MHM Hangout

faithVA

HELP! Im making my CLCT and it says to add ACV but I have very low porosity...can I omit it???

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

In the future low porosity ladies, you don't need to be afraid of acv in CLCT. The acv will blend with the rest of the ingredients. If you choose to leave it out get on strips so you aren't throwing the oh balance of the mixture off.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
In the future low porosity ladies, you don't need to be afraid of acv in CLCT. The acv will blend with the rest of the ingredients. If you choose to leave it out get on strips so you aren't throwing the oh balance of the mixture off.

OK faithVA.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
So I completed all the steps for day 1 and I'm on the fence about my results. Coils can definitely be felt at my scalp so I'm.happy about that and it gives me the motivation to continue.

Problem: my hair feels more dry and is more dull than the first two days post BC. What could be the reason and what can I do to fix it?? Anyone experience this and may have some suggestions?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm using rhassoul and not bentonite so it will be differently.

Yesterday I used 7 tbs of rhassoul and about 4 oz of hot water a squeeze of honey an oil. I put in about 1/4 acv. Then I just shake until it mixed. I add water a tbs at a time if it's too thick.
. faithVA you used only 7 tbs of clay?!? OK, I think I screwed up! I could swear I read use 1 cup of clay...was I wrong.

faithVA

So I completed all the steps for day 1 and I'm on the fence about my results. Coils can definitely be felt at my scalp so I'm.happy about that and it gives me the motivation to continue.

Problem: my hair feels more dry and is more dull than the first two days post BC. What could be the reason and what can I do to fix it?? Anyone experience this and may have some suggestions?

Tell us what you used after the CLCT.

faithVA

. faithVA you used only 7 tbs of clay?!? OK, I think I screwed up! I could swear I read use 1 cup of clay...was I wrong.

Pinkecube does say to use 1 cup but I only make enough for 1 wash. I tried the original recipe and it doesn't work for my hair. Its too drying and made my hair tangle.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Tell us what you used after the CLCT.

2. Tressamme Naturals (aloe vera/avocado. Steamed with it for 30 minuted or so uncovered. Rinsed

3. Mooraccan Red Clay mixed with water, honey and evoo. Rinsed.

4. Applied KCKT on soaking wet hair.

5. followed by KCCC.

I sat under the dry for about 20-30 minutes on cool air and let air dry the rest. It took over 4 hours to dry. Oh, I used oil on fingers to arrange hair when I was done. faithVA

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Pinkecube does say to use 1 cup but I only make enough for 1 wash. I tried the original recipe and it doesn't work for my hair. Its too drying and made my hair tangle.

I was pissed I had to use my whole tub of clay for one use. I had to go and buy 3 more today...I would have gotten more to complete the week but they only had 3 left.

In some spots, it seemed as tho the clay wouldn't adhere to my hair. I didn't use 3 cups of water either, that is ridiculous. I user 1.5 cups and it was still too watery. Tomorrow I'll use only one cup.

Im too embarrassed to show the mass of mess called hair in the back of my head. I don't understand what's going on! faithVA

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
KiWiStyle. I use 1cup of clay with about 1.5-2 cups of water and the consistency (to me) is perfect. Your hair might take a minute to reach maximum hydration. Will you DC overnight? When I 1st started I DC overnight the 1st couple of times that I did the MHM.

Guinan

Re-Branding
This app is horrible!!!! I had just typed up a message which included pics and it didnt upload:sad::sad::sad:.

I will try again.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
That's it!! I tried. I tried to upload more pics, but it only uploaded one.

@KiWiStyle. The one in August is right after I BCed and after I washed my hair. It was just a cotton ball of frizz and dryness:nono:

It may take a while for you to reach MHM. I'm still not there yet, but my hair is ALOT more manageable than it was in August.

Last edited:

faithVA

2. Tressamme Naturals (aloe vera/avocado. Steamed with it for 30 minuted or so uncovered. Rinsed

3. Mooraccan Red Clay mixed with water, honey and evoo. Rinsed.

4. Applied KCKT on soaking wet hair.

5. followed by KCCC.

I sat under the dry for about 20-30 minutes on cool air and let air dry the rest. It took over 4 hours to dry. Oh, I used oil on fingers to arrange hair when I was done. faithVA

I know your initial results are a bit unexpected but I wouldn't be worried just yet. The results vary for the first few washes. The dullness may be a result of the clay pulling toxins from your hair. Sometimes their is a detoxing period with the clay.

As far as being dry, try sticking with it for at least 3 to 4 washes before switching up anything to see if your hair adapts.

I have never used gel so can't help you to much there. Perhaps aharris23 can be of more assistance or one of the other gel users.

