Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
beautiful wngs, ladies!

My hair today. I used Olive Oil Eco Styler with Suave Damage Care mixed with safflower oil, and some Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab Thickening Growth Milk underneath. No activator gel today, trying something new. My hair is 65-70% dry:

:love: i wished my hair looked like yours!

Joigirl

Tried Jane Carter Smoothing Lotion based on a recommendation from a fellow natural. I have less definition but a lot more volume. This is a keeper!

Attachments

• image-668522157.jpg
    image-668522157.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 120

BillsBackerz67

Used only wen lavender as a leave in...day 3. Mad poofy but I don't mind it lol.

My trim is on Tuesday.

Attachments

• image-869917942.jpg
    image-869917942.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 97

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I feel like I have found what works for my hair and I like all I need is conditioner/cowash and a styler. That's all. Today I used Aussie moist and curls goddess curls.

Attachments

• image-1988500815.jpg
    image-1988500815.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
So, I used the Aunt Jackie's Flaxseed Enlongating Curling Gel yesterday. It smells sooo good, I like the consistency, and when my hair was wet my definition was amazing!! Heavy enough for my kinkier curls, while still being light enough for my very loose curls. But as it dried, my hair started losing definition :( The more it dried the more puffy and frizzy it looked :/ I'm going to try it again using a little more product, b/c other than that, I really liked it. Wet results:

Even my really weird texture in the front had some act right lol

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So lazy! I'm still trying to hype myself for this rollersetting business, lol.
with the wash n go you have instant gratification. You really plan to much for some styles. Spend an hour putting rollers twists or braids in then then spend hours waiting for it to dry. Then what do you do if it's not dry when your ready to go. With a wash n go it takes me 30 minutes or less to shingle my hair and it doesn't matter if it still wet by the time I'm ready to leave. My hair is not dripping wet when I'm ready to leave.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Day 5. Today the Kinky Curly is starting to flake which is to be expected. I didn't plan on going 5 days but I got lazy. I'll be cowashing at some point today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 100

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Was in a rush today I cowshed my hair did four big sections applied cantu curl activator gathered into ponytail. First one since bc.

Attachments

• image-2077553756.jpg
    image-2077553756.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3018564994.jpg
    image-3018564994.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

Had a great wash no go yesterday, love low humidity weather. I used wen summer coconut mango as a leave in for the first time and that's it. I can't wait until the summer so I can get it in the 32oz size. Oh and then life happened and I fell asleep without a scarf. Smh

Attachments

• image-3789408779.jpg
    image-3789408779.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3123502378.jpg
    image-3123502378.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 113

mssoconfused

So I started using Camille Rose Curlaide on my ends for my wash and go to help retain moisture. The heavy butter really seems to prevent my ends from drying as much.

pattyr5

It looks really good!

Thanks. I just don't get consistent results. Haven't found the right product combos yet. How are you ladies achieving multiple day WNG's ? I'm a big poof on day 2....which i no longer mind. But by day 3 it goes into a puff to be re washed.

BillsBackerz67

Thanks. I just don't get consistent results. Haven't found the right product combos yet. How are you ladies achieving multiple day WNG's ? I'm a big poof on day 2....which i no longer mind. But by day 3 it goes into a puff to be re washed.

Gel can extend mine for an extra week

BillsBackerz67

I notice a lot of people say this but I don't understand how they are preserving their hair because my hair gets smashed after day one

So does mine. It depends on how ur wearing your hair to sleep. When it was shorter I'd do one loose pony tail on top portion of my head and and other on the bottom. My hair was too short for a pineapple.

Now that it's longer If I fall asleep with out a scarf like I always do and I wake up looking crazy , I take a shower and remove my shower cap the last 2 minutes of my shower and the steam
Wakes it up. But gel keeps the hold of the curl in place. But as always what works for some doesn't work for others. You just have to keep trying different techniques until you get ur ah ha moment.

pattyr5

So does mine. It depends on how ur wearing your hair to sleep. When it was shorter I'd do one loose pony tail on top portion of my head and and other on the bottom. My hair was too short for a pineapple. Now that it's longer If I fall asleep with out a scarf like I always do and I wake up looking crazy , I take a shower and remove my shower cap the last 2 minutes of my shower and the steam Wakes it up. But gel keeps the hold of the curl in place. But as always what works for some doesn't work for others. You just have to keep trying different techniques until you get ur ah ha moment.

