Hits & Misses December 2014

curlyhersheygirl

New Hit
Denman free flow brush. This is much better for my hair than the regular denman.

Continued hits
APB hair pudding and LI
Using up my stash

Miss
Missing CM's sale :sad:

Beamodel

Continued Hit
Conditioner Oil Cowashing
ACV Oil Rinses

These two leave my hair so soft, well conditioned without any greasy feelings whatsoever.

LuvlyRain3

Major hits
Oyin honey hemp- the Best conditioner I've ever used. Melts tangles like butta.
Oyin Black Friday shipping- order on Friday received on Monday. Can't beat that

Hits
Alikay naturals honey and sage dc- so moisturizing
Denman thermo brush- better than the comb chase method
Redken gloss- light weight , not sticky and leaves my hair perfectly straight

Miss
Alikay naturals shipping cost- $12 for 2 conditioners?! Nope no thanks.

Lita

Miss-Having people think your giving a huge discount for bf & its only 15% with $10 flat rate shipping...No,sorry..Your not getting my money..Keep your half sale & your products.

Happy Hair Growing!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hits:
Soultanicals Knot Butta on dd's week old flat ironed hair. So soft. No reversion.

My Honey Child Buttery Soy on dd's flat iron. Super soft hair without reversion.

Miss:
The smell of Hairveda Almond Glaze. They took away the Sweet almond scent. Now you can smell the castor oil. :nono:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

oneastrocurlie

On the fence: Camille Rose Curl Maker. It's not bad but I wasnt overly impressed. Maybe I need to use a heavier leave in underneath. I was hoping it would keep me from having to do the LCO every morning but it was a tad crunchy. Going to keep playing with it.

Revisited Hit: PBN MMM. Finally cracked open the bottle I bought in July. Smh. It's my second favorite moisturizer behind Oyin Hair Dew

Anaisin

Hit:

Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo
Conair dryer attatchment (the tube bonnwt thing you connect to your handheld dryer)

sexypebbly

Possible miss: its a 10 leave in. Felt good going on but once I blow dryed, hair didn't feel that moisturized. Gonna play around with it but probably won't repurchase.

charmtreese

Revisited Hit:
Joico Moisture Recovery treatment balm

New Hit:
BoBeam Cocoa and Rhassoul clay bar
Alaffia Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating Conditioner (for detangling dry hair/prepoo)

outspokenwallflower

HIT:
Pureology Strength Cure Masque :love:
Half Method for relaxing-- but not ear to ear across; from forehead to nape, straight down my head.
Aveda Dry Remedy Masque (old formula)-- a hit forever and ever and ever. :love2:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit: Finding my container of Qhemet Biologics Teatree Grapeseed Pomade. This stuff is very under rated. Like old school grease but calms the itches immediately. One jar last a long time as you only need a dab per section.

reeko43

Revisited Hit:
Joico Moisture Recovery treatment balm

New Hit:
BoBeam Cocoa and Rhassoul clay bar
Alaffia Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating Conditioner (for detangling dry hair/prepoo)

The Bobeam clay bar is tied for favorite with the ACV and bentonite clay bar. Both are great. The cocoa bar is also wonderful as a face cleanser.

charmtreese

The Bobeam clay bar is tied for favorite with the ACV and bentonite clay bar. Both are great. The cocoa bar is also wonderful as a face cleanser.

I really like the ACV & Bentonite one as well!

That's good to know that the cocoa bar is good for face cleansing. That will help with packing for trips. I love when a product has multiple uses.

Pennefeather

Big hit: Annabelle's ayuvedic oil in tangerine. Love the smell! I could use this as a perfume! :lick: A small amount daily gives me sheen, and doesn't leave my hair greasy.:yep:

