2014 Deep Condition Challenge

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm in! :yay:

I'm going to stick to DC'ing at least once a week, but I need to figure out protein vs moisture. For the most part, I'll deep condition overnight under a plastic cap and a terry turban. I also have a heat cap and a Hot Heads cap, so I'll probably use these on occasion as well. When I use a heat cap, I usually do a minimum of 20 minutes.

I have a ton of deep conditioners to use in the new year: Blended Beauty Curl Quenching Conditioner, Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment, My Honey Child Olive You Deep Conditioner, She Scent It Banana Brulee Moisturizing Deep Conditioner, She Scent It Riche Moisture Masque, Silk Dreams Avocado Pudding Conditioner, Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss, Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair, Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner, Curl Junkie Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment, Hairveda Moist Pro Conditioner, Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto

Last edited:

felic1

I am ready to get started. I will be under the portable dryer with SM retention mask, boobab mask, and an assortment of others.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I will continue to DC Bi-weekly with the following:

Moisture
  • SD Vanilla Silk Moisture Dream
  • SD Shea What!
  • SD Shea What! Deux

Protein
  • New Era Reconstructor (discontinued)
  • SD MSI
  • SSI Okra
  • Komaza Protein Strengthener*
  • HV Methi Sativa Set*

The next time I re-up on SD, I'll order the Avocado Pudding and Chocolate Bliss to see what all the hype is about.

*Products new to my regimen

ETA: I always DC with heat

Last edited:

CodeRed

Thanks for including me :) @Nix08

I just DC'd last night... The first stage was Hydrolyzed Collegen/SAA mix spray, tea spray and rice bran/grapeseed oil/msm mix (on scalp only) underneathe SSI Okra Reconstructor. I rinsed that out and did a moisture DC with Hydroquench Systems Peppermint DC mixed with a lot rice bran, grapeseed oils and MSM. This is the only way I can get my "hot oiling" done... my hair hates direct oils... but the good part is that it stretches all my dcs longer. I as much as I hate a lot of steps I had to do this because I really like the Okra DC and it's really recommended to follow the instructions and do a moisturzing treatment after.

I'll not DC again until this coming Sunday. I'm getting a touchup on Wednesday or Thursday.

Last edited:

nmartin20

I'm in! I will use my LCL steamer and therapy hair wrap. I have multiple conditioners that I need to try and finish up. PJ, over here!! I will steam my hair weekly probably 30-45 minutes after each wash. I love how my hair feels after each treatment. Currently, I have my hair in mini twists. I will start my 2014 journey after the take down....

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Sunday is 'fenugreek sunday' for me so I just made my paste and froze it.

My other usual dc day is friday, overnight to saturday.

When Scandal is on I throw in another dc prior to my cowash.

Rules for me to remember:
- Dry DC always
- Overnight DC's must be with minimal product so as my hair isn't wet
-Very little protein dc's on my ng
-Concentrate protein on my end
-Steam DC at least once a week
-Apply moisture DC's to ng relaxer style

Pennefeather

Definitely. I DC every week. Usually with ORS, but planning on spreading my wings in 2014 and trying lots of new things.

greenbees

Wow, I can't believe it's time for the 2014 challenge already! I'm hoping that keeping up with my weekly DC's will bump me to WL by summertime or at least early fall. :yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm in again! I will be rotating among Aubrey Organics, Giovanni, and Komaza Care conditioners:

Last edited:

JazzyOleBabe

Thanks for the tag. I am in this challenge. I promise to post every time I DC. I DC with every wash. The products vary according to what my hair requires at that time. I have numerous Protein and Moisturizing Conditioners that I will be using during the challenge.

Ms_CoCo37

Morning ladies!

I am in the process of assassinating the grays in my head. :brucelee::brucelee::brucelee::brucelee::brucelee:Then I'll DC under my steamer with my Alter Ego. :lick: It's gonna be a long day. :look:

Ms_CoCo37

Nix08, girl it's a covert mission over here. Those little suckers have been taunting me every time I look in the mirror. I tried to henna/indigo a few months ago. They scoffed at that and turned a lovely copper/gray. So I finally broke out the Oriental Black Bigen (2 boxes). I just washed it out and now I'm sitting under the steamer. Those suckers better be gone when I blow dry and straighten my hair.

xu93texas

I'm doing the last DC treatment for 2013. I co-washed with SSI Blueberry co-wash and DC with SSI Banana Brûlée under dryer for 30 minutes.

Rozlewis

DC'd with Hairveda's Sitrinillah (had a little left) and Silk Dreams VSD for 30 mins under my conditioning cap.

southerncitygirl

I just moistened my hair with water and applied Aubrey's HSR and detangled currently have a plastic bag on my head.....trying to decide btw cowashing with hydroquench systems cleansing condtioner or washing with giovanni poo, using komaza protein strengthener and conditioning with aubreys gbp. I will do so later as I will be taking care of cleaning up around the house and taking a nap,lol!

CityGirlLuv

I'm definitely in. I'm getting my hair braided Jan. 4th. I mostly use Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner and may also rotate with Le Kair's Hair Cholesterol.