8 WEEKS POST RELAXER and COUNTING

Wolftrap

I just want to thank you ladies. I am ashamed to say this but this is the longest I have EVER gone without a touch up and my hair has never been in such great condition. Thanks to the ladies on this board I have learned to handle my new growth instead of faithfully going every 6 weeks for no reason. My hair does not even look like it needs a touch up. I am going to see how long I can go but this is great! I notice no breakage or anything. Thanks!!

karezone

Yeah for you. I am currently 10 weeks and will be relaxing tonight. Next time I will try for 12 weeks. Remember it is all about the moisture and protective hair styles.

Chichi

Congrats wolftrap! I know what you mean
. I am almost three months post relaxer (I'm transitioning) and my hair is thriving due to the good tips on this board.

I was waiting for the other shoe to fall and for breakage to set in (at the demarcation line) but so far so good; no breakage.

Chichi

MissB

Wolftrap,

I know how you feel. I am 7 weeks post relaxer and I only have new growth on the edges only. But, by next Wednesday, I will have new growth all over my head. Eight weeks is an accomplishment since I used to be exactly six weeks. Congratulations and keep up the good work. This board is a lifesaver!

lonesomedove

Hi this is my first post, but I too have gone 8 weeks for the first time and will be relaxing next week. Although my hair seems to be in better condition, my ends look absolutely horrible! I've been moisturing with distilled water and mango butter, but they still look really frizzy. When I wash I airdry and put in a bun and wear it up all the time with no heat, could this be the reason? I just hope she doesn't have to take off several inches because my ends look so bad and drawn up Thanks for all the great tips on this board ladies!

aqualung

Wolftrap,
Inquiring minds want to know what techniques and products you've used to master your new growth! Tell me please?

Welcome Lonesomedove,
I smear/seal my damp ends with vaseline before braiding up my hair and pinning it in a bun each weak. My stylist at Tuesday's touchup said that my ends were exceptional (considering that I'd let my new growth go for so long). Do a search for Leejure's thread about vaseline & buns.

Wolftrap

I just posted a thread about ends so I may not be the best person to ask. When is the last time you had a trim? My ends were just rough not scraggly. When mine get like that then I need to trim and no matter what they won't get better. But I do find when I wear my hair in a bun my ends get like that from me bending them over. But if you have had a trim recently then someone else should be along to offer some suggestions.

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
Wolftrap,
Inquiring minds want to know what techniques and products you've used to master your new growth! Tell me please?
(

[/ QUOTE ]

I can actually give a lot of thanks to my dominican stylist for managing my new growth. That keeps my roots straight since I go once a week and then just wrap nightly. From this board I have learned that conditioner washes and the QP Mango butter keep my new growth soft. I use the mango butter on my new growth after the conditioner wash. I have never gone this long without a relaxer. But you know now that I think about it I think about it and after reading some other posts my hair texture is changing since I have been taking that GNC Nourishair. My new growth is much softer when it is blown out.

Eclipse

Congrats! Doesn't it feel great? On Sunday, I'll be 12 weeks. That used to be the equivalent of 3 touch ups for me.

jainygirl

good growing girl
before you know it the weeks will be flying and you will actually find yourself making excuses for extending your touchup even longer as each week passes
you are doing great
---jainygirl

MoezThunder

I'll be at 10 weeks next Wed. If someone had told me that a few months ago, I would have told them they were crazy. But I'm chillin! I feel 12 or 13 weeks coming on. I'll be scuuurrred to go past 13weeks.

Wolftrap

I think I'm going to max out at 12 and then I'll get a touch up. I've just never gone this long and if you would have told me my hair would still be looking great after all this time I would not have believed you.