Hits & Misses December 2014

Dposh167

Hit:
Pantene Weekly Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo
(after they discontinued my beloved Pantene Purity years ago, I see they made a replacement. good job)

Avocado Oil & Apricot Oil treatment
(leaves my hair feeling more moisturized than hot coconut oil alone)

Revisited hit:
Lacio Lacio Leave-In (i came back to this after finding out that a no-cone regimen for flat ironed hair wasn't helping. I don't know why i tried to fix something that wasn't broken)

Healthb4Length

Hits:
-Murray's Creamed Beeswax for twists--keeps them moist, and frizz free for a long time
-Washing hair in twists (mini)
-Hair Stopper---helps prevents drain from clogging

Potential Hit--Denman D5 brush, good for detangling but takes some getting used to--must use very small sections

Pennefeather

Hit

Adding essential oil to my Green Magic growth cream. :yep: Just when I didn't think that I could stand the scent anymore, I added some bitter almond essential oil, and now it smells wonderful. :lick:

Bitter almond is the sweet almond scent, whereas sweet almond is the almond oil. I used Dr Adorable brand which is strong enough to cover the sulfur. I had previously tried Now brand tangerine oil, but the scent wasn't strong enough. I could smell the Dr Adorable brand through the packaging when it arrived - I got this from Ebay.

Now when I lay down in bed, I get gentle whiffs of almond instead of sulfur.:yep: Sweet dreams!

nymane

(Revisited) Super Hit:

Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor - I'm an Aphogee 2-step "stan", but I have to admit, I was really blown away with the results after using this reconstructor. My hair came out soft, polished/sleek, and strong. I'm 14 weeks post, and it feels like I'm only 8 weeks post...amazing.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Soultanicals Knot Busta Curling Custard

Very nice , soft hold and smells delicious. As I'm typing this, it reminds me of Afroveda OLD formula of PUR Whipped Jelly. Theres no glycerin in this though.

Old Hits:
Natural By Design Cosmetics:
Curly Magic Cowash and Leave in conditioner, clean soft hair and supple after adding leave in conditioner.

Soultanicals:
Curl Nutricious, lovely as a conditioner/deep conditioner

Beamodel

New Hit
Mission Condition Goji Berry Silk
It left my hair very moisturized and smooth. I had ladies playing in my hair this morning at work because it was so smooth and moisturized.

Miss
I'm gonna miss Mission Condition :-(

Continued Hit
APB Green Powerhouse Oil
The Best Oil I've used as of yet...

Last edited:

reeko43

Huge hit: avocado oil, I have tried many, i.e grapeseed, argan, castor, jojoba and this is my favorite for use head to toe.

Continued hits

Bobeam: the only vendor I currently patronize online. Outstanding customer service and products.

Oyin Hair Dew
Shea Moisture Jbco leave in and Manuka honey conditioners.

oneastrocurlie

Continued hit:
APB Ayurvedic Oil - I'm convinced it's what's got my nape growing back.
Jakeala Coconut Juice - she discontinues or changes this I'll be so upset. It's so moisturizing
Jakeala Parfait - great sealer especially on top of the juice

New hit:
APB Green Tea Aloe oil (I think that's the name) - I use it to apply to my scalp while DC-ing and I've noticed my scalp isn't flaking up my 3rd day post wash as usual.

kupenda

Oyin Handmade- total HIT. I think they are going to be my main hair and body company from here on out. The body products I have are awesome. The hair products are great. Its available on the ground (whole foods and target) and I can get it in store. Shipping, if need be, is fast and cheap. Oyin for the win! Im absolutely taking this vendor into 2015 with me. Officially my staple company

Lita

New Hits-

TerraVeda-good earth mud wash,rinses nice clean,lite scent gives hair waves curls..

TerraVeda-apple cleanser nice slip worked perfect with the mud wash,made my hair very soft..

TerraVeda-banana slip detangler,nice scent & yes provided great slip moisture..

TerraVeda-pumpkin marshmallow leave in thin texture but glided on bvery nicely..Nice scent.

Mission Condition-castor blaster,absolutely love this very silky texture lotion,great slip & moisturized my hair kept it soft shiny..little goes long way..hair still had plenty of body without being weighed down.

Mission Condition-bananaberry buttermilk leave in,my hair response very well to this..

Continued hits-

Mission Condition-Marshmellow mask,love this did a wonderful job at moisturizing my hair,detangled made it super soft.

APB-not easily broken con..Staple

APB-not easily broken pomade...Staple

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
New Hits-

Mission Condition-castor blaster,absolutely love this very silky texture lotion,great slip & moisturized my hair kept it soft shiny..little goes long way..hair still had plenty of body without being weighed down.

Mission Condition-bananaberry buttermilk leave in,my hair response very well to this..

Continued hits-

Mission Condition-Marshmellow mask,love this did a wonderful job at moisturizing my hair,detangled made it super soft.

APB-not easily broken con..Staple

APB-not easily broken pomade...Staple

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Great Review!:grin:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits:
Washing my hair every day for the last 4 days
SM Souffle under DE Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard

Miss
The grit from , From Nature with Love Tulsi added into my Rhassoul mix, I forgot why i hadn't used it
Too much SM Souffle under DE Custard, hair is sticky ( washing tonight so no worries really)
DE Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard, not really worth the price, finally used it up though
DE Almond & Avocado Leave In, nothing awe inspiring. finally used it up

Babygrowth

New hit: Redken All Soft Shampoo- only used a little and did two washes and my hair was soft and clean. The first time it felt stripped so I know I was heavy handed.

