

Free round trip right? :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Dying....DYING LAUGHING!!!

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
So the show was just mindless entertainment, which is one BIG reason I have never seen it before, and will never watch it again... One thing I did agree with was the opinion that in the end, it's just hair. It shouldn't be a big deal, and what you do with it should be between you and your folicles. As long as we're taking the self hatetred out of relaxing, then there shouldn't be a problem with those who chemically or heat straighten their hair. Right? :look:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I checked and yes it looks like she's set them all to private. I wonder why. Maybe she's expecting back lash from the Dr Drew interview? :perplexed
Maybe she's thinking about changing up her whole channel to make it more sophisticated and appropriate since she has made an appearance on the show. She don't wanna be seen cursing and rambling about random things anymore since she has more of an audience now.

hair4romheaven

Did Dr. Drew give Himan an upper side eye? When he was talking to her daughter as she cried. Himan said something about her daughter needs to tell them they have battery acid on the scalp from perms. Dr. Drew gave her a quick upper side eye!! LOL

yorkpatties

So glad I didn't have to actually watch this! After a hard day of work I don't have time for the BS. Thanks for summing it up ladies!