• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

I got painful detox feelings from taking this stuff. Bad stomach cramping, I quit after a week. I may try again and see if it was a fluke or not
'
Your system may need more detoxing. That's why it's best to add chlorella slowly, and then increase. I read some stuff on the internet about people who had similar stuff happening and they called the makers of the product, and found out that they should decrease as their body was detoxing, and they needed to slowly introduce it.

So if you take too much, meaning you're getting a reaction like this, reduce the amount because your system is just cleansing itself and you need to slowly clean, not speed it up!!!!

If you take this time, take half what you were taking and it should gets better. Then when your body is used to it, you can up your dose for more benefits.

It's kind of like this whole thing is kinda fine tuning kinda like our whole protein vs moisture, what's right for you might not be right for another. Wish I had a better analogy.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I'm interested... I heard green foods were great for teh immune system etc... I didn't know they made the hair grow, although, I guess I take that back because I remember awhile ago people taking spirulina (which is a form of algae) to help the hair grow.. Where is the thread with the girls you mentioned talking about how it makes their hair grow? Also, wha'ts the name of the green drink you are drinking that's helping your weight loss and where can I find it?

Thanks so much! HOpefully we can find something beneificial here.. I would love to have assistance with weight loss as well, so this seems like a good thing.

Jade 21 claims 2 inches a month. It's in this thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=21208&highlight=chlorella&page=3

I'm going to look up the others and see if it's in the same thread.

mamauv2

'
You're system may need more detoxing. That's why it's best to add chlorella slowly, and then increase. I read some stuff on the internet about people who had similar stuff happening and they called the makers of the product, and found out that they should decrease as their body was detoxing, and they needed to slowly introduce it.

So if you take too much, meaning you're getting a reaction like this, reduce the amount because your system is just cleansing itself and you need to slowly clean, not speed it up!!!!

If you take this time, take half what you were taking and it should gets better. Then when your body is used to it, you can up your dose for more benefits.

It's kind of like this whole thing is kinda fine tuning kinda like our whole protein vs moisture, what's right for you might not be right for another. Wish I had a better analogy.

Thanks! I think I'll do that!

Oh! Now ya'll know chlorella is my favorite! lol i am back on it too, capsules thought, once i run out i will go bk on the powder.

eta: Chlorella has been so beneficial to my overall health whenever i can be consistent with it. I got the most growth in 2007, when i started it, that is what helped my hair grow from shoulder length to brastrap. I have been really busy and just started bk on it but i am going to try stay using chlorella. My eyesight has improved, my skin is always nice, bowl movements are normal like someone else stated and my hair is longer and thicker because of chlorella, that was even before i started on other supplements. ;), Oh and yes i started after reading Jade21's review, i miss her so...

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

A bottle said to take 12-20 tablets a day? Is that serious? Anyone take the pills?

I just bought some pills in addition to what's in my green drink (bought pills today). Mine says 10 pills. I think it depends on how "much" is in there. I also saw pills at wholefoods that said 5 pills a day, but they had a "bigger" amount in them. So if you look, they are probably really small dose pills. I'd still half it, and then move up if you like it. FYI (the pills are really tiny, at least mine are in my container. They're like mini pills. Three of them equals the size of one normal pill)

IndianAngel22

Oh! Now ya'll know chlorella is my favorite! lol i am back on it too, capsules thought, once i run out i will go bk on the powder.

eta: Chlorella has been so beneficial to my overall health whenever i can be consistent with it. I got the most growth in 2007, when i started it, that is what helped my hair grow from shoulder length to brastrap. I have been really busy and just started bk on it but i am going to try stay using chlorella. My eyesight has improved, my skin is always nice, bowl movements are normal like someone else stated and my hair is longer and thicker because of chlorella, that was even before i started on other supplements. ;), Oh and yes i started after reading Jade21's review, i miss her so...

What kind of Chlorella pills are you taking, how many, and how mang mgs?

What kind of Chlorella pills are you taking, how many, and how mang mgs?

