Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lilmama1011

Just rinsed the henna out after 4hours. About to deep condition for 20 minutes and maybe do eight wrap and go rollers and I'm done and seperate it tomorrow

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

My ends are a mess! I blew my hair out yesterday and thought I could tackle them but can't. It's weird because I NEVER heat style. I think it's just normal wear and tear. While I appreciate having a lot of hair, I just can't get to them. Plus my hair is a little uneven from my cut a few months ago. I'm tired of being a kitchen beautician. I have made an appointment to go to a salon and get this thing in check so it can grow out nicely while I wear braids.

Kaitlynrs91

Switching up my hair regimen. I think I'll start washing every 2 weeks so I can try to get my way routine down to an 1.5 hours. I also have a salon appointment at the end of the month to get flat ironed and trimmed.. It's long over due to get some of this breakage and heat damage under control

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Whew what a difference a year makes. From transitioning hair(looking like a HAM) to a full head of natural hair. Now if only I could keep my hands out of it now.:nono:
I can't keep my hands out of mine either. After almost 20 yrs of wearing a barbered cut, last April I decided to let it grow. I started out w/no discernible curl definition. Now I love to feel the coils and wavy patterns dispersed throughout my hair!

CodeRed

Anyone tried the new ORS Shealicious conditioners yet? I saw them at a CVS

I kinda like the yogurt type packaging. Conditioner on one side, oil on the other lol

I'm not tryna be the first to test them though :look:

Ok so now I don't like you because I'm not supposed to buy anything but I can't find this line at my CVS and I'm sad and relieved all at the same time :lol:

Lilmama1011

Saturday I was irritated because I had a client and my instructor was explaining what to do. I said ok and she explained twice more and I felt like they didn't understand that I did in fact get it . Where I'm from,we are a lot quicker on the feet and mind and I feel like the people here are much slower. So when you keep explaining my voice gets more and more monotonous because your boring me "B, I get it it, shut up and move on". The instructions she gave me was simple! I guess they didn't get that from my tone. So the girl next to me says "let me know when you need my help". I said ok and just started and she was looking at me like ok when is she going to tag me in. First off her client was coming in a matter of minutes focus on you and quit trying to take over. Thankfully her client came literally two minutes later. I had to mentor a new girl on the floor and she followed directions well and we did exactly what the client wanted and curled it beautifully. She gave us a $20 tip which I split with my mentee. But one thing I don't like is when it starts off wrong, it just messes up my mood. In the middle of it we started to talking more and I went back to my old self. I'm usually talkative and lively but he messed me up.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

Saturday I was irritated because I had a client and my instructor was explaining what to do. I said ok and she explained twice more and I felt like they didn't understand that I did in fact get it . Where I'm from,we are a lot quicker on the feet and mind and I feel like the people here are much slower. So when you keep explaining my voice gets more and more monotonous because your boring me "B, I get it it, shut up and move on". The instructions she gave me was simple! I guess they didn't get that from my tone. So the girl next to me says "let me know when you need my help". I said ok and just started and she was looking at me like ok when is she going to tag me in. First off her client was coming in a matter of minutes focus on you and quit trying to take over. Thankfully her client came literally two minutes later. I had to mentor a new girl on the floor and she followed directions well and we did exactly what the client wanted and curled it beautifully. She gave us a $20 tip which I split with my mentee. But one thing I don't like is when it starts off wrong, it just messes up my mood. In the middle of it we started to talking more and I went back to my old self. I'm usually talkative and lively but he messed me up.

I felt like she was trying to show me off. Since I have been at the school I have not messes up and the clients left happy and got plenty of compliments walking out the door. I know that this is a school and I will mess up on something eventually. But if I don't get something, I have no problem asking for help. That's what the instructors get paid for. The don't understand that if I don't get something, you can clearly read the panic on my face and I will say " show me first" . I'm not going to do someone's hair blinded and confused.

naija24

can't wait for april. i'm gonna see if i can get a press on my hair. I'm so over one style. I miss straight hair.

everyone says that it can't be done at this length but i've seen enough examples online to know that's just not true.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I got a blowdry and flat iron at my beauty school. I Cut my hair and wanted it to be a little shorter so she cleaned up my ends. My hair is so flat and im worried i got heat damage.

I just bought some weave hair and will try weaving it for the end of the year

Evolving78

The second video is more waht I'm looking for, although I wish she did something else with her hair. It's clearly too long for a pixie and too short for anything else. Pomade those locks or something!!
you can curl it and style it how you want. Just look at some short hair styles.

CluelessJL

CluelessJL what does it smell like. Too nutty?

Lilmama1011 That must be what it is, although it's also not what I'd have thought 'too nutty' would smell like, if that makes any sense...? It's certainly powerful - I've put a few mls of essential oil in the 250ml bottle of walnut oil and it barely made a difference! The only thing I would say though is that I put some on my hair last night and couldn't smell it this morning, so perhaps I just need a peg on my nose when I apply it! :lol:

naija24

this is why i went natural.

my hair has grown more in 12 weeks than it has ever grown when I was relaxing. how is it possible that i have more new growth now than when I was stretching my relaxers? I'd get maybe have this amount of new growth, then relax, and my hair wouldn't grow at all. i don't understand.

Harina

Anyone tried the new ORS Shealicious conditioners yet? I saw them at a CVS

I kinda like the yogurt type packaging. Conditioner on one side, oil on the other lol

I'm not tryna be the first to test them though :look:

OMG those packages are so cute.

lux10023

protein changed the game for my hair..what the heck was i doing without protein usage before...my hair is so strong and healthy and lush...:yep:

GGsKin

It's been great wearing my hair out these past two weeks, it's helping me to find a balance with this hair regimen they call MHM. I bought a protein conditioner today after reading one thread- Mill Creek Jojoba botanical conditioner. Looking forward to trying it out. How sad:look:

GettingKinky

I just got my color touched up. I know she needs to shampoo thoroughly to get the chemicals out, but she gets my hair sooo tangled. She combs it gently with a wide tooth comb, but a ton of hair still comes out. I'm so glad I only do this every 8 weeks.

One day I may switch to henna so I can do 100% of my hair care, but color is so messy I prefer someone else to do it for me.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to put a rinse on my hair sometime this month. It'll either be Beyond the Zone Raspberry Kamikaze or Adore Purple Rage. I just need to get some neutral protein filler

sweetpea7

Can't stop playing with curls that are now somewhat defined thanks to MHM.

Can't wait I clay wash in the morning so my curls can pop a little more