Pictures of type 2/C hair????

LuLu

Okay, I'm still trying to figure out my type...I just want to know, and I think I may be 2C because I have "s" but absolutely no curl, I did a search but didn't find pictures to compare...any of you 2C people have pics???

Chichi

I don't have any pictures but I can tell you that if your hair grows out in an S-pattern then you are a 2. If it is coarse too then you are 2C. That's what I am. Kinda cool when I have a lot of new growth because it looks like a put a wave in my hair. HTH.

Chichi

velvethalo

Huh? Ok now I'm totally confused. I have s-curl hair, but I definately don't consider my hair a 2-anything.

So- what is it that I'm not getting?

inthestars

[ QUOTE ]
velvethalo said:
Huh? Ok now I'm totally confused. I have s-curl hair, but I definately don't consider my hair a 2-anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair looks like type 3 a/b.. any other input from other viewers?

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
I don't have any pictures but I can tell you that if your hair grows out in an S-pattern then you are a 2. If it is coarse too then you are 2C. That's what I am. Kinda cool when I have a lot of new growth because it looks like a put a wave in my hair. HTH.

Chichi

[/ QUOTE ]

That is absolutely rite. When my new growth comes in it is very soft and wavy. I'll try and take a few pics next time and post them for ya.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
inthestars said:
[ QUOTE ]
velvethalo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair looks like type 3 a/b.. any other input from other viewers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Very nice hair

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
velvethalo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo: Your hair look so pretty......gorgeous!....I agree with "....Stars"

LuLu

Thanks you guys...nice to finally know, that definately described my hair, and when I stretch out the "s" it's a lot silkier than my relaxed hair

Are you two relaxed? Cause I have about 2 inches of newgrowth and I may not relax again...

KinksnCurlz

Unfortunately, i knew nothing about texturizers until i came to this board so yes, i am relaxed. have been since i was 16 years old.

InsertCleverNameHere

I thought everyone's hair grew out in an S pattern? Am I wrong? I thought you couldn't tell unless you had almost all natural hair to see if it actually curled up or not.
My hair grows out in an S pattern, but I don't think I am type 2 because when I am fully natural the loose ends start to curl. But when I have a relaxer, My new growth is wavy to the very end of it even if I have 4 inches of it.

So no one has pics? Can a type 2 person show a pic of someone whose hair is most similar to theirs?

LuLu

I would think you could tell after a couple of inches, you could probably see the hair start to coil, I would think if you had 2 + inches of new growth, the curls would start to coil around each other if you have curly hair, my hair doesn't seem have a 3rd dimension if that makes sense, it lays in the "s" shape against my head...

And I don't think everyone grows in "s"'s, the 4's grow in z's right??

I'm no expert though.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
When I think of type 2C hair I think of:

The thickness varies, but I always think of loose curls and waves as opposed to an s pattern... Chili from TLC and Ananda Lewis are 2's, IMO.

LuLu

DSD, how long does it get before it spirals???

It would be realy great if I could get one answer...I've been told 2,3 4...1999, all I want are some pictures to compare to...

silvergirl

halos hair looks like a 3c actually, 3a/b is hair like mariah careys pic that lulu has up.

type two is is best described as latina hair its more wave than curl. the strand doesnt go around it just lays flat in an s pattern. type 3 is more bouncy curly like mariahs, 3c is very thick almost coil like, but still loose enough to see a curl pattern. type 4's have more difficulty seeing any curl pattern to their hair unless they wet it or manipulate the hair in some way.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
DSD, how long does it get before it spirals???

It would be realy great if I could get one answer...I've been told 2,3 4...1999, all I want are some pictures to compare to...

[/ QUOTE ]
About 2 inches.

It is very confusing to figure out because people try to fit the hair types into 4 little categories. I believe it is a lot broader than that. Not all 2's have hair like TLC'c Chili and not all 4's have hair like Oprah. Good luck trying to firgure it out!

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

The thickness varies, but I always think of loose curls and waves as opposed to an s pattern... Chili from TLC and Ananda Lewis are 2's, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me on the left... but NEVER that long

silvergirl

i see alot of people tryin to judge their natural hair after product has already been applied to their hair. u can only see ur true natural hair after washing and drying it with no product applied, adding something like oil, pomades, gels, will of course loosen your curl pattern and make you think you have something your not.. i saw this on another post an wanted to address it.

InsertCleverNameHere

Hmmmm...I'm getting more confused. I'm quite sure I'm not a 2, because I don't have Anada Lewis type hair. Even though my hair doesn't curl dramatically, my wave pattern is probably about a inch in diameter and most of the pics of type 2's I see their waves are large like 2 inches each. That first 2C pic is similar to my hair when it is very long...I think it is because of the weight though. Also my hair doesn't curl up at all unless I am fully natural and then if I am fully natural , I will have a spiral or two at the end.

I think I am a 3b. But who knows? I will just go by the fact that I have wavey, curly hair instead of by type!

inthestars

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:

Are you two relaxed? Cause I have about 2 inches of newgrowth and I may not relax again...

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't relaxed since Aug 2002. My hair was falling out too much. Right now, it's alot better except for the sides which are sparse and still damaged. I relaxed for 20 years so its going to take more than a year for my hair to purge the relaxer.

inthestars

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen that pic on the left before and I always thought it looked like a weave. The hair on the bottom looks slightly different.

LuLu

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
What about HairLove? Is her hair a type 2? Maybe you should look at her pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

/I have looked at her pics, I look at her album alot because her hair reminds me a lot of mine...I don't know her type though.