calling all naturals! what produc(s) give your curls/coils good definition??

my curl defining products are...

• plain ole water defines my curls

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • conditioner/leave in conditioner

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • a creamy moisturizer

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • gel

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • nothing defines my natural hair

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyRaider

Hair type - I really have no idea. I have pretty curls though. :)
Length - still just short of apl (I suck at hair growth.)
Last relaxer was in April of 2009.
I wash n go a lot now. Almost daily. I am okay with wet hair even in the cold (I'm in Texas.) But I get sick if I go to bed with wet hair.

Mine don't last. By the evening when I go to the gym, I'm putting it up. The next day I either redo, or wear an up do or french braids.

What has worked best is Suave Keratin Infusion Smoothing Conditioner. I co wash with it and then use it as a leave in. I feel as if BTZ Kick up Your Curls Styler has a lot of potential, but I haven't yet got it to work as well as the Suave.

My hair started growing really well when I was doing braid outs and doing the LOC method each night. I am not sure I'm getting as good growth results with the wash and gos.

Last edited:

msbettyboop

What's your hair type? 3c/4a/4b/4c
How long is your hair stretched? Not sure but likely BSB.
How long have you been natural? 4 years
Do you wash n go? how long does your was n go last? Yes I started doing that recently with MHM. It lasts two days.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
havilland So I guess you twist your hair up at night or something so you can seal?

I use the LOC method and put my hair in a pineapple or a loose bun on top of my head. I refresh with my spray bottle in the morning.

Like so....

Attachments

• image-3315496999.jpg
    image-3315496999.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair needs a combination of conditioner and gel. Otherwise my WNG will be super frizzy instead of super curly.