Now im taking 3 grams, the brand is earthwise, actually they are tablets i think i said capsules, but i got Jarrows brand powder i just got that a wk or two ago. In the beginning i started on natureway capsules i think i was, then switched to source naturals powder and thats when i got and always get alot of noticeable growth. I really like there powder brand best but when i ordered it from iherb the other week it was sold out!!!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Good to know you took the powder. I have some in my green formula. And I was going to add a few pills per day too because I'm greedy! I still will make sure not to overdo it. Just perhaps one green drink, and a couple pills, so that my body can adjust.

BTW, what do you love about Chlorella?

Good to know you took the powder. I have some in my green formula. And I was going to add a few pills per day too because I'm greedy! I still will make sure not to overdo it. Just perhaps one green drink, and a couple pills, so that my body can adjust.

BTW, what do you love about Chlorella?

I know that i had been read diamoness and Jade21 post about it long b4 i ever tried. I guess i loved the fact it really worked as far as my hair at first, but really i feel better and more energy when i take it immediately, it doesnt take 3 months to kick in, for me i notice with in a few days or week. It made my eyelashes longer, they were hitting my glasses at one point. Um, it just has been worth the money to me i guess. It is a superfood and it has alot great benefits for the body and immune system too!

luckiestdestiny

so why are people taking both?

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Chlorella gets its name from the high amount of chlorophyl it possesses. Chlorella contains more chlorophyl per gram than any other plant. Chlorophyl is one of the greatest food substances for cleansing the bowel and other elimination systems, such as the liver and the blood. [/SIZE][/FONT]
http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-chelation/health-benefits-of-chlorella.htm

The chlorophyl primarily detoxes
Maybe people want to detox as well. I'm sure chlorophyl also helps hair growth but chlorophyl is already in chlorella so there's no need to take it in addition to unless you want to. For example on my serving size of chlorella there are 76 mg of chlorophyll.
whereas chlorella does it all including regeneration which includes faster hair growth.

Last edited:

IndianAngel22

Now im taking 3 grams, the brand is earthwise, actually they are tablets i think i said capsules, but i got Jarrows brand powder i just got that a wk or two ago. In the beginning i started on natureway capsules i think i was, then switched to source naturals powder and thats when i got and always get alot of noticeable growth. I really like there powder brand best but when i ordered it from iherb the other week it was sold out!!!

So all I need is 1 teaspoon of this?
http://sourcenaturalscatalog.com/sn1528.html

That is all i was taking, i would put it in orange juice. It doesnt taste great, just a heads up lol

Its some powerful stuff! Im glad you guys are doing your research on it. I even googled it b4 and a lady on yahoo answer was raving about chorella and some other supp. lol she was like her hair is growing like wildfire at 56!

Last edited:

adw425

I have been taking spirulina and chlorella since 2000 off and on -- mostly on and mostly spirulina, which is my number one supplement (that and acai). THe rule of thumb is to take half as many chlorella tablets as spirulina for the full synergistic effect and I do seem to reap the most benefits when I take them together. Right now, I am not consistent with the chlorella, but most days will take five spirulina in the afternoon and five before bed. Naturalnews.com has a booklet called Spirulina and Chlorella: Superfoods for Optimum Health. It is 67 pages but worth the read.

IndianAngel22

That is all i was taking, i would put it in orange juice. It doesnt taste great, just a heads up lol

Its some powerful stuff! Im glad you guys are doing your research on it. I even googled it b4 and a lady on yahoo answer was raving about chorella and some other supp. lol she was like her hair is growing like wildfire at 56!

did you do 1 teaspoon once a day or 3 times a day? Also do you prefer the tablets? How bad is the taste really? I'm trying to determine which one to get and what I should get. I feel like there's so many!

Once a day, mostly at night or in the evening, but sometimes i would take it b4 that, but yeah i never took a real high dosage. The powder in oj doesnt taste great, but its i bear either imo.

