2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

JoyBelle

I did a braid out after an overnight DC with Nexxus humectress. It's not completely dry, but I'm wearing it out anyway. I'm going to rebraid before i drag myself to the gym tonight.

Attachments

• image-1430669573.jpg
    image-1430669573.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 31

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've had this coconut oil prepoo in my hair since noon. After we eat dinner I will shampoo it out and do a quick length check. I trimmed my hair last week. I want to see if it grew back :look:

faithVA

I keep going back and forth on whether I am going to dust my ends at the end of March or wait until the end of this challenge. When I did my curlformer set they were screaming dust me. But when I did my perm rod set last night they seemed OK. I will probably dust next month just to be on the safe side. I would rather dust 1/4 to 1/2 and not get to 2" in April versus reaching 2" but then having to dust 1" or more :nono:

JoyBelle

I keep going back and forth on whether I am going to dust my ends at the end of March or wait until the end of this challenge. When I did my curlformer set they were screaming dust me. But when I did my perm rod set last night they seemed OK. I will probably dust next month just to be on the safe side. I would rather dust 1/4 to 1/2 and not get to 2" in April versus reaching 2" but then having to dust 1" or more :nono:

I saw your perm rod set in another thread and it was fab! Are you seeing a lot of ssks/splits or is it more the feel of the ends?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have been really diligent about sticking with once a week washing. Sunday works well for me. Ive been in pinned back 2 strand twists all week. I added a faux bun with braiding hair so I didn't have a struggle bun. When I get hm ive been moisturizing my ends with scurl and sealing with oyin pomade.

faithVA

I saw your perm rod set in another thread and it was fab! Are you seeing a lot of ssks/splits or is it more the feel of the ends?

Thank you JoyBelle. I am happy with it and it's still holding strong at the end of the day.

It is more the look and feel of the ends. I haven't had decent ends in so long I really don't know what they are supposed to look like. But I do have some areas where they feel rough. I know I need a dusting. Just not sure how urgent it is. I do search and destroys weekly so my SSKs/splits are probably at the lowest level they have been at in over a year.

nisemac

hair arrived...will have clips soon. will spend part of the weekend making my own clip ins. however, i did splurge and buy a set of www.bigchop.com clip ins its the most i've ever spent on hair but its the best match i've ever seen for my hair. everythign else i have to make work with gels or braiding etc. what i selected is a much better match.

looking forward to it.

Evolving78

I don't know if I will get 2 inches by April, but maybe buy the end of April. I have gained an inch plus so far. I have been dusting a lot. My crown area has gained an inch.

nisemac

faithVA so, you were right. found my protective style, not in a wig, but clip ins.

i did a row of vertical cornrows starting about 1/12 above the nape. for the following rows, i did individual braids to anchor the clips and tucked them under the proceding row's weft. my front and sides are the leave out is very minimal. it matches my natural texture perfectly. i used a little water, Cantu leave in, and eco styler gel. my first attempt took over an hour. this time it took me 15 minutes. I can take them out every night or leave them in if i want.

this will be good for when I get there.

faithVA

I don't know if I will get 2 inches by April, but maybe buy the end of April. I have gained an inch plus so far. I have been dusting a lot. My crown area has gained an inch.

We aren't measuring until the end of April so you're good.

faithVA

I've been doing perm rods in the front. I can clearly tell that I need a dusting, so I'm going to dust during the Spring Equinox (March 17 - 19). I would love to wait until the end of the challenge but I think it would do more harm to my hair to wait.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm currently prepooing with KeraVada brahmi oil and BASK apple and sorghum hair syrup. Will cowash wirh tresemme flawless curls con and use cantu leave in and shea moisture strengthen leave in and flattwist it back up. I did a light dust last night.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I measured my roots today and I have gained an inch since the start of this challenge. I just might make 2 inches in 4 months. This is so exciting :grin:

faithVA

I measured my roots today and I have gained an inch since the start of this challenge. I just might make 2 inches in 4 months. This is so exciting :grin:

:yay: You have been working hard at it and being consistent. You deserve some good results.

JoyBelle

Hey ladies!

I blow dried my hair late last week for a flat iron that never happened... I am going to flat iron my hair at the end of the month, so I didn't feel bad about not going through with it last week.

