2015 Use Up The Stash Challenge: Session 3

faithVA

I washed last night and used the mud puddle wash. I should be able to use this up soon. I used the Natural Oasis Softening balm as my conditioner. I think I will focus on this for the rest of April to use it up. I twisted with CR Aloe Whip. I think I'm going to focus on some samples and use them up. And this morning I used a little hazelnut oil.

Shooting to use up the mud puddle by the end of April.

CodeRed

One more week ladies! Who's using stuff up?

I am!

I'm going to get a relaxer May 2nd and my last product use will be on April 29th. I used up 1 VO5 today. I have another one that's open that I'm going to use up for co-wash-cleansing this month and I'm going to use up the rest of that Nature's Gate Fresh Apples conditioner (which wasn't even in my stash lol) for both deep treatments and to help wash them out. That'll enable me to start the next challenge with all unopened items.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm finding it so hard to focus on specific items! I think I have product ADD.

I'm all over the place. Some of the problem has to do with scents. I have different scents of everything so I try to pair things up so they won't clash or be overpowering. If I use a heavily scented DC I need to use a light scented leave in or oil. If I use a light scented (non lingering) DC I can use my more heavy scented leave in.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Working on my pj goals. Some categories I'm unsure of so I'll set my limit at 5. That might seem kinda high but trust me it's less than what I have now.

Shampoos
-1 sulfate
-1 no sulfate

Instant conditioners- 2

Deep Conditioners- no more than 5

Protein Conditioners- 2

Leave In's- no more than 5

Stylers- 10 possibly ( I have different stylers for natural hair and roller set hair)

Butters- maybe 1 (don't use them much)

Oils- no more than 5

Heat Protectants- 2

Moisturizers- 2

xu93texas

One more week ladies! Who's using stuff up?

My daughter and I used up a few products in March and April. :biggrin::
SheScentit Tahitian Leave in conditioner
AO GPB conditioner
Claudie's Balancing Daily conditioner
LG Green Magic cream
Shescentit Curl Moist conditioner
Jakeala Amla Shea Parfait
Shescentit Cranberry Cream Hair cocktail

I have one more item on deck to use up by May 14 before getting crochet braids.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Just got back from Walgreens where I took advantage of the Shea Moisture BOGO. I don't feel an ounce of guilt about it either.

I probably won't finish anything else up this session so I'll be doing a final count and inventory some time in the coming week.

faithVA

I washed with mud puddle last night. I'm on my final use. Not going to wash before the end of the challenge but it will be gone soon after the start of the next. I also used my jar of MHC type 4 hair creme. Since I have a very large jar of it, I going to shoot for using it up in May. I need to start using the Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade on my ends and edges.

randi415

I plan on buying nothing but staples next session. The only products I might need is KCKT, Trader Joes TTT, and if I see any SM purification masque in stores I'm picking those up for sure.

I have a feeling the SMPM will return to store shelves.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Last night we finished up one of DD's Nubian Heritage EVOO and Moringa butters. Two more left of this product that I haven't been able to find in stores in a while.

I think I'm throwing out the last of my amla oil. I can't deal with the scent anymore. I hate that bottle every time I look at it.

ImanAdero

Washing my hair tomorrow... I know I won't finish anything else before the first session is over, but again, pretty proud of myself this session !

Products I'm still working on:
Any of my stylers
Bobeam Shampoo bar
Banana Brulee deep conditioner
APB ultimate conditioner

Will be easy to use my Conditioners next session since it will be warm enough to cowash more often.

Will post my final end of session 1 product that list.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I love the warmer weather cuz I can use up more stuff. I wear my hair curly and that takes more products and I wash more frequent.

Does anyone else get their stash down and then freak out thinking they don't have enough stuff and then relapse and go crazy? *raises hand* I've done it but I can not do it again.

ImanAdero

I love the warmer weather cuz I can use up more stuff. I wear my hair curly and that takes more products and I wash more frequent.

Does anyone else get their stash down and then freak out thinking they don't have enough stuff and then relapse and go crazy? *raises hand* I've done it but I can not do it again.

All the way me lol. I want to but a new shampoo, because I have 2 left... but I know it will take forever To use that bar lol. I do think even know why I'm tempted.

Also might try out the SSI Okra conditioner, and about to read up on Briogeo... now that I know that company is black owned I want to buy it ::cries::

Dayjoy

Old School Member

Umm...I've never gotten my stash down. I'm getting close though and feeling no anxiety. The store is right around the corner. :yep:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn

I actually complete got to the end of my stash once. I mean, I used every single product up that I had on hand, including sample sizes. And to reward myself for doing so good..........I went and spent $500+ on hair products over a couple of weeks. :badidea::bricks: I'm still working on some of that stuff now.

I think I just need to do what I did then and suck it up when I get tempted. Or take the money I would've spent out of my account and stash it in savings.

krissyhair

If I never bought anything new in this challenge, and only stuck to what I had before, I would be down to 8 products. If I bought just the essentials from a category I used up, that would have only been 10 products in the stash to replace the shampoo and gel. But I'm not totally dissatisfied with how much I got through. All of my hair products did, and continue to fit into one small drawer.