Votes: 88 44.4%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 17 8.6%

• Total voters

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
As of today it should take me about 18 months to reach my ultimate goal of waist length. Summer '16 I will be there

Anaisin

I started from neck length Summer 2013, I'm almost bsl now so maybe 3 1/2 years until I reach my hip length goal.

ezina

I have, at most, 6 inches until WL. So I'm guessing I'll get there comfortably in 18 months. I'm still on track based on my original vote of 2-3 years.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I voted 1-2 years. My goal is Waist Length. I will probably get there at the fastest by year's end and slowest by middle of next year.

Or slowest, slowest by beginning of 2016. :rolleyes: 2014 was a total bust in the growth department.

SmilingElephant

It'll take me between 6 months to a year. I need about 3-5 inches and grow at about the average rate. I'm just trying to reach hip length. :)

PlainJane

My next goal is natural APL. It will probably take me 1 year.
Ultimate goal is MBL. I'm short so lord willing that will take two years.

kupenda

This wasn't a bad year for growth per se. It just wasnt as awesome as I was hoping for. Im just a smidge past APL, so ive reached my short term goal. I expect to be BSL by this time next year. But I want to thicken my hair and grow out some of this breakage in the crown. Happy to see im on track!

BranwenRosewood

This year wasn't to bad with growth and retention but I'm transitioning now so I'm not on track for HL 2016 anymore. I'm starting to care about lazy styling over length for now. As long as I can fit my hair into a nice bun or ponytail I'll be happy. I'm SL now and by the end of 2015 I should have BSL transitioning hair. I'll maintain that until I'm fully natural. Afterwards I may try for a longer length.

Last edited:

BonBon

My goal length is reached now. I'm collar bone length ish and could get to APL. Dont mind growing more for curiosities sake, but it's not a goal as I prefer medium hair.

My goal thickness will take 1-2 years. I've definitely not been delicate with my strands and I have some thin patches:perplexed

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I have no idea. I'm not consistent with my trims (I know, bad girl), so it seems like I'm trimming my growth away. I need to get it together, but I'm having such a hard time concentrating.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm giving myself until 12/31/2016 to make it to tailbone length. I made it from collarbone to midback in 2 years with two "major" trims (2 inches this year and about 3.5 in 2013). I think I can achieve tbl since I've committed to more protective/low manipulation styles, babying my ends and only doing necessary dustings (no more than 1/4 inch) twice a year.

snoop

I voted 1-2 years. I'm close to BSL now and I'm hoping to be WL by spring 2016. I'm thinking that I might end up extending my goal to HL which I think could reach that length by the end of that year.

MsKinkycurl

My dream length is between HL and TBL with a nice hemline. I'll give myself 4 years. I don't have kids yet but when I do I want to have super long hair through the pregnancy and their childhood and grow the girls' hair long too. I want them to not be able to understand where the rumor that kinky hair can't grow long came from.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HappilyLiberal

I voted 2-3 years for mid-back length. But, it could take much longer than that depending on what my hair decides it wants to do!

Misseyl

I started texlaxing in June 2013 and cut off my relaxed ends on 1/6/13. I believe withinin two/three years, if I don't see Sisterwithrealhair progress, then I'm gonna give up and start wearing big earrings.
Okay, I didn't see sistawithrealhair progress so I cut off my relaxed hair in April/May of 2014 and been rocking a fro every since. Now that I'm natural, I have hair growing in areas that wasn't growing when I was relaxed. My edges haven't gotten thicker but its growing in. I condition my hair under my Huetiful steamer every week and its a game changer. I'm also using my Q-Redew, which I use on my low porosity hair three times per week. Therefore, I can confidently predict that my hair will reach bra strap and more within three years (2018), God willing.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Sistawithrealhair is part of the reason I changed my regimen. She has great results with straightening once a month... Before this regimen I wigged it for 2-3 months at a time and I only straightened occasionally.

almond eyes

Okay, I didn't see sistawithrealhair progress so I cut off my relaxed hair in April/May of 2014 and been rocking a fro every since. Now that I'm natural, I have hair growing in areas that wasn't growing when I was relaxed. My edges haven't gotten thicker but its growing in. I condition my hair under my Huetiful steamer every week and its a game changer. I'm also using my Q-Redew, which I use on my low porosity hair three times per week. Therefore, I can confidently predict that my hair will reach bra strap and more within three years (2018), God willing.

Co signing with you. I also see the same for myself three years bra strap or longer.

God Willing.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Rina88

Just cut back to SL/CBL 2 weeks ago, I needed a change. I give it until Jan 2017 to BSL.