In 2007 i was supposed to be losing hair because i had my son, but i my hair never fell out from postpardum shedding. Thats why i know my hair grew some inches, because i had my child in feb. feb/march my hair was thicker at my shoulders, from having the baby but not shedding because of the supplements and i wore a wig, and took my supplements by july 2007 my hair was several inches past shoulders, seriously my coworkers were in awe of my hair! It was so cool, thats how i know it did do something 4 my hair. I believe i was at apl and didnt try hard to get it!!!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

So I just converted the grams to milligrams. I converted 3 g to 3000 milligrams using the converter metric-conversions.org

So I've been under doing it. I'm going to kick it up a notch because my green drink has only 350 mg in it, which while great, isn't near close. I'm glad I bought the supplements now too. I'm still going to keep to the drink, because of the weight loss benefits (maybe all the things: spirulina, wheatgrass, sea vegetable blend, etc are working together to do that), but I'll up my dose of chlorella. Thanks!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

My research online says it can be taken separately and doesn't need anything else. Maybe others are using different combinations. You can check and see what. I'm just sticking to my green drink which includes spirulina and wheatgrass, cherry, spinach, etc, and then just mix that in some juice and then I'm going to take the chlorella separately. Babydollhair just stated that she was getting good hair growth just using chlorella without any other supplements back in the day.

Last edited:
So I just converted the grams to milligrams. I converted 3 g to 3000 milligrams using the converter metric-conversions.org

So I've been under doing it. I'm going to kick it up a notch because my green drink has only 350 mg in it, which while great, isn't near close. I'm glad I bought the supplements now too. I'm still going to keep to the drink, because of the weight loss benefits (maybe all the things: spirulina, wheatgrass, sea vegetable blend, etc are working together to do that), but I'll up my dose of chlorella. Thanks!

No problem! i bet you if take both a sea vegetable supplement and chlorella, you will experience some of what i & others have come to know. That stuff makes ur hair grow quick!
i took a sea vegetable capsule from vitamin shoppe, emerald balance and source natural chlorella during last summer, oh and i was using mn too! i used to be something like a greenfood junkie. I want to get into juicing more this year.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I ended up ordering this Chlorella.
http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Yaeyama-Chlorella-8-oz-1
It was the cheapest I could find and the one that babydollhair recommended. Hope that helps someone else

Wow, I'm glad I'm on the right track. That's the kind I bought at wholefoods, just in pill form.

I chose it after researching because it contains high amounts of Chlorella Growth Factor or CFG

This is what it says about CFG: http://www.naturalways.com/chlorella-growth-factor.htm
Experiments with microorganisms, animals and children have shown that CGF promotes faster than normal growth without adverse side effects, and in adults, it appears to enhance RNA/DNA functions responsible for production of proteins, enzymes and energy at the cellular level, stimulating tissue repair and protecting cells against some toxic substances.

I thought, it stimulates growth faster...hmmm...it probably will stimulate all types of growth from tissue repair, to hair repair faster.

From what I've seen online all chlorella has it. But these pills from YAEYAMA have it in high concentrations. I don't know if they extracted it from the Chlorella algae food or what.

So it's good to know I'm on the right track since babydollhair has been using chlorella for a while.

luckiestdestiny

More about chlorella growth factor:http://www.shokos.com/CryptomonadalesCGF.htm
* chlorella growth factor helps to refresh and rejuvenate every cell of your body.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to enable your body to utilize nutrients more effectively.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to detoxify and chelate your body.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to stimulate and build your immune system.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to strengthen your body's ability to recover quickly from stress.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to combat damaging free radicals.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to accelerate and enhance the re-growth of damaged tissue.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to improve cellular efficiency and integrity.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to activate cellular functions and increases your metabolism.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to normalize the metabolism of fats.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to activate protein synthesis.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to increase the growth of beneficial bacteria in your colon.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to promote healthy growth in children without adverse side effects.*
* chlorella growth factor helps you to resist the effects of premature aging.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to enhance RNA DNA functions responsible for the production of proteins, enzymes and energy at the cellular level.*
* chlorella growth factor helps to encourage the rejuvenation of your body's own DNA RNA, thus you will look and feel younger.* Typically beginning with visible positive changes as it helps to strengthen and improve hair, skin and nails.*

and more

luckiestdestiny

Also for weight...which I noticed a weight loss, and nutrition value here's a host of info.

