Natural hair and pressing (satin creme press)

Irresistible

im freakin ya'll

someone please tell me if this looks like the jars of grease?
http://store.yahoo.com/ebonyline51/21814.html

cause if it is i just ordered 6 of them, im hoping its like a the lotion or a creame...but if its the grease, i guess i will be tryin the grease then lol....if the lotion works that well...the grease must work somewhat as well ,right??

fancypants007

Irresistible, no there're not the same. The satin creme press hair grease is in a little 2 oz. jar and it says it helps press lasts longer, less heat required, combs easy, leaves hair soft shiny and silky. I don't think they are the same products. I believe you found what you were looking for. I want to press my hair when I take my braids out in February. I really don't know how to do it well, but I will try this product to see if it will help me. Isn't this forum great!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
Irresistible, no there're not the same. The satin creme press hair grease is in a little 2 oz. jar and it says it helps press lasts longer, less heat required, combs easy, leaves hair soft shiny and silky. I don't think they are the same products. I believe you found what you were looking for. I want to press my hair when I take my braids out in February. I really don't know how to do it well, but I will try this product to see if it will help me. Isn't this forum great!

[/ QUOTE ]

i was really really happy , i mean like about to jump out of my chair and do the happy dance happy , till i read the post below
.....i gotta know , i gotta know

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

i was really really happy , i mean like about to jump out of my chair and do the happy dance happy , till i read the post below
.....i gotta know , i gotta know

[/ QUOTE ]

well wait, this does say temporary straightening "conditioner" like the lotion...so maybe.....MAYBE

im gonna go by the beauty supply and compare the picture with the grease or somethin

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have both sizes of the creme pres "grease". They have the same name, but they are different. The large container is hard and wax-like. The little jar is more like regular grease. I like the waxy one better. But it's oily and it smells funny.
I may have used too much...

Sally's sells the large container of the waxy one.

The little jar looks like this--
http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=469

I see it in every bss that sells Ultra Sheen grease.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

if this product is anything like the lotion ...IT WILL HELP YOU!!! with the right press teqnique (which took me a while to get down) im tellin you this stuff is the bomb!!!!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I have both sizes of the creme pres "grease". They have the same name, but they are different. The large container is hard and wax-like. The little jar is more like regular grease. I like the waxy one better. But it's oily and it smells funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg so does that pic in the link look like the large waxy one? girl i aint trippin off smell or even a little grease(cause i will still work it), all i wanna know is if it holds the press against reversion??? like the lotion did?? it must right? if its the same type of product?

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

omg so does that pic in the link look like the large waxy one? girl i aint trippin off smell or even a little grease(cause i will still work it), all i wanna know is if it holds the press against reversion??? like the lotion did?? it must right? if its the same type of product?

[/ QUOTE ]

WAIT , WAIT WAIT.... the lotion kinda feels waxy while your pressing it....sooooo maybe this is similar??? and it dont smell great, but i never tripped off that cause a little kemi oil killed that.....see even with the lotion i litterally only used two drops or three per section that i pressed...i used it real lightly...so maybe this is the same kind of stuff if its waxy....*gettin happy again**

TinyT

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
Is this the same product that they sell at Ebonyline.com? I thought I saw it when I was browsing for that k cutter. If so, maybe ya'll can stock up.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG NGC, thats not the same bottle, the one i have is a lotion, but i just ordered 6 of them because it does say the same thing as mine, thats its a temporary straightening conditioner...i ordered them right away, but now i realize it might be the grease....
can someone that knows what the grease looks like look at this and tell me if its the grease???
http://store.yahoo.com/ebonyline51/21814.html

OMG NGC
for finding this...
im so happy!!!
(wondering if i should of ordered more??hmmm) someone please tell me if that looks like the grease?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is the one that is not in liquid form, but more in a pomade or grease form. I know others may not like it, but when my mom used to press my hair when I was younger she used this. My presses were always swangin and bangin, but you can't use too much. Just try it, maybe you will like it.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:

Now that is the one that is not in liquid form, but more in a pomade or grease form. I know others may not like it, but when my mom used to press my hair when I was younger she used this. My presses were always swangin and bangin, but you can't use too much. Just try it, maybe you will like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

your right i was thinkin the same thing...i might still like it even if others dont, and maybe others used too much or somethin..well i guess i will be tryin it now that i ordered 6 of em lol...when i could of just went up the street and got em *grunt*

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The one in the ebonyline link is the waxy one. I'm a novice hair presser.
My hair usually reverts while I'm pressing it.
But my hair did stay straight until I washed it out the next day. It was very oily. But like I said, I may have used too much.

My aunt, an overlord in the Hot Comb Mafia
swears by this stuff, Dudley's Creme Press and Gold Medal Pink Press. The Ultra Sheen is easier for her to purchase.

ETA:
Per my aunt's instructions, I applied the Creme Press grease to my wet hair, twisted it and let it air dry. Then I applied a little more while I flat ironed it (I gave up on the hot comb). This may be why my hair was greasy when I finished...

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The one in the ebonyline link is the waxy one. I'm a novice hair presser.
My hair usually reverts while I'm pressing it.
But my hair did stay straight until I washed it out the next day. It was very oily. But like I said, I may have used too much.