Cont. Hits: Elucence moisture benefits condish had my hair feeling ahhhhhhhmazing!!!!! Lol
SD RCA- officially bumped Vanilla Silk out of first place.
SM JBCO leave in
Jakeala nappy butter
Detangling loaded with conditioner under running water
Freshly relaxed hair
Slight correction to previously relaxed hair

Miss: the smell of these Njoy vitamins :barf: I hope I can finish this bottle but for that reason alone I may not repurchase.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits:
Washing my hair every day for the last 4 days
SM Souffle under DE Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard

Miss
The grit from , From Nature with Love Tulsi added into my Rhassoul mix, I forgot why i hadn't used it
Too much SM Souffle under DE Custard, hair is sticky ( washing tonight so no worries really)
DE Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard, not really worth the price, finally used it up though
DE Almond & Avocado Leave In, nothing awe inspiring. finally used it up

This is my favorite product from SM. I hope they never change it. You have to watch it because it is too sticky if you use to much but when it finally sinks in, lawd.. lawd, my hair feels so plush right now. I LOVE the souffle. It's like an all natural curl activator gel. Really good under any gel that's hard hold.

Kimiche

Hit:
Darcy's Botanical's Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Cream

It seems like my hair hates everything, but so far this has been holding it down in the few weeks that I've used it this month. I can feel it softening my hair as soon as I put it in and that is rare. So far I like this stuff. I am relaxed by the way.

Miss:
Not trying this hair cream sooner so that I could take advantage of the sales (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc). I bought this in mid November and didn't start using it until the beginning of the month. :wallbash:

sweetpea7

Hit:
Shampoo my hair before getting in the shower. Thanks up thread to whoever mentioned it!

Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo- not stripping, nice fragrance, and east to detangle afterwards

Miss- wanting to buy every natural hair care product on the ground

PlainJane

Hit: Shampoo my hair before getting in the shower. Thanks up thread to whoever mentioned it! Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo- not stripping, nice fragrance, and east to detangle afterwards Miss- wanting to buy every natural hair care product on the ground

I've seen this mentioned before about shampooing on dry hair. How are you shampooing before you get in the shower? What are the benefits?

NaturallyATLPCH

Hits: Natty Butter and Jakeala's Butters...super soft skin. I can't wait to try them on my hair, especially the JAkeala Hemp Parfait

Bellezza Naturalle Soaps
I'm so glad I found this vendor. I placed an order yesterday and already received a shipping notice today. I really hope she keeps up this great customer service, I've convoed with her several times and Sandra the owner is a doll.

I have received shipping updates or shipping notifications from everyone now except my last Oyin order. Now I'm just playing the waiting game.
Update: I just checked my email and got a shipping notification from Oyin. That's everybody.

Huge miss: 6 of my Black Friday packages that were forwarded to my old address because I forgot to change it back. It's only 20 minutes away, but why are they in Tampa now? :cry:
I called USPS and the lady said they would eventually be sent to the forwarded address. I hope I get them soon. :pray:

Last edited:

charmtreese

This is my favorite product from SM. I hope they never change it. You have to watch it because it is too sticky if you use to much but when it finally sinks in, lawd.. lawd, my hair feels so plush right now. I LOVE the souffle. It's like an all natural curl activator gel. Really good under any gel that's hard hold.

I had to figure out how to use SM soufflé! I love it now. I use it after applying SM JBCO leave-in, a little gel for each twist. When I use it that way it's never tacky or gummy.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I've seen this mentioned before about shampooing on dry hair. How are you shampooing before you get in the shower? What are the benefits?

PlainJane I apply shampoo to my hair before I wet it in the shower. I know some other ladies on the forum do it as well. I can't speak to their methods but I'll speak to mine. My hair is usually parted in 4 sections from pre-pooing. I section through each section of hair (as if applying relaxer) and apply shampoo directly to my scalp and scrub/rub/scratch/massage/"whatever it needs" my scalp. Once I finish a section, I pin it back up and keep working. Once my whole head is done, I jump in the shower, lightly wet each section to work the shampoo down the ends then pin it back up and let it marinate while I finish up.

The benefits I've seen:
- my hair doesn't come out as dry (my pre-poo isn't rinsed off, I apply the shampoo right on top of it)
- tangles are minimized GREATLY
- really able to get visible buildup off my scalp manually
- I lose less hair because I'm not manipulating my hair too much once I'm in the shower
As you can see the minimized tangles is my greatest benefit :lol:

My hair still gets clean without drying out, my scalp gets really clean without drying out, and I lose much less hair than I did before when I would apply diluted shampoo in the shower on wet hair.

Last edited:

Anaisin

Hit:

Hydroquench White tea & Lemon 5 day moisture

I didn't even use it on my hair lol hopefully it's as great on my hair as it on my body

sweetpea7

First I part my hair into 4 quadrants and spritz my hair with water. I am high density like nap85 so it's easier for me to get to my scalp and massage it well.

I feel that it's more relaxing since I'm not rushing. Sometimes I feel like I'll run out of hot water plus I save a ton of it.

HTH

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Miss.

Reve Essentials closing down. Just used my second to last jar of the deep treatment up. What us gon do when the last one is gone??? :(