WIG CHALLENGE 2012

yodie

Chameleonchick

I LOVEEEEE this wig. I wear my hair in flat twists underneath my wig, but I leave out two single twists in the bang area. Sort of looks like antlers. I unravel the two twists, finger comb those, I put the wig on and kind of push the unraveled twists up some. Hope that makes sense. In other words, I don't really have any hair that's individually out and flowing in the breeze. I just have enough 'humped up there' so you don't see the demarcation line of where the wig begins.

I also have my stylist trim the wig to fit my face. I even wash it. LOVE IT!!

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
June 21st I have an appointment to get my hair blown out and cornrowed.

I just tookdown my last set of cornrows on Sunday. I had them in for 5 weeks and 3days.

Right now I am just wearing my hair in a bun for my 10 day "break".

tallnomad

tallnomad, hey lady. How r u? My hair is finally back on track, but I have a lot of making up to do.

My hair tends to feel dry after I baggy. Am I doing something wrong?
I don't baggy with any products.

Hey! I'm dong well. Glad that your hair is back! I'm working on making it to BSL via the wigs.

I always wanted to buy the half wigs, but couldn't figure out what to do with my thick, coarse hair in the front. But, I make a few very tiny double strand twists and they blend in with my curly wigs and the wet and wavy ones. The rest of my hair is in Celie braids. I'm years late to the half wig bandwagon, but I love them and pray that they get me to MBL soon!

yodie

tallnomad, you'll get there.

Curly wigs makes blending alot easier.

I've had so many setbacks that I'm STILL not even full shoulder length. How discouraging. Sometimes I think my hair just doesn't grow.

aa9746

@tallnomad, you'll get there.

Curly wigs makes blending alot easier.

I've had so many setbacks that I'm STILL not even full shoulder length. How discouraging. Sometimes I think my hair just doesn't grow.

How long do you keep your hair braided under your wigs?

gabulldawg

Just wanted to check in! Back to wigging it! Not sure how long it will last. I was getting sick of my hair and needed a break. I'm rocking a really cute half wig by model model, but I don't know the name. :sad: it's actually an old wig that I pulled out and brought back to life. :lol: I need to figure out the name because I want another one. It's almost waist length with pretty loose barrel curls. I will plan to take pics soon and post when I get a chance.

lamaria211

Checking in still wiggin it (against the dh wishes:( ) he'll be ok I plan on cutting back after I hit bsl which should be at the end of this yr:)

yodie

lamaria211, Does dh complain? Sometimes I wonder how the husbands feel about it. Do you sleep in your wig, or do you take it on/off as you please? Is your hair done underneath?
I'm not married or seriously dating, so I'm trying to get my hair right before any of that happens. My hair is never done under my wig, so thank God no one can see it. lol!

lamaria211

yodie said:
lamaria211, Does dh complain? Sometimes I wonder how the husbands feel about it. Do you sleep in your wig, or do you take it on/off as you please? Is your hair done underneath?
I'm not married or seriously dating, so I'm trying to get my hair right before any of that happens. My hair is never done under my wig, so thank God no one can see it. lol!

I only wear my wig when im out and about my hair is always in some type of small braids underneath my satin bonet. He only started complaining when I straightened my hair and wore it out (for my labor n delivery) and he saw how much it had grown. He said " woman y u keep buying hair and you got your own"!! He says it jokingly but he really does hate them:)

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I just got back from getting my hair shampooed, dc'd, blowdried and cornrowed.

Ready for the next 5 week stretch of wiggin it!

My husband hates wigs too. It's strange however. When I wear a long wig, he is more attentive, flirty and complimentary. I have concluded most men just like long hair

:feedback: How do you workout in your wigs? Do you have any tips or best practices to prevent fainting on the gym floor due to the heat being generated under the wig? Please advise. :perplexed

gabulldawg

:feedback: How do you workout in your wigs? Do you have any tips or best practices to prevent fainting on the gym floor due to the heat being generated under the wig? Please advise. :perplexed

:blush: I never work out in a wig. I wear a half wig so the back part of my hair is braided up neatly and I keep the front in 3 rollers.

gabulldawg

my dh actually loves when I wear a realistic wig. He will be quick to let me know if a wig looks too fake or if I didn't blend it enough. :lol: That's why I've stuck with half wigs. I'd love to eventually get a glueless lace wig, but they are pretty steep.

JJamiah

I wear my braids a max of 4 weeks, my usual weeks are 3. I leave it out for one week. I don't work out in a wig, however, I wear my wig cap with a head wrap on.

I enjoy my wigs, right now I am wearing Kay in BLack with white streaks. I don't know what I am wearing for my vacation. I am thinking to wear a half wig, for ease and security :yep: :grin:

ResultsMayVary

i have reached my goal of APL this month when I straightened my hair a few weeks ago so I am very happy. I do need to up my moisture though so I am really taking the time to do that and really baby my ends. here is my starting pic that was taken 2 months ago:

here are some units that i have worn over the past few months:

right now i am venturing off to upart wigs and i recently purchased one from a cv however my hair is not blending with it the way that i want so i have decided to sell it. i have posted it downstairs in the exchange forum so if anyone is interested pls contact me.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=615343

Where can I find that first wig, it's so pretty!

clevagirl73

I have been primarily wearing synthetic curly half wigs. With my pronounced widow's peak, it's nearly impossible to find a wig that isn't $200+. But half wigs have been a lifesaver as I workout about 5-6 days a week and I need a quick way to style my hair for work.

gabulldawg

I have been going strong in the wig challenge for about a month. I have been rocking half wig berrytini by model model. I love it and get tons of complements on it!.I've missed wearing half wigs.

gabulldawg

Can I share pics of my wig? I will probably post in the various other wig threads. :lol:

Attachments

• IMAG2504.jpg
    IMAG2504.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG2505.jpg
    IMAG2505.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 97