My aunt, an overlord in the Hot Comb Mafia
swears by this stuff, Dudley's Creme Press and Gold Medal Pink Press. The Ultra Sheen is easier for her to purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol@ reverting while pressing....sounds like my hair...gotta have fans so i dont get to hot and my scalp sweats lol....ok well i guess i will have plenty of the stuff now...6 jars for pressing my hair two or three times a year...umm i wonder how long they will last....years
...im figuring if it says the same things as the lotion it will do the same things...and i neva mind a little grease...and know how to do it sparingly...well now that i got six jars coming, i sure hope it does what the lotion does, dats all i gotta say....well i'll be straight now if they should discontinue that one next thats for sure lol

NGC

Sorry ya'll. I didn't know which one it was. I haven't pressed my hair and I'm not familiar with the products.

There's always Ebay (if you want to sell them).

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
Sorry ya'll. I didn't know which one it was. I haven't pressed my hair and I'm not familiar with the products.

There's always Ebay (if you want to sell them).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol NGC girl its kewl. im glad you found it , now i know more about it. its just still frustrating that they did away with the lotion...i just went and checked out the grease and its pretty thick and waxy...just really not sure how its gonna work

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
I called the local Asian beauty supply store and no they did not have it. I really wanted to try this. Maybe if alot of people write the company they might actually put it back on the shelves..but that's a long shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

well ive been blessed enough to have another member here (bless her heart) send me a couple bottles....but i really want to look into seeing what all of us can do to see about getting them to get this product going again...its a must really , the way i see it. i just cannot believe they would discontinue it....and i want to know i can have it for years to come and so should other ladies that want to press thier hair dang it!!! here is the confusing part, who do we contact? i went to johnsonproducts.com and it says that they were bought out by carson products , and then something about wella and loreal taking over as well....all i want to know is who and how to contact them about this...anybody know? figuring maybe someone might have some better investigatin skills than i do or somethin....we gotta at least try, this product is worth it....and nothing like the grease.....the grease is just ok (i tried it last night), the lotion is great!!! let me know if anyone comes up with something....and thank you again to the
that is sending me those. a bunch of us together should be able to come up with or do somethin
...think of all the ladies that NEED this product!!

now i know we could always go out and buy expensive Aveda , and other products out there...but if it aint broke....why da hell did they discontinue it??? ugh

karezone

Nothing better than a letter writing campaign. If enough of us write letters and make phone calls they will eventually do something about it.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The phone # for Ultra Sheen is 866-833-1331. Call M-F 9:00am-3:30pm EST. As of 2003 they were owned by Wella Personal Care in Hackensack, NJ.

(All of this is printed on the back of the Ultra Sheen samples I got last year from Niaonline Simple Sampling).

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
Nothing better than a letter writing campaign. If enough of us write letters and make phone calls they will eventually do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

im ready to
them for discontinuing it when ya'll are!!! just gotta figure out who to contact!!!! lets to this!!!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The phone # for Ultra Sheen is 866-833-1331. Call M-F 9:00am-3:30pm EST. As of 2003 they were owned by Wella Personal Care in Hackensack, NJ.

(All of this is printed on the back of the Ultra Sheen samples I got last year from Niaonline Simple Sampling).

[/ QUOTE ]
lol dang girl , you are on it!!! ok well ladies i guess their phone is gonna be ringin off the hook tuesday!!! cause monday is a holiday. ALL of us should call, stalk, harass, and bug them half to death , beg , plead, whatever it takes!! enough of a flood of calls and letters that follow the calls....lets see what results, we might get them thinking , there is a NEED for this product...we gotta at least try!!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
lol dang girl , you are on it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I pressed a couple of sections of my hair last night to see if I liked it. It did give an excellent non-greasy press.
My aunt and cousin use it for dry roller sets. I was on the phone this afternoon begging them to get me more.
They didn't know it had been discontinued, either. They'll never get around to mailing it to me, but at least I know I'll have it when I see them.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
lol dang girl , you are on it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I pressed a couple of sections of my hair last night to see if I liked it. It did give an excellent non-greasy press.
My aunt and cousin use it for dry roller sets. I was on the phone this afternoon begging them to get me more.
They didn't know it had been discontinued, either. They'll never get around to mailing it to me, but at least I know I'll have it when I see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

its weird that they use it for roller sets because it says its for blow drying or pressing, but i guess if they roller set and heat dry it might work the same way.....

lunalight7

I havent read the whole thread, but have you tried Dudley's Creme Press? I used to like it back in my curling iron days.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I havent read the whole thread, but have you tried Dudley's Creme Press? I used to like it back in my curling iron days.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it a lotion or cream or grease? the one we are talking about is a lotion

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
its weird that they use it for roller sets because it says its for blow drying or pressing, but i guess if they roller set and heat dry it might work the same way.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was strange, too. She was looking for an alternative to Miss Cool 5-Minute Fast Set. Another revolutionary
product that was discontinued.
She and my cousin roll their hair on sponge or plastic rollers before bed and wake up with loose, shiny curls. (My aunt has under processed relaxed hair and my cousin has natural 3-ish curls). I tried it for a braid-out and it didn't work. That's why I stuck it in the back of the closet and forgot about it until you mentioned it.