Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

faithVA

[USER=390755 said:
Joigirl[/USER];20919617]I get at least 7 day hair with a good gel. Eco styler, Hello Curly, UFD and Kinky Curly provide good definition. I like curl creams too, but my hair is so dense that I have a lion's mane by day 3-4. That is fine for the weekend, but I can't have my hair that big at work.

I preserve my curls by putting it up in a pineapple at night and keeping my hands out of it. I don't refresh or add liquid unless it is an absolute necessity to get through the day. When it gets dry especially in the crown I wash and restyle. Refreshing seems to make my hair leech even more moisture. Sealing with a butter under my gel helps me retain moisture and soften the gel cast.

Do you have any idea why this happens. I don't do WNGs but when I try to refresh my hair it seems like it is drier than before I put water on it. I have yet to figure this out.

Joigirl

Do you have any idea why this happens. I don't do WNGs but when I try to refresh my hair it seems like it is drier than before I put water on it. I have yet to figure this out.

I wish I knew. I just restyle to save myself trouble. I've hear that the Q-Redew or a steamer works well for low porosity hair. It opens the cuticles and allows the moisture to penetrate the strand. I plan to purchase the Q-redew during the next sale. The steamer is too bulky to use that frequently.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Y'all, I've been pretty sick lately. I did a wash and go yesterday so my hair wouldn't look completely busted at the doctor's today lol. I'd really appreciate it if you all would keep me in your prayers.

OhTall1

This week's lessons:
#1 - A single pineapple will not work for me at night. I watched EllePixie's video about multiple pineapples, and I think that will work better for me (though it's still a work in progress).
#2 - I'm still being too light handed with product. In the EllePixie video, I watched how much product she put in her hair to revitalize her hair for Day 2. I haven't been using that much stuff.
#3 - I need to do a better job documenting what I'm putting in my hair and the end results.

Day 2 hair, since I did it last night

Pre-poo'd with grapeseed oil
Cowash with V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze
Deep condition with SM Tahitian Noni masque
Giovanni Leave In
Honestly, I can't remember if I used any gel or styler. :look: (See #3 above)
Hood dryer for 20 minutes

I did 4 pineapples last night and then this morning I steamed it in the shower and sprayed it with Queen Helene Curl Reactivator.

pattyr5

I'm so excited today! I did my wash and go last night expecting to be disappointed this morning but I am not!

First i steamed with an oil mix then steamed in my protein treatment followed by a DC. Since I usually like the way my curls look when I get out from under the steamer I decided to steam in my leave in too!! I topped my hair off with the SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the put my hair in 4 small banana clips hoping to reduce the root puffiness. I air dried in those ponytails and got some nice curls today. Since my hair never looks curled the next morning, I am very happy.

Attachments

• image-687580242.jpg
    image-687580242.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 69

krissyhair

I'm wearing my straight hair right now. I'm debating if I should shampoo and roller set again next week, or cowash and wear my natural texture again.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Decided to use my cantu curl activator this morning. I also used a very small amount of cantu curling cream on my left side over my ear where my texture is different.

Attachments

• image-3166469086.jpg
    image-3166469086.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image-2357530951.jpg
    image-2357530951.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-192770745.jpg
    image-192770745.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 41

OhTall1

I think I actually achieved pretty decent Day 2 hair today! :yay: This is the first work day in a while that I didn't feel like I had to resort to a puff.
Day 1

Cowash - V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze conditioner
Protein treatment - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor (noticed some splits 1-2" from my ends :sad:)
Deep condition - SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Jojoba oil
Leave in - Giovanni Direct Leave In
Stylers - a little bit of SM Curl Enhanding Smoothie and MopTop med hold anti frizz gel
Scrunched out some moisture with a tshirt then sat under a cool hood dryer for 30 minutes

Day 2

Did two pineapples last night
Steamed hair in the shower this morning
Sprayed with Queen Helene Royal Curl Activator

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I straightened my hair and gave it a trim but i couldnt stand my flat straight hair so i wet it up and slapped some gel on that baby! I am going to shoot for 4 day hair with this eco crystal and ampro argan gel mix

krissyhair

I'm done with the roller set now. I cowashed with globs of Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner this morning to get my curls back. I tshirt dried and moisturized and sealed with Miss Jessie's Leave-in Condish and Baby Buttercreme for a wash and go ponytail. It's super sleek with no combs or brushing needed, only finger combing and smoothing down with the hands.

pattyr5

My second day hair ok; better than usual. I'm still doing conditioner only. Thinking about trying the Curly Girl Method but I need to use up all my stash first. #pjismisreal

Attachments

• image-2089802555.jpg
    image-2089802555.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 45

krissyhair

Third day in a row washing.

The first day it was a cowash to get the curls back.

The second day it was another cowash because I thought I had build-up.

I did.

Today it was a sulfate shampoo, oil rinse, and deep condition because I needed a really deep clean and a thorough detangle.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Has any one tried high quality/salon quality gels? Im looking for something with a firm hold and wont flake but is not drging. I think cheap gels dry my hair out

GGsKin

Napp
I am loving Kinky Curly Curling Custard. My hair is usually soaking wet when I use it diluted. If I am smoothing my edges I spray my perimeter with water and rub that in first then apply a little undiluted. Wrap for a while with a silk scarf and that thing lasts me all day. Without drying or flaking. And I used to swear gels did nothing for me.

pattyr5

Napp The only Salon gel I ever used is the Curly Whip from Hair Rules. It's a HG gel for me, but I don't consider anything to be strong hold because I can't get a really good 2nd day out of ANY gel. But I love the way it glides onto my strands. It's not gluey like Eco Styler.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp
I am loving Kinky Curly Curling Custard. My hair is usually soaking wet when I use it diluted. If I am smoothing my edges I spray my perimeter with water and rub that in first then apply a little undiluted. Wrap for a while with a silk scarf and that thing lasts me all day. Without drying or flaking. And I used to swear gels did nothing for me.

Kinky curly didnt work for me but then again i used it early in my hair journey. Ijust went to ulta and bought a crapload of gel. :spinning:I will update yall soon

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I been liking pure shine curls lotion. It dries without a crunch. I have great curl definition

Attachments

• image-3364105960.jpg
    image-3364105960.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1819476163.jpg
    image-1819476163.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3217292934.jpg
    image-3217292934.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 45

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Well thank you...maybe I'm just a hater, lol. I'm in here jealous of you ladies who's hair looks like day one of the WNG for the whole week.

Mines never look like day 1 lol. As the days go by it gets bigger abd fluffier. Day 1 is usually flat.