I wouldn't base too much on just 1 wash.

faithVA

[USER=353889 said:
pelohello[/USER];20917571]KiWiStyle. I use 1cup of clay with about 1.5-2 cups of water and the consistency (to me) is perfect. Your hair might take a minute to reach maximum hydration. Will you DC overnight? When I 1st started I DC overnight the 1st couple of times that I did the MHM.

Are you also using the NOW Mooraccan Red Clay?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
2. Tressamme Naturals (aloe vera/avocado. Steamed with it for 30 minuted or so uncovered. Rinsed 3. Mooraccan Red Clay mixed with water, honey and evoo. Rinsed. 4. Applied KCKT on soaking wet hair. 5. followed by KCCC. I sat under the dry for about 20-30 minutes on cool air and let air dry the rest. It took over 4 hours to dry. Oh, I used oil on fingers to arrange hair when I was done. faithVA Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I read somewhere where someone tried switching the clay step and the DC steps. I tried it and it made a difference on getting the clay out of my hair.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle. I use 1cup of clay with about 1.5-2 cups of water and the consistency (to me) is perfect. Your hair might take a minute to reach maximum hydration. Will you DC overnight? When I 1st started I DC overnight the 1st couple of times that I did the MHM.

pelohello I plan to DC overnight this time instead of steaming. I don't get why its drier than the two days post BC when I didn't do MHM.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
That's it!! I tried. I tried to upload more pics, but it only uploaded one.

@KiWiStyle. The one in August is right after I BCed and after I washed my hair. It was just a cotton ball of frizz and dryness:nono:

It may take a while for you to reach MHM. I'm still not there yet, but my hair is ALOT more manageable than it was in August.

Thank you for the visual, that's a long time to wait for MH. Im patient and I know the results take time but like I said, I was thrown off by the dryness afterwards. @pelhello

Guinan

Re-Branding
Ya'll I tried the giovanni LA hair gel and it was HORRIBLE!! I think I might take it back. It caused me tangles and it made my hair way to hard. I think I'll stick to my homemade FSG. Maybe I'll use it with using it with the flaxseed gel 1st and then use alittle for added defintion. We'll see. I did take pics of a before and after the gel. But b/c this app is so funny, I will have to upload them when I get home.

faithVA

[USER=323671 said:
KiWiStyle[/USER];20917935]faithVA yes.

I was asking peloHello. She was giving her recipe but I wasn't sure what clay she was using. The recipe has to match the clay. 1 cup of bentonite, uses a different amount of water than the red clay that you are using. And the rhassoul I am using would need a different amount. I was just asking what clay she was using for clarification.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Ya'll I tried the giovanni LA hair gel and it was HORRIBLE!! I think I might take it back. It caused me tangles and it made my hair way to hard. I think I'll stick to my homemade FSG. Maybe I'll use it with using it with the flaxseed gel 1st and then use alittle for added defintion. We'll see. I did take pics of a before and after the gel. But b/c this app is so funny, I will have to upload them when I get home.

I saw this gel yesterday vat Wf and was like OH-NO, that stuff will brick my hair.!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I was asking peloHello. She was giving her recipe but I wasn't sure what clay she was using. The recipe has to match the clay. 1 cup of bentonite, uses a different amount of water than the red clay that you are using. And the rhassoul I am using would need a different amount. I was just asking what clay she was using for clarification.

Oh OK, Lol.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I read somewhere where someone tried switching the clay step and the DC steps. I tried it and it made a difference on getting the clay out of my hair.

That makes so much since to me. I felt I should be DC after the clay step...I even reread the steps to make sure I didn't switch the steps up. I don't know if I want to experiment yet but I completely understand the logic. Cattypus1

faithVA

That makes so much since to me. I felt I should be DC after the clay step...I even reread the steps to make sure I didn't switch the steps up. I don't know if I want to experiment yet but I completely understand the logic. Cattypus1

Doing the clay after the conditioner works really well for low porosity hair because our cuticles are easily blocked. Reversing the step really doesn't work well for our hair because trying to put a leave-in on after deep conditioning is pretty ineffective. Some ladies have found the change works as well for them they probably are more the normal to high porosity ladies.

Guinan

Re-Branding

I use Bentonite clay. I also add 1 tsp of shea butter (not approved) instead of the olive oil in my mixture.

aharri23

Ok so I've noticed whenever I apply conditioner during step 2, I am getting those white gooey balls in some places kind of like my conditioner is mixing with the gel residue from the previous wash and go. I may try doing the clay step 1st and see if that fixes the problem. This happens with baking soda or ACV for step 1