Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

FadingDelilah

4am.
As I lay in my bed I heard a ticking. Halfway jumped out of my skin I still heard the ticking. I thought "there are three clocks in my room and none of them 'tick'." I rolled over to my right side and heard a voice. Wether it was my own voice or....I don't know.

The voice said "that ticking is your heart. Everyone has an expiration date. Every tick that ticks is one less tick left, just like a clock." The voice/thought was in A MATTER OF FACT tone. Matter of fact: I will die. Matter of fact I have a choice how I will die. I have two choices, die now or die later.

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

If I wake, Will I take up my cross and die? When will I die...I have the choice.

I see you're in here cutting up today.

FadingDelilah

I got some rollers and some blue magic. Want to start preventing tangles. I realized blue magic contains cinnamyl alcohol, which is the blood stimulating compound found in cinnamon oil. Perhaps thats why using it regularly made little girls hair grow?? Also got a tangle teezer and it doesn't rip out any strands. I like it!

FadingDelilah

I tried vaseline on my hair today on top of water today and my hair feels amazing. :badgirl: I'm not going to stop using it neither. My hair loves basics. Vo5,tresemme, vaseline, and aloe vera works too. No protein treatments, deep conditioners, etc work for me in any other way than disaster. I'm happy with my products but need to figure out how I can get wear my twa without tangles without using heat. I have all types of rollers but I fail sooo bad trying to use them. Sigh...

Cattypus1

All loced up...
PAINTINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE

View attachment 428037
So beautiful. I want them in my house.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I tried vaseline on my hair today on top of water today and my hair feels amazing. :badgirl: I'm not going to stop using it neither. My hair loves basics. Vo5,tresemme, vaseline, and aloe vera works too. No protein treatments, deep conditioners, etc work for me in any other way than disaster. I'm happy with my products but need to figure out how I can get wear my twa without tangles without using heat. I have all types of rollers but I fail sooo bad trying to use them. Sigh...
:)I burst out laughing! VASELINE! My favorite petroleum is Blue Magic. Ooh yes! Lock in that moisture.

sunnieb

Listen.....All my mom used on my natural hair was grease, a bowl of water, and a Goody brush. My hair was thick and healthy. There's something about grease/vaseline and our hair.

FadingDelilah

Listen.....All my mom used on my natural hair was grease, a bowl of water, and a Goody brush. My hair was thick and healthy. There's something about grease/vaseline and our hair.

The slaves used either ghee or grease on their hair I believe. Alot of them had such long hair we think they're native american, LOL! I'm starting to believe a thick sealant + water = healthy afro hair. Plus a style that minimizes breakage from tangles and wa-la!

Bad&Bougee

I felt like that until...
I've been having more energy since taking the Eve Vitamins. I came home from work and cooked my butt off. Hush puppies, BBq, cabbage, potato salad....

I woke up and jump out of bed this morning and danced to the coffee machine. These vitamins LOL. My 6th day on them.

@I Am So Blessed, the next time you post about what you cooked be ready to send me a plate! I wasn't even hungry until I read this. So glad the Eve Vitamins have been good for you.

pikkonoloidlee

Having purple hair again has made me really anxious about my hair breaking off. Years ago when I bleached my hair for the first time it was great. It seemed like it accepted moisture so much better than it normally does but suddenly when I put the color over it, it got really brittle and dry and broke off. This is the first time I've tried coloring my hair again since then and even though my hair feels moisturized and strong I always feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop now. Maybe if I'm able to retain length throughout this year I'll finally be able to relax and enjoy this color again.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Detangling was REAL today. It's only getting realer as my hair grows. This was one of the realest sessions by far so much so that I had to stand up and detangle lol! I even talked to myself/to my hair like "why you acting like this today?"

Tonight is wash night but I really want to sit right here with my feet on the couch with this bag of ginger snap cookies and watch "Glitter". Sip my wine (kool-Aid) and rewind all the parts of the movie where Mariah Carey kilt it on the solos.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Dont rush me out the door!When you see me detangling....

I can't please you (and be on time) and please my hair at the same time.

We just gone have to be late....

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I got some rollers and some blue magic. Want to start preventing tangles. I realized blue magic contains cinnamyl alcohol, which is the blood stimulating compound found in cinnamon oil. Perhaps thats why using it regularly made little girls hair grow?? Also got a tangle teezer and it doesn't rip out any strands. I like it!
*Raises hands* Shoulder bop....

B-b-b uuuooooo Maaagic. *musical note here.*

I hope you like it. It's inexpensive and it works.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
*Thong Song rhythm* violins and all.....Hair ..hair..hair.. hurr...Hair.

Single strands knots Oh! Waist Length 4B hur GIRL! Oh it's so real-l-l-l.l! DETANGLING is real. You think you can play with these knots? No.

Last edited:

FadingDelilah

I was successful at banding my hair! I'm so happy because I'm very bad at doing anything to my head. My hair came out 70% stretched like a bad blow out this time. I was able to refine my technique as I went and learned many new things for next time. I hope one day I can get it 90-100% stretched instead of 70%. Besides that I need to figure out my detangling routine for my hair.