KinkyGenius

1st-impression MEGA HITS
  • Blue Roze Beauty Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Hair Mask - I don't know what my expectations were for this overall line, but this mask right here is a gem and will definitely stay in my rotation. I was DEFINITELY not expecting for my hair to be as moisturized and soft with this product for some reason, I just was not ready for what this product did for my hair. I'm talking pillow-like, cottony softness. This could easily replace my current HG DC (Hairveda Stirnillah), but I'm gonna need more than 8oz. I got this through Hattache, so I don't know if there are larger sizes if purchased directly from her site.
  • Blue Roze Beauty Coconut Hair Milk - This line has been truly impressive upon 1st time use. I thought the SM Jamaican Black Leave-In was going to be my go-to leave-in, but this right here may be my new leave-in ladies and gents. I LOVE the consistency, the slip it provides and the serious moisture punch it packs. My hair was so moisturized throughout every step of my washing process last night, I'm praying it won't be a fluke.
  • ACV/Aloe Vera Juice/Water Detangling Mix - I typically detangle with a slippery condish and oil. My hair has suffered quite the setback this year because of the breakage I've sustained from my detangling sessions that I'll be going to get a haircut this weekend. In the meantime, I've been experimenting with different detangling methods, I was going to get a Q-Redew during BF but decided against it. I stumbled across a video by Green Beauty Channel detailing the proper products to detangle with and she suggested using a liquid with an acidic pH to help the cuticle lay flat. I did and detangling was noticeably easier to do. Going to try it a few more times, but I do think I have a winner with this detangling mixture!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hits:
Beyond the zone noodle head: smeeled ok and works well as a leave in under gel
Belldona hair mask: thick with tons of slip and moisturizing ability
Ion reair solutions reconstructor: great protein reconstructor that works fast without heat
Ion repair solutions effective care treatment: great mix of protein and moisture treatment
Somang henna hair treatment: no stinky smell or messiness that comes with regular henna. It also does not impart the red color either. Hair feels great after rinsing.
Joico body luxe conditioner: works fast, has great slip, hair feels thicker after use. Smells like old bananas or something though.
Novex blindagem sealing treatment: works well to prevent heat damage and have long lasting straight hair even in humid conditions.
Novex max keratin: great liquid hard protein. Much better than aphogee to me.

Miss:
Joico moisture recovery conditioner. Did not give as much moisture and slip as i wanted.
APB pudding: did not give me as much moisture as i wanted. The smells are also too much (i dont like food scented products)
Tresemme flawless curls lotion creme: too light and watery for my hair
Beyond the zone protein cocktail: watery garbage
Beyond the zonesplit mender: liquidy garbage
Argan magic curl creme: to light to define my hair
Simply smooth magic potion and serum: did nothing for my hair
Belladona Nuovox: did nothing at all
Ampro pro styl gel: smelly black gel that didnt work and left brown residue around my edges
Soultanicals manethick creamy slick: looks,feels and smells different from the sample i had tried.

Beamodel

Continued Major Hit
APB Green Powerhouse Oil

This oil imparts so much shine and incredible softness.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
:up:HIT Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Conditioner: I bought this a while ago from TJMaxx. It was priced at $16.99 with a "compare at" price of $32 (I saw it for $30 in Sephora today). I finally know what people mean when they say "it melted my tangles" when I applied it! I used it as a follow up to Joico K-Pac Reconstructor protein treatment, so my hair was stiffer than usual before I applied it. My hair instantly softened and any tangles I had just melted away. I'm so used to using a LOT of conditioner but this didn't require so much. I wanted to kick myself every time I squeezed too much out for the section I was working on. I want to run to TJMaxx and buy ALL the bottles on the shelf.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit:
Sweet Nature By Eddie Growth Detangling Spray
Has my edges filling in extra like whoa! I've never had a problem with them, they just are thin by genetics. I did have a spell where depo had them thinning but as soon as I came off they filled back in. This msm is doing it's thing. When I go back into a protective style I will order another bottle.

Holla

MAJOR HIT: OYIN HANDMADE HAIR DEW.

This stuff is soooooooooooooo good. It has a lot of slip, moisturizes, and smoothes my hair really well. I am happy that I have a second bottle on the way.

Leaning towards a miss: Oyin Brown Sugar Pomade.
I'm not completely sold on it just yet. Plus the strong artificial sugar smell is a bit of a turnoff for me. That said, I use very little of it to seal over hair dew.

caliscurls

MAJOR HIT: OYIN HANDMADE HAIR DEW. This stuff is soooooooooooooo good. It has a lot of slip, moisturizes, and smoothes my hair really well. I am happy that I have a second bottle on the way. Leaning towards a miss: Oyin Brown Sugar Pomade. I'm not completely sold on it just yet. Plus the strong artificial sugar smell is a bit of a turnoff for me. That said, I use very little of it to seal over hair dew.

Holla Hair Dew is a must have in my household. So much so that one of the kids hid it in their room because the other one was "using too much". I bought 2 of the largest size Black Friday to keep the peace in the house for a while

Holla

@Holla Hair Dew is a must have in my household. So much so that one of the kids hid it in their room because the other one was "using too much". I bought 2 of the largest size Black Friday to keep the peace in the house for a while

That's cute that the kids even know it's a good product. I now see what the fuss was about. ...Everyone should try this product at least once. :yep: Plus I like that it is available at Target if I don't want to wait to get it in the mail.