• Biotin

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Both give equal results

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

Which did you get better results from?

How long was it before you started seeing results, and did you use a specific brand?

ebonyseas

I use the walmart brand of both. Why choose? I think Biotin is wonderful for hair skin and nails. Vitamin B is great for your health too.

manter26

It's my understanding that most people take B-complex in order to absorb the biotin. It's not an either, or situation.

vtoodler

I wonder why most B-complex vitamins have very little Biotin although they have tons of the other vitamins. My concern is overloading on the vitamins.

c*c*chic*

i think you are supposed to take the both of them together. not too sure of all of the reasons but one is to combat acne that biotin causes.

**WonderWoman**

I call Biotin! I've experienced really good growth (and thick too!) from Biotin, but here's the thing if you don't take Biotin with B complex and lots of water it's breakout season for your face, at least from my experience and a lot of other ladies on here. So, I think Biotin and B complex go hand in hand. Biotin's the major reason I switched to Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails .... It has 3,600mcg of Biotin! And I take that with GNC's liquid B Complex.

EllePixie

Biotin is a B complex vitamin (it's B7)...I looked up a couple of B vitamin pills and they both contained biotin as well, but it wasn't a lot. So I think it depends on if you think the biotin is helping more with growth. Most B complex mixes are for energy or stress I believe, which is why they might have less biotin (just a theory). I've seen fast growth in my nails taking 5mg of biotin but I'm not sure about my hair.

05girl

Acne? What the heck!!!! I JUST bought biotin yesterday, guess I'm going back for B-Complex. What size pill of Biotin should I buy? I got 5000mcg of biotin.

Tiye

I take both of them. Biotin is a B vitamin, so if you have to choose one then it's more important to take b-complex. You can't really pick and choose individual vitamins for hair growth - but if you incorporate vitamins into a comprehensive nutrition plan then you'll have healthier hair.

05girl

Tiye I definitely do not want acne... are you saying to take both vitamins ? Or to take B-Complex in lieu of biotin? Sorry I don't know much about vitamins and want to be sure I understand you all's advice.

femmedusiecle

Yes, but I still wouldn't want to strain my liver (or whichever organ gets rid of excess stuff). That's what concerns me.

Taking Biotin along with a B vitamin will not harm you. Just so long as you take the recommended dosage and of course, drink lots of water. If you exceed what's recommended and do so for a long period of time, then you will oversaturate your system, leaving your liver unable to filter out the excess B vitamins at a fast enough rate to keep things balanced. It's the build up of the excess that will cause vitamin toxicity.

BoaterGirlKim

I take both as well. I notice great results in my hair and nails with biotin. My hair seems to grow faster and thicker. I get a crawling sensation in my scalp as some ladies have described when I'm taking it regularly - it doesn't bother me like it does others, and I tell myself I'm "feeling" my hair growing LOL I buy the $1.97 bottle at Target. Each pill is only 1,000 mcg but I take 5 a day for 5,000 mcg and you get 100 pills in the bottle.

I started taking a Super B Complex also sold at Target because I read/heard that B vitamins were also good for hair. Later on, I read on the board that B complex helps combat acne that can occur with Biotin use. I never experienced any acne using Biotin, but this info was more incentive to keep up with the B complex as well. I've taken B complex alone in the past and never experienced the hair (and nail) results that I have with Biotin.

Misseyl

I used them both and what I found out is that Biotin gives me headaches whereas Vitamin B changes the color of my urine to yellow.