2015 APL/BSL Challenge

Queensheba88

Now i can finally join!!

Current hair length: shoulder length
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: relaxed
Goal Month: Dec 2015
Current Reggie and styling choices: Stick to my regime...wigs!!!!
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Less heat
Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• 20141219_120422-1-1.jpg
    20141219_120422-1-1.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

apple_natural

Finally. I put in my twists. The only bad part is that I wish I would have blown out my hair. By the time I realized how fuzzy they looked I was in the front and tired.... so I just finished. I will probably have to redo ones that look bad. I will look more closely in the morning. Hopefully they are OK overall or else they are coming out

PlainJane

I know I am so late to trying this product but I am in love with oyin hair dew. Can't wait to see how my hair feels in a week so I can declare it as a staple. I'm going to try their juices products next.

curls4daze

I know I am so late to trying this product but I am in love with oyin hair dew. Can't wait to see how my hair feels in a week so I can declare it as a staple. I'm going to try their juices products next.

I was late too. I wanted to get a liter next time but Target has free shipping today so I ordered through them. If you wanted more free shipping until midnight.

kupenda

DCing with Silk Elements MegaSilk. I have a little irritation on my scalp from where my half wig sits. Im going to remove the back combs and start greasing that part of my scalp to prevent any future issues

ETA: Much better results this time around with Silk Elements. It must have been the heat. I'll stick with that. Abt to grease my scalp with Liquid Gold Tea-Coco Butter, as its thicker than Green Magic and more slippery, less "fragrant" (read: odorous), and cuz I just haven't used it in a few days.

Last edited:

SpiritJunkie

Gave my hair major love this weekend. Hard core aphogee treatment and deep conditioning. I did a length check and i;m doing pretty good. will be braided & back in my wig in a few days.

PerfectlyFlawed

Just co-washed with Herbal Essence Conditioner, now drying in two braids ... let's pray for a nice braid out tomorrow

Last edited:

apple_natural

My twists actually look pretty good. Yay! Happy dance! !

I will just spray with rose/glycerin water while in twists. Deep condition before taking them out. I'm thinking of replacing them with marley hair in about 2 weeks

beauti

sooo...i change my mind :look: I will straighten my hair for the holidays. Can't wait to see my length. I bc'ed in June to about ear length.

naija24

throwing my hair in the ring.

Current Length: SL
Hair: I'm not doing a big chop, but I don't consider myself natural. IDK lol
Goal Month: I'd like to be at APL in the back by June
Current Reggie: Wash weekly, Prepoo with JBCO, DC with heat, Airdry for 20 minutes, then blowout with heat, Straighten with one pass.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL: no trims, bun most of the week, MS daily with heavy butters
Post a beginning picture: I'll post my beginning picture this weekend!!

Leo24Rule

Today ends the laziness right here and now. I've been wearing nothing but wigs and not caring for my hair. My hair has been neglected and so disgusting, but I will wash today b/c it is my company dinner Christmas party tonight with my boyfriend as my date. Gotta look bomb.com! :)

kupenda

Tons of compliments from the besties on my new 'do! I'll pick up another one of her next month, and Im still thinking about getting the Kinky Curl Out unit from Fingercomber. My hair is doing well underneath, but I may try out a wig cap or baggy underneath. My hair doesnt feel quite as juicy as I'd like.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay ladies I ordered some Burmese deep curly in 18in, 20in, & 22in with a 16in closure from one of the ladies on BHM who is a stylist that was going into business to start selling hair. Please dont ask me for prices as she does have a price list and I was interested solely in this hair. I will include her info below if you'd like to inquire. Anyway I placed my order on Nov 14th and she had an issue with her wefter which she did give me options. I chose to wait for my hair as the pictures she sent me of previous hair was beautiful. She was very professional the whole time and kept me updated on my order. I love superb customer service. I'm so glad I waited. She made me a stunningly gorgeous unit out of the hair I ordered. When I tell you ladies this hair is bomb I mean it is bomb. Of course I'll give another review once I wear the hair and see how it behaves. I cowashed the hair when I rcvd it with suave hemuctant moisture con and used a tiny bit of shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie then let it air dry a little before diffusing. The curls are just breathtaking. I cannot explain it in other way. Anyway pics below are of the hair wet after cowashing and then the last two is the hair dry and me with it on. Sorry for the no makeup face but I was too excited. The stylist info is Chevel Johnson anf her email address is [email protected]
I'm telling you that you wont be disappointed in this hair.

View attachment 289887

View attachment 289889

View attachment 289891

View attachment 289893

View attachment 289895

View attachment 289897

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today's blowout. My longest layer is touching the top of my brastrap :yay: I should be able to officially claim Bsl by March/April.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1419389907640.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1419389907640.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20141223_193809.jpg
    20141223_193809.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 48

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Okay ladies I ordered some Burmese deep curly in 18in, 20in, & 22in with a 16in closure from one of the ladies on BHM who is a stylist that was going into business to start selling hair. Please dont ask me for prices as she does have a price list and I was interested solely in this hair. I will include her info below if you'd like to inquire. Anyway I placed my order on Nov 14th and she had an issue with her wefter which she did give me options. I chose to wait for my hair as the pictures she sent me of previous hair was beautiful. She was very professional the whole time and kept me updated on my order. I love superb customer service. I'm so glad I waited. She made me a stunningly gorgeous unit out of the hair I ordered. When I tell you ladies this hair is bomb I mean it is bomb. Of course I'll give another review once I wear the hair and see how it behaves. I cowashed the hair when I rcvd it with suave hemuctant moisture con and used a tiny bit of shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie then let it air dry a little before diffusing. The curls are just breathtaking. I cannot explain it in other way. Anyway pics below are of the hair wet after cowashing and then the last two is the hair dry and me with it on. Sorry for the no makeup face but I was too excited. The stylist info is Chevel Johnson anf her email address is [email protected]
I'm telling you that you wont be disappointed in this hair.

Really dang pretty. Looks great on you too.

Actually identical to my DD's hair, a silky type 3a. Wait. Lemme go play in her hair real quick :lol:

kupenda

Tonight's Hair Shenanigans:
-spritz with Oyin Juices and Berries
-take down and redo twists with bask Silk and Honey Latte
-massage scalp with Green Magic

Currently under 2 plastic caps to baggy while I watch harry potter!

Leo24Rule

Merry Christmas everyone! Been moisturizing my hair daily since my last hair wash. I'm currently wigging it with my new wig I bought last week. <Sings Snoop: "I love it.."

kupenda

My family called me Solange for Christmas lol. Hope you guys are having fun! The festivities are over for me, so I just got in a little while ago. Cowashed with Miss Jessies, a few minutes with Hairveda Acai Phyto, and the rest of my shower with Yes To Carrots conditioner. Gonna air dry about 80 %, detangle/moisturize with bask Silk and Honey, seal with Liquid Gold Tea Coco butter, and go back in my Solange wig tomorrow!

gvin89

Anybody here wearing crochets? How long do you keep them in and what's your maintenance regimen?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Anybody here wearing crochets? How long do you keep them in and what's your maintenance regimen?

I'm not wearing them but I do them on ny sister and girls. I usually only leave them in 3 weeks to a month bc i use synthetic hair and it doesn't last long especially how crazy they all sleep and the hair mats like crazy. Anyway when I do their braid downs I apply a leave in, oil and sealer bc I dont wash their hair until the 3 week mark. I do use a light oil like jojoba or almond on their scalp to make sure it doesnt get dry. If I could leave the crochets in longer I would wash their hair /scalp once a week.