I am still moisturizing and sealing and am really liking the way my hair feels. I picked up some sesa oil from the Indian grocer last week as well. I forgot how much I like that oil... I think I like it better than Vatika.

JoyBelle

I rollerset/ air dried for about 6 hours before sitting under the dryer for about 30 minutes last night. This worked well for me because I tend to over dry my hair when I strictly use the dryer; however, I got restless at the end with the weight on my head. I used a mix of large and medium rollers. Next time, I am going to use more rollers in an attempt to straighten my roots. I slept in Bantu knots.

Attachments

• image-1525677657.jpg
    image-1525677657.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image-1952044675.jpg
    image-1952044675.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 33

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp with my growth mix (aloe juice and mn) and Kerastase Initialiste. My scalp feels tingly and cool. I plan to shampoo my hair again on Monday. Every 5-6 days seems to be working well for me.

jprayze

Just thought I would share ladies...Spring Equinox is coming!

Best Days for Beneficial Haircutting in 2015

March 18-19 — Spring Equinox — are the best dates to cut for spring and the ultimate date for lengthening
June 17-18 — Summer Solstice — are the best dates to cut for summer.
September 21-22-23 — Fall Equinox — are the best dates to cut for fall.
December 21-22 — Winter Solstice — are the best dates to cut for winter.

MzOptimistic

Hiiiii all,

I need to purchase a shirt to track my growth because I really believe I got about 3 inches in 4 months taking MSM Powder. I definitely know that taking MSM allowed me to go past my usually 3 month stretch. I went an additional month and the growth was amazing. I will try to track the growth this time. I just relaxed yesterday....HHJ

faithVA

[USER=406999 said:
Prettymetty[/USER];21229583]jprayze I will trim again during the Summer Solstice. My last trim was on a lengthening day in February.

Did you notice any growth difference from your last trim?

I trimmed on Tuesday and took pictures, so I will track whether I see any unusual growth over the next 3 months.

greenandchic

A couple of week ago I dusted my ends (~1/4") - something I haven't done in a while.

Last night I moisturized my hair with Shea Moisture Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave-in and sealed with coconut oil with a little rosemary EO blended in.

Coconut oil seems to be my sealing and scalp massaging oil these days. Its the only oil that leaves my hair still still movable and non greasy. My hair wasn't crazy about it when I was natural...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Did you notice any growth difference from your last trim?

I trimmed on Tuesday and took pictures, so I will track whether I see any unusual growth over the next 3 months.

I haven't done a length check since then, but I will be doing one at the end of the month. I'm hoping for a growth spurt.

bluenvy

I trimmed for spring equinox two days ago. I was careful not to cut to much off. Every time I trim theirs a voice inside that tells me to cut more:ohwell:

gvin89

I went to salon for a blow out and trim which unfortunately was a bad decision. The stylist had major difficulty and ended up 1) cutting close to 3 inches of healthy hair and 2) doing too many passed with the flat iron for the curl not to hold at all.

I'm trying to get my mind together for the damage that lies ahead when I wash it.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I went to salon for a blow out and trim which unfortunately was a bad decision. The stylist had major difficulty and ended up 1) cutting close to 3 inches of healthy hair and 2) doing too many passed with the flat iron for the curl not to hold at all. I'm trying to get my mind together for the damage that lies ahead when I wash it.

I JUST had a nightmare about my stylist being scissor happy and cutting all of my Manetabolism growth off. I'm sorry that that happened to you. I hope you find a new stylist :-(

Evolving78

I went to salon for a blow out and trim which unfortunately was a bad decision. The stylist had major difficulty and ended up 1) cutting close to 3 inches of healthy hair and 2) doing too many passed with the flat iron for the curl not to hold at all. I'm trying to get my mind together for the damage that lies ahead when I wash it.
I hope it's ok. Just dc and do a light protein treatment. I had that happened to me. Everybody that claims they can straighten hair, can't.

Evolving78

I just did a light trim. I may have close to two inches in my trouble spot! Hopefully by the end of this coming month, I will be there! My crown is going to be completely natural... Don't know how I'm going to manage that! I'm transitioning.