2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Are there any other youth ministry workers/leaders on the board? I'd love it if we had a thread to share ideas and connect.

brg240

I hate people so much. they make me want to cry. Ugh I'm reading some things that are making me angry. I know we're supposed to love our enemies but some people are so evil.

And I know we all have fallen short of the glory of God and even Paul was a murder and was redeemed but ugh.

LifeafterLHCF

I don't know if I'm just too impatient or not good enough-ie not saved enough etc, in order to know what God's will is suppose to be for my life. I don't want to do anything crazy but I am tired of my little life. It's very boring with no excitement. I like helping folks but it's very basic to me. I have plans and desires and at times wonder if I will forever be a fat hamster running in a cage. I know I have reached that point where I'm just uber happy where I am because it's not where I should be. Right now my life is very up in the air. My job is temp to end in Dec. I am doing all I can to secure more income because I don't want to be homeless. My lease ends in Nov. I wish I had a way of living with someone but that isn't in the cards. I will go and pray later but I really wish this would come to pass sooner than later. I don't want to go aimlessly in life. I wish I could be at my church and just lay on the alter. I feel cold.

auparavant

Life is very scary, especially when G-d pushes you out there outside your comfort zone. Oy vey is it scary! But perservere. In tradition, long before christianity, there is a saying that G-d does not let any of us rest from being tested. We're always on the clock. We always are. As you get rid of one problem, here comes another. Don't give up and use it as an opportunity to excel with His grace. If you fall, get back up and try again. Never feel worthless. None of us are.

LoveisYou

We need to believe God's Word more than we believe our feelings. Feelings are fickle and ever changing God word is unchangeable, it's truth. Feelings can lead us astray. We have to live deeper than our emotions.

LoveisYou

Thank God for the lesson: from self-confidence to God-confidence. I needed to learn that that attitude of self-sufficiency was mere pride.

Apart from Him, I can do nothing.

Last edited:

sidney

We need to believe God's Word more than we believe our feelings. Feelings are fickle and ever changing God word is unchangeable, it's truth. Feelings can lead us astray. We have to live deeper than our emotions.

Yes!!! I am learning that the bible has instructions[truth] about almost everything. I'm learning to pattern my life after it.

bellatiamarie

Jesus said "I am the bread of life"... I gotta remember that I shouldn't be trying to eat everybody else's bread... Only His bread will ever be enough to sustain me.

kila82

loolalooh said:
kila82:

Been thinking about you and was wondering what happened but didn't want to pry.

Glad to see you back. :)

Hey girl :) just did my usual falling off the path routine. Now trying to clean up the mess and get refocused on God smh...I hope I get tired of doing that soon cause its really getting old.

LifeafterLHCF

Nothing we want just falls in our laps. I know some have these God did it stories and that is so cool but for most that isn't how life is. I don't get that coincidence type of stuff. However I am finally in-tuned with what I'm here for and why. One has to take the first step after prayer. Prayer without action is dead. In the same breathe we must include God ie James 4:13-17. We are like mist that is here for but a second. I must include God in all I do but in the same breathe I must take a step and another to get there.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Husbands Love your Wives because...

Wives Rule... :look: :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

GoddessMaker said:
I don't know if I'm just too impatient or not good enough-ie not saved enough etc, in order to know what God's will is suppose to be for my life. I don't want to do anything crazy but I am tired of my little life. It's very boring with no excitement. I like helping folks but it's very basic to me. I have plans and desires and at times wonder if I will forever be a fat hamster running in a cage. I know I have reached that point where I'm just uber happy where I am because it's not where I should be. Right now my life is very up in the air. My job is temp to end in Dec. I am doing all I can to secure more income because I don't want to be homeless. My lease ends in Nov. I wish I had a way of living with someone but that isn't in the cards. I will go and pray later but I really wish this would come to pass sooner than later. I don't want to go aimlessly in life. I wish I could be at my church and just lay on the alter. I feel cold.

Make your bedroom floor an altar and cry out to Him, He'll meet you where you are....

LifeafterLHCF

Finally able to know nothing will fall in my lap so I have to make it happen. God is so great because he equipped us with a brain. I'm not stupid and I felt helpless when I should feel like a victor. No more whining about my life. Either I will go out and make this life happen or I will sit and let life just go by me and be this disgusting fat person with no spine no drive no spark who is just wishing and a hoping. I am better than that. I'm strong,intelligent and have faith of a mustard seed. I know that God is able I need to make the step.

sidney

Consistency is key. My consistency is my obedience to Christ. Seasons change. Purposes change. The important thing is to do what God tells you to do. You can not worry about who will judge or understand.

sidney

It is the Lord who tests the hearts of men, that's why my ambition is to please Him. He is the only one who can see the whole picture.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
This is my desire
To honor You
Lord with all my heart
I worship You
All I have within me
I give You praise
All that I adore is in You

Lord, I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone