Got My Weave Done by DontSpeakDefeat (pics & video)

westNDNbeauty

OP will you be going back for maintenance? Did she put you on a schedule? I know she trained with Reniece so I'm trying to get as much info before making my own appointment.

Well, Tamika told me what to do to maintain the weave and my hair. I'm sure setting appointments for maintenance is no biggie and she would be willing to take care of that for you.

Last edited:

starchgirl

OP - your weave is so gorgeous! There is no way someone could tell! Can you please tell us why you decded to leave out hair instead of getting a full install? Thanks!

westNDNbeauty

OP - your weave is so gorgeous! There is no way someone could tell! Can you please tell us why you decded to leave out hair instead of getting a full install? Thanks!

Thanks. I left out hair because all of the full weaves I've seen, it looks like a weave. I'm already self-conscious about having someonelse's hair weaved into my own. Also, full weaves don't pony-tail too well. With this, there is almost no evidence of it being a weave.

MrsIQ

I have never wanted to get weaved up UNTIL TODAY!

I'm rocking this after my braids come out!

nakialovesshoes

westNDNbeauty

I have kept this thread stored in my memory & I really think I may take the plunge in a few months & go see Tamika. I remember in one of your videos you said that you didn't think that 2 packs were needed. So is 1 pack sufficient or will I need part of the 2nd pack as well?

Are you still in your weave? If not how long did you keep it? Any extra reviews you want to give would be appreciated. TIA...

westNDNbeauty

nakialovesshoes

2 full packs aren't needed, but you will need to purchase 2 packs. I kept the weave in for exactly a month. Since I'm not used to wearing weaves, it became a bit much for me to leave it in longer. Spur of the moment I had my sis take it out. Honestly, I could have worn for another month an a half and would have been safe. Tamika's technique for sewing it in is something fierce -- there were no loose tracks at all even though I washed 3 times (with a whole bunch of scalp rubbing).

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
@nakialovesshoes

2 full packs aren't needed, but you will need to purchase 2 packs. I kept the weave in for exactly a month. Since I'm not used to wearing weaves, it became a bit much for me to leave it in longer. Spur of the moment I had my sis take it out. Honestly, I could have worn for another month an a half and would have been safe. Tamika's technique for sewing it in is something fierce -- there were no loose tracks at all even though I washed 3 times (with a whole bunch of scalp rubbing).
Girl Thanks!! :yep: :yep: I am glad you enjoyed having it in. I used to be like that, only wearing my weaves for 4-5 weeks but now. I leave them in for 3 months at a time. Don't have much time for hair so this works perfect.