I'm wondering if a person just has to have a strong curl, like the kind that doesn't need any gel to hold it in place. I am using Ecostyler which feels like cement on the first day. But on day 2 and three all the gel feel is gone....and it took the definition along with it.

image-3427003800.jpg
Twist out on day 3

Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

I'm wondering if a person just has to have a strong curl, like the kind that doesn't need any gel to hold it in place. I am using Ecostyler which feels like cement on the first day. But on day 2 and three all the gel feel is gone....and it took the definition along with it. Twist out on day 3

I don't get good rests with eco styler at all. I think it's because of the glycerin. Same thing with the totally twisted gel from herbal essences it sucks in comparison to the Herbal essences set me up gel.....the culprit glycerin. The set me up gel doesn't contain glycerin which explains why I love that gel. The ampro styling gel which gives me the ultimate hold and makes my hair last...also glycerin free.

SweetlyCurly

I styled on Sunday with Xtreme gel. I remembered why I hadn't used in a while. Although I get long lasting wash n gos with this I don't get the volume I've been getting with curl creams.

Joigirl

I get at least 7 day hair with a good gel. Eco styler, Hello Curly, UFD and Kinky Curly provide good definition. I like curl creams too, but my hair is so dense that I have a lion's mane by day 3-4. That is fine for the weekend, but I can't have my hair that big at work.

I preserve my curls by putting it up in a pineapple at night and keeping my hands out of it. I don't refresh or add liquid unless it is an absolute necessity to get through the day. When it gets dry especially in the crown I wash and restyle. Refreshing seems to make my hair leech even more moisture. Sealing with a butter under my gel helps me retain moisture and soften the gel cast.

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Used curls unleashed leave in and set it off jelly

Attachments

• image-3064150525.jpg
    image-3064150525.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 69

pattyr5

I redid my wash and go with Elasta QP leave in, SM CES as my styler and Eco as my gel. I have a very loose curl in the front and top of my head. Do any of you have looser textures? Do you apply different products to those areas?

Attachments

• image-4000300939.jpg
    image-4000300939.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 67

sweetpea7

I redid my wash and go with Elasta QP leave in, SM CES as my styler and Eco as my gel. I have a very loose curl in the front and top of my head. Do any of you have looser textures? Do you apply different products to those areas?

Yes I have a few different textures but I find that applying products differently is a waste of time because my hair doesnt respond at all. The back is super curly coily and shrinks up to about 50% and the. Sides are wavy with 20% shrinkage

Attachments

• image-926943875.jpg
    image-926943875.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-100288756.jpg
    image-100288756.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 68

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I have only used the same products on my whole head. I have different curl patterns and textures throughout my head. My right side around my ear and nape is silky(weird). My left side above my ear there is a cotton like section that doesn't really curl. Overall my hair is very coily. How do you like the SM CES? I have that and gel and didn't like it at all. I only tried them once. I need to retry.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper

I have different textures on the same strand smh. For some reason a large section in the crown of my head grows bone straight from the root, turns into a wave about 2-3 inches down then becomes a springy coil at the very end. I don't use different products on the straight parts but I do apply less gel and I scrunch my roots to at least try to get them to wave. It's not heat damage because it's been like that my whole life. I've just learned to embrace it because I can't change it lol. The hair near my temples is wavy-straight and frizzy so it gets more product and more attention to lock in the wave and stop the frizz. Overall my entire head gets the same exact products, just more or less depending on the area.

pattyr5

stephanie75miller I use the SM CES mostly for the moisture because it does nothing in terms of curling my hair. But I find that using it under the Eco keeps my hair from getting crunchy. When I was transitioning my hair hated ALL Shea Moisture products.

KinksAndInk Most of my hair is like you describe...straight at root and then it waves. I don't like using too much gel in the front section to avoid a stringy look, but I was thinking of trying a curl crème instead. Lately I have been diffusing the front and bunching it up but the gel seems to set really fast.

sweetpea7 I'm in the 50 percent shrinkage club too and my entire strands don't even curls up. It's mostly the last 2 inches that will coil.