Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

LushLox

Exactly 1 week post, I got tired of waiting for my sister to relax my hair and just went ahead and did it myself. My crown got relaxed but the back not so straight. It looks as if my hair didn't grow at all because the ends kept breaking. This year I plan to be more serious about my hair and to keep practicing self-relaxing. Doing it has boosted my confidence in a major way.

Yeah it's nice to be completely independent and knowing that you don't need to rely on others.

lalla

I am at week 13. The combination of xcel 21, Scurl and Shea butter is keeping my hair moisturized and tangle free. I need to do an aphogee treatment next week so I will probably self relax and trim on week 15.
I have read a lot about OLAPLEX BOND SHAPER but apparently the product is not available yet.
I will add some Olaplex n1 to my relaxer.

Evolving78

I am at week 13. The combination of xcel 21, Scurl and Shea butter is keeping my hair moisturized and tangle free. I need to do an aphogee treatment next week so I will probably self relax and trim on week 15.
I have read a lot about OLAPLEX BOND SHAPER but apparently the product is not available yet.
I will add some Olaplex n1 to my relaxer.
I wish I could get a hold of that stuff. There are no stylists around that have, or use the product in their salons around here.

Sosoothing

5 days post relaxer.
I deliberately texlax my hair so I have a lot of texture left.
I will wait at least 8 weeks before my next relaxer. If Im not wearing braids, I won't go more than 12 weeks.

MzSwift

So I'm getting ready to do my corrective next week and decided to look up YT vids on pre-relaxer regimens. I found these two lovely ladies and wanted to share:

ETA, I watch YT vids on mute so I have no idea what these ladies sound like or what music they're playing. I apologize in advance. Lol

Last edited:

LushLox

That's exactly where I'm having breakage myself. I still don't feel like texlaxing yet though so I will be PSing more in the next few weeks. I want to hold out now until 20 weeks instead of 14 now.

That's a nice stretch, I thought that you didn't like stretching for that long though?

Aggie

That's a nice stretch, I thought that you didn't like stretching for that long though?
I've stretched as long as 6 months but now that I have some breakage from my demi permanent color, I need to give my hair a break from all chemicals for now. I need to strengthen it back to handle the relaxer.

LushLox

I've stretched as long as 6 months but now that I have some breakage from my demi permanent color, I need to give my hair a break from all chemicals for now. I need to strengthen it back to handle the relaxer.

Hmm I’ve considered that demi colour process but I rarely hear a good word about it! Hope you resolve the problem swiftly:yep:

Evolving78

Hmm I’ve considered that demi colour process but I rarely hear a good word about it! Hope you resolve the problem swiftly:yep:
You need a developer for it to open the cuticle, for the color to deposit. You have to treat your hair like you used a permanent color. So add the relaxer, and that makes you double processed.

Evolving78

Do you ladies detangle before you wash your hair during a stretch, and if so what is your process, and how long does it take?
I’m detangling my hair now, and yeah, it’s been over an hour and I’m not done...smh. I parted my hair in 4 sections, then I am creating smaller sections to detangle... I also decided to collect hair from each section to see how much hair I’m losing.
I don’t comb my hair until wash day, but I finger detangle daily to remove shed/broken hairs.

sunnieb

4 weeks post. All is going ok. Still babying my hair trying to prevent further damage.

@shortdub78 I lightly detangle nightly as I'm moisturizing and sealing. I don't comb my hair at all during the day.

Before washing, I don't really do a big detangling. I do take time to separate my hair to make sure my ends aren't knotted together - usually after 10 weeks post or so.

MzSwift

I'll be 6 weeks post on Tuesday but I'll be doing my corrective tomorrow morning. Getting ready to pre-part, do my initial scalp base and put protective layers on my already relaxed hair.

LushLox

I don’t know what I wanna do. I wanna cry. I don’t like how I look right now and it’s that time of the month..

Maybe get your monthly out of the way and see how you feel next week. You need to be totally focused when doing that relaxer as you know and if you're not feeling it then you potentially wind up with more problems.

Evolving78

Maybe get your monthly out of the way and see how you feel next week. You need to be totally focused when doing that relaxer as you know and if you're not feeling it then you potentially wind up with more problems.
Yeah I will just get my supplies. Now that I’m getting older, my hormones and cycle are changing. I gotta focus on school this weekend, so the scarf will stay on.