Question from Renee...

G

I made a boo-boo. As I have stated before, I am not a huge supporter of hair color of any kind for any reason. I read Shamboosie's book though and saw Tracy's gorgeous pictures and have softened somewhat recently. I, myself, am 36 and have started to gray over the last 5 years. I am now about 20% gray. By itself, this would normally not bother me at all. I am having a baby though and noticed that when I signed in the sheet at the doctors office, all of the other ladies were born in the 80s. I was the only one out of at least a dozen that was born in the 60s and I refuse to give birth with all of this gray hair. After, gray is fine but for now I want it gone. So....

I went to Sallys and looked at all their products. I decided to try "Jazzing". It seemed gentle and harmless to me. I took it home and followed the instructions to a tee. I mean everything to the letter. When I was finished my hair was lustrous and shiny and the gray was still there but very nicely blended in and hardly noticeable at all. Then I noticed that the brown stuff was not washing off of my hands. <Stop laughing at me /images/graemlins/shocked.gif>

My husband is tickled pink about this. He said it is kind of like when McDonalds had to put "Caution Contents May Be Hot" on the coffee cups a few years ago. I was not amused at all.It has been 2 days and my neck and hands and nails are still pretty brown although it is fading quite a bit. Does anyone have a surefire method of getting this stuff off?

G

Try using the inside of a lemon peel. It should help fade it a little quicker.

Sweetcocoa

G

<font color="purple"> Hi Renee /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to see you had a good experience with the color - cept those hands (next time pick up a pair of the latex gloves int he color aisle to avoid this. Sometimes I wear two pair! Just to be safe!).....

There are products specifically designed to remove color from skin. Clairol and Sebastian both make one. They are usually billed as products designed to remove color from the HAIRLINE - but they work wonderfully on all types of skin - hairline, hands, neck....etc....

HTH!

~Tracy : /images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

G

Thanks for the tips. I am usually not so stupid. I was so focused on following the instructions and they didn't SAY to wear protective gloves... I have no idea how I thought it was going to change the color of my hair without changing the color of my hands (and neck, and face)! I look like a leper and it's been some days now. I was too busy to call in sick and boy do I get some looks. Hair looks great though!

G

<font color="blue">
Don't worry about being older than the other Moms at the doctor's office. I am 34 and many of my friends are just now getting married and starting a family. There is nothing wrong with this /images/graemlins/wink.gif. They worked on their educations, professions and establishing their finances while in their 20s.

Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby /images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Elyse </font color>

G

I would almost bet that finger nail polish remover would get that off your hands. It removes permanent marker so why not the temporary color (which jazzing is in that category)

BTW, I was born in the 70's and have no husband or children! I was kind of surprised to see all of those women having babies and they were only born in the 80's. They are very young--22 at the oldest...

Supergirl