Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

hot_pepper96

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I just counted the weeks and I am 5 months post relaxer! My mom was in the hospital for almost a month early this year and hair care has been at the bottom of my to do list. I'm her primary care-giver and it is exhausting. Planning to wash today but I have so much matting at the roots. Pre-detangling is going to be a nightmare so I plan to try applying a slippy condiioner to my hair in sections prior to washing to detangle. Any tips you guys have would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Nayeli

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

1 week post. Planning to relax around the 4th of July holiday, putting me at about 15 weeks.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I just counted the weeks and I am 5 months post relaxer! My mom was in the hospital for almost a month early this year and hair care has been at the bottom of my to do list. I'm her primary care-giver and it is exhausting. Planning to wash today but I have so much matting at the roots. Pre-detangling is going to be a nightmare so I plan to try applying a slippy condiioner to my hair in sections prior to washing to detangle. Any tips you guys have would be much appreciated.
hot_pepper96 hope your mother is doing better. Using a slippy conditioner is good, you can also add some oil as well just so that it will aid in softening the hair. I'm about 6 months post and my hair is tangle prone at the roots so I understand the struggle.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

hot_pepper96 Praying all is well with mom.

I may be too late but using a good detangler like Cantu Kids Detangler is helpful. Try to finger detangle the matts first. If you can't get your hands on Cantu, Mane n Tail works good too but think Cantu works better. Letting your hair soak in some good conditioner & oil will help even more.

Let us know how your wash day goes.

Beamodel

15 weeks post

This is the longest I've ever gone without a relaxer. Still waiting for my komaza results, I will relax once I have a better understanding of my hair.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
flyygirlll2 What do you do to tame your new growth? Mines is so dry. It's hard keeping it moisturized.

Beamodel I alternate these days with different things. I will either use BBD Stretch Growth Cream, AVJ/water mixed with some oils, HH Refresher Coarse, or Quemet Biologics AOHC. The QB is heavier but I do find it to be pretty moisturizing.

Beamodel

Beamodel I alternate these days with different things. I will either use BBD Stretch Growth Cream, AVJ/water mixed with some oils, HH Refresher Coarse, or Quemet Biologics AOHC. The QB is heavier but I do find it to be pretty moisturizing.

flyygirlll2

Thank you. I've never heard of BBD Stretch growth cream. I will look into it. AVJ dries my hair out so I can use that :-(

QBAOHC I still have some of that in my stash but it was greasy feeling on my hair.

Arrggg, it's hard out here for a pimp when you trying to get this new growth moist lol.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
flyygirlll2 Thank you. I've never heard of BBD Stretch growth cream. I will look into it. AVJ dries my hair out so I can use that :-( QBAOHC I still have some of that in my stash but it was greasy feeling on my hair. Arrggg, it's hard out here for a pimp when you trying to get this new growth moist lol.

Beamodel I got the BBD Stretch Growth Cream on eBay... honestly though it's expensive but so far I like it, I've been using it as a leave in for my roller sets as well. I understand how you feel, my new growth is tightly coiled and craves a lot of moisture.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Beamodel I got the BBD Stretch Growth Cream on eBay... honestly though it's expensive but so far I like it, I've been using it as a leave in for my roller sets as well. I understand how you feel, my new growth is tightly coiled and craves a lot of moisture.
Does it help your ng flyygirlll2? I'm on a hunt for all things softening my ng at the moment. ETA: IDareT'sHair hooked me up with info about this product.

Last edited:
S

Sandy10

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 16 weeks

When is your next touch up? Going natural, will use steaming to soften
new growth. Will post pics next month
:spinning::spinning:

CluelessJL

Think I'm going to relax in a couple of weeks at 15 weeks post. Was considering stretching a bit longer this time but I've got a friend's hen party and wedding coming up (first time as a bridesmaid!) and I'm not confident yet that I can style my new growth neatly enough for a special occasion. Still a few weeks longer than I have been stretching though, so I'm reasonably happy with that.

Evolving78

I'm 10 weeks. I am going to get the kera minerals or Aveda to try soon. Heat stretching is the only way I can keep this new growth from coiling up on me! This is why I don't stretch! The two textures don't mesh well at all! I haven't seen someone on YouTube yet that has my same texture.

Evolving78

And CHEAP which I lOVE too. @shortdub78 @gemruby41 :p
What do you use? The conditioner? I'm looking into the keratin treatment. I love conditioners, but I'm sick of buying them... I wish I could do more with my hair... I want to roller set, but this crown is killing me! It's too short and pretty much natural. I can't hide it. It would be nice to get a flexi rod set, but for what?

Evolving78

Ok I'm in Sally's getting this kera minerals conditioner... Lol I also got the naturally silk elements shampoo cream and conditioning kit