Here's a study where rats were fed lots of food and it was found that CGF. Also note that it reduced cholesterol too. This product seems like THE product to take:
http://www.raysahelian.com/chlorella.html
Administration of the extract to rats suppressed the body weight gain. After 7 weeks, the administration of the extract to the group reduced increases in both serum total cholesterols and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterols. It also normalized the decrease of triglyceride level in the group. These results suggest that a dietary supplement of chlorella growth factor may be useful to control the body weight

From http://www.regenerativenutrition.com

Your immune system will be greatly enhanced
* Friendly bacteria growth is encouraged supporting your digestion
* Proven to remove heavy metals & toxins from your body
* Helps to keep your body alkaline – essential for good health
* Antiviral properties help to protect you from infection
* Broad spectrum nutrition that boosts your energy
* Chlorella will support weight loss if you are dieting
* A natural deodorant, Chlorella helps to freshen your breath
* A good bowel cleansing agent that improves the overall digestive track

Chlorella contains a wealth of important nutrients;

* Known as the richest natural source of chlorophyll – deep cleansing
* More than 20 bio-available (easy to digest) vitamins & minerals
* Rich in Beta-Carotene a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals
* 19 amino acids - essential for tissue and cell regeneration
* Greater quantity of fatty acids than Spirulina or wild blue green algae
* 60% superior protein – three times the amount of steak or fish
* Contains most components of the vitamin B complex, especially B12,

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Okay I know you're tired but check this out.

Complete protein. Chlorella contains 19 of 22 existing amino acids, including the eight essential amino acids.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs). Chlorella contains EFA's that protect your heart and regulate your metabolism.

Chlorophyll. Chlorella is the most abundant source of chlorophyll. It has been shown to be effective in detoxifying your blood and provides magnesium for your heart function.

Fiber. Chlorella's fibrous cell walls are thought to bind to heavy metals and pesticides so that they can be eliminated from your body. 3

Antioxidants. Antioxidants in chlorella can neutralize free radicals (free radicals can cause cancer and aging).

Chlorella Growth Factor. CGF, a mysterious property of chlorella, has been shown to stimulate healthy cell growth and turnover at rapid rates, which can slow aging and encourage healing. 4

Carotenoids. Carotenoids keep cholesterol from oxidizing and clogging arteries.

Magnesium. Magnesium is essential for nearly every process in your body, including regulating blood pressure and blood sugar.

Here are some great health reasons to include chlorella in your diet: 5

Controls body weight

Eases symptoms of fibromyalgia

Lowers blood pressure

Improves digestion

Prevents cataracts

Cleanses and detoxifies your body

Reduces inflammation

Chelates heavy metals

Enhances digestion

Encourages the growth of good bacteria

Soothes ulcerative colitis

Protects against heart disease

http://www.bodyecology.com/07/03/29/chlorella_detoxifier.php
It also has fiber, you know that stuff you hate to swallow like metamucil? Done, over. And what about antioxidents? In the chlorella. Oh yeah and what happens when cells turn over fast? What about that hair growing out of your head?

luckiestdestiny

Anyone else went out and bought some yet? Mine was on sale at wholefoods for $11.00 for 300 before you get excited they're very small like tiny tiny and you can take up to ten a day. So for someone who halfs it, there's two months supply, or someone who takes the ten, there's one month. However they really are small, like one third a dime size, so it's not hard to take them being that they're so tiny.

IndianAngel22

I got the powder kind to prevent taking a bazillion pills cuz I'd just crush them up in my smoothie anyway. Do you think making a strawberry and orange juice type smoothie can cover up the taste? How well does orange juice on it's own cover it up? I don't want to gag everyday

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I'm on ebay trying to get me some! I wonder which kind I'm supposed to get? Is it the combo of Chlorophyll and Chlorella? Can I just take Chlorella you think?

I just bought spirulina and chlorella I forgot about the chlorophyll so I am just going to stick with this and see how it works. I am still fasting so it wont be til the first of Feb before I start.

Luckiest, thanks for posting all the info on chlorella, i hope everyone reaps the best benefits from it. It has really blessed me, if you can't already tell!

Sorry for the double post i didnt think it posted!?

Last edited: