2015 WIG CHALLENGE

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
425201521162.jpg I've been wanting to do some gray hair for a while. I bought some aliexpress hair already colored gray bc I didn't want to mess it up or it not turn the color I wanted. Made a unit with it. Just threw some big curls in it and will wear it tomorrow. Excuse the no makeup face.

Attachments

• 4252015211623.jpg
    4252015211623.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 56

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Any mesh wig cap recommendations? I will "attempt" to sew on some tracks to make a wig.

I watched some YT vids and one lady turned her mesh cap inside out. She didn't state why within her video. I left a question asking why in the comments but of course she didn't respond.

GGsKin

Any mesh wig cap recommendations? I will "attempt" to sew on some tracks to make a wig.

I watched some YT vids and one lady turned her mesh cap inside out. She didn't state why within her video. I left a question asking why in the comments but of course she didn't respond.

If its how I think you mean, some people do this to stitch a track around the inner edge of the wig.

GGsKin

I can't think of any like that that I've seen. How did it look when it's finished? You've got me curious now. What the name of the YouTuber?

divachyk

I'm open to whatever. Most seem to use mesh online so I was thinking mesh. @SuchaLady

I think this one is it @abysblvd
Wig Making Step by Step (TIPS VISUALLY DEMONSTRAT…:

GGsKin

I haven't even watched the end and I remembered that I've seen this video! Lol. Near the start she says used the cap inside out, by accident.

GGsKin

@divachyk please let me know how your wigmaking goes.

I tried to stitch on one of these mesh caps and it was a total and epic fail:confused: lol. I used too much hair, the cap lost its elasticity because of how I sewed it down, and lastly, I cut my wig on someone else so it ended up not suiting me:spinning:.

divachyk

@AbsyBlvd I sure hope it works because I have a vendor wanting me to conduct a review on this hair. If I fail, I may have to call in some of my weave expert friends to help me out.

@SuchaLady is it not difficult to sew on to a dome cap?

cherishlove

When working out I take my wig off and put on a cap. My hair is cornrowed in a beehive. Wearing a wig while working out is torture for me.

SuchaLady

@divachyk I try my cap on, color in my leave out, pin to my mannequin and sew. It can take a long time and I've considered hot glue (another method on YT) but once it's on there it's on there so I always stick to what I know. I use Revlon Color Silk. No real reason why :giggle: