Natural hair and pressing (satin creme press)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I can't see your photos.
But I think I "know" you from another hair board. If you're the same person (Iris) I know what everyone is talking about. Your hair is beautiful!

The next time I press my hair I'm going to try this. I was going to use it to blow dry my hair and then press it. Maybe I can skip the blow drying all together...

Irresistible

thank you Sassygirl, yup its Iris.

when i press i always skip the blow drying part , i just cant do it right and my hair just drys out and feels/looks terrible...i just let it mostly air dry and dry it the rest of the way with the pressing comb. my hair just does better without blow drying

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
What kind of pressing comb do you use? I've bought three and the teeth are never spaced wide enough for me... I have an electric one (piece of crap!
) and two Kentucky Maid ones.

Irresistible

i dont know what kinds they are, but i use two...

one has wider, and more teeth with little teeth on the back.....this is the one i found works great for drying , and when finished for smoothing over it

the main one i use is just the regular one that ive always seen. i agree that the electric ones are crap.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
I want some Satin Creme press. Do they carry it at Sally's.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure, best way to know is call or go see if they do..i got mine at a little independent bss

G

I did a search online for this product and the only thing that comes up is the "grease" in the jar.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
I did a search online for this product and the only thing that comes up is the "grease" in the jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didnt see it online either

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
My bottle has the year 1992 on it. It may be discontinued.

I got mine from an Asian bss. It was in the same section as the setting lotion, wrap foam, etc.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
My bottle has the year 1992 on it. It may be discontinued.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no!! say it aint so.

TinyT

i think so, b/c i looked on the ultasheen website, and it isn't listed in their products section. they only show the jar with the yellow writing

Irresistible

omg well i just spoke with my local bss and she said it has been discontinued...well i think im'a crawl in a hole after i call everywhere i can to find any bottles i can *sigh* how can they discontinue something that works so well? ugh

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
weird, i just checked the link and your right it aint workin...probably just yahoo trippin as usual

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i fixed the link to my pics now

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
how can they discontinue something that works so well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask myself this question all the time. They either discontinue my favorite product or "improve" (ruin!) it. I haven't even tried the lotion yet and I'm three seconds away from stockpiling it!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
how can they discontinue something that works so well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask myself this question all the time. They either discontinue my favorite product or "improve" (ruin!) it. I haven't even tried the lotion yet and I'm three seconds away from stockpiling it!

[/ QUOTE ]

im about to do the same thing girl....if i can find them anywhere at all....well im depressed now lol...but on the bright side this big bottle will last a long time, because you only need to use a little. and i dont press often...but still i need several bottles to last for years if they are discontinuing it...im telling you this product is a must have for pressing , i cant believe this.

G

I called the local Asian beauty supply store and no they did not have it. I really wanted to try this. Maybe if alot of people write the company they might actually put it back on the shelves..but that's a long shot.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
I called the local Asian beauty supply store and no they did not have it. I really wanted to try this. Maybe if alot of people write the company they might actually put it back on the shelves..but that's a long shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

welll i truly believe its long shot thats way worth the shot....i stopped by the bss i bought it at a little while ago and showed them my hair which i pressed on friday of last week , which is still holding wonderfully by the way...and they were trippin that it still looks freshly done...which is why i was raving about it in the first place .....and do you know she told she threw out the last few bottles she had because they were old....talk about wanting to scream...i dont know if i can or will find another product that does what this stuff does..it holds up under tons of moisture in the air with little to no reversion and it makes the press look great , i cant even explain it, but its like healthy shiny relaxed hair in the appearance and holds like it too without any heaviness....i just dont get why this product didnt take off in a big way

G

I know, Irrestiable- the way you talk about it-it seems like a very good product..plus I seen your pictures..your hair very pretty by the way..I wish I could have tried the some of this "magic" pressing oil...I'm always having problems with my hair not holding a press for long.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
I know, Irrestiable- the way you talk about it-it seems like a very good product..plus I seen your pictures..your hair very pretty by the way..I wish I could have tried the some of this "magic" pressing oil...I'm always having problems with my hair not holding a press for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you girl, thats why i was sharing it , so that others could just enjoy the press without the poof...well i will be looking around for another product and also finding out anything i can about the satin creme press...why they killed it i will never get it.

steph

hey everyone, unfortuantely, i know for a fact that is has been discontined. I use to use ultra satin creme press all the time when i first started college in 2000. I have been trying to find a replacement since, and nothing has come close. Good luck irrestible in trying to get the product. btw your hair is beautiful!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
steph said:
hey everyone, unfortuantely, i know for a fact that is has been discontined. I use to use ultra satin creme press all the time when i first started college in 2000. I have been trying to find a replacement since, and nothing has come close. Good luck irrestible in trying to get the product. btw your hair is beautiful!

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you girl....man this is just so so sad. i FINALLY find a product that works that well and i cant have it no more....i just really cant believe it and i know your right , there will probably not be another product that will work like the satin creme press lotion....it was truly a miracle product though , ive never seen my hair do what it did with it in it.
im truly depressed about this. why why why would they freakin discontue it??....here i posted it to share, thinkin i would save tons of women that press their hair some trouble.....and now i find out none of us can use it. im just truly sad...sounds like drama....but i just never had a product work that well....just sad

NGC

Is this the same product that they sell at Ebonyline.com? I thought I saw it when I was browsing for that k cutter. If so, maybe ya'll can stock up.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
NGC said:
Is this the same product that they sell at Ebonyline.com? I thought I saw it when I was browsing for that k cutter. If so, maybe ya'll can stock up.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG NGC, thats not the same bottle, the one i have is a lotion, but i just ordered 6 of them because it does say the same thing as mine, thats its a temporary straightening conditioner...i ordered them right away, but now i realize it might be the grease....
can someone that knows what the grease looks like look at this and tell me if its the grease???
http://store.yahoo.com/ebonyline51/21814.html

OMG NGC
for finding this...
im so happy!!!
(wondering if i should of ordered more??hmmm) someone please tell me if that looks like the grease?????

fancypants007

I did a search and found a product that's in a gold/white jar called ultra sheen creme satin press. It's 13 oz. and it says that it is a temporary straightener, conditioner, blow drying, and it leaves the hair silky soft. Can this possibly be the product? I tried to paste the image, but I don't know how.