Greenhouse Effect Challenge

Love Always

ReignLocks, you don't have to make an oil concoction. Me personally I would just stick with one oil, so if you like jojoba oil stick with it :yep:.

This is going on my second week of the GHE and at first I was using coconut oil but for the past two days I've used JBCO and I like it better than coconut oil for this method!

napbella

ReignLocks and Love Always--same thing happened to me. Relaxed my hair on 1 April and a week later I had the same crunchy feeling at the roots, and I put my oil on before GHE. Now of course I would like to think "ooh new growth!" but it really had me baffled until I read your post ReignLocks and figured its prob the GHE method I'm using. I know I didnt underprocess because I felt a little tingling before I washed out the relaxer and my hair was pretty straight until a week later. It's no big deal to me but I did notice this. Any comments or suggestions?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Checking in. I used Original Moxie products on my hair and sealed with castor oil through out the length and concentrated on my ends. My scalp feels FAB! I think this is a keeper when I can't co-wash often. My grass has been thoroughly moisturized and happy. Thanks for starting this baggy challenge. :yep:

I think the part that really does it for me is the conditioner/leave-in topped off with a light coating of castor oil. westNDNbeauty gave me the idea when she blogged about the Huetiful, the effects of the conditioner sold with it, and steaming with plain conditioner and oil. It REALLY works. :kiss: And I can hold off a little bit longer on buying a steamer. :lol:

DivaJones

ReignLocks and Love Always--same thing happened to me. Relaxed my hair on 1 April and a week later I had the same crunchy feeling at the roots, and I put my oil on before GHE. Now of course I would like to think "ooh new growth!" but it really had me baffled until I read your post ReignLocks and figured its prob the GHE method I'm using. I know I didnt underprocess because I felt a little tingling before I washed out the relaxer and my hair was pretty straight until a week later. It's no big deal to me but I did notice this. Any comments or suggestions?

When I relax and do the GHE I will moisturize and seal first, put my head scarf on next, then my shower cap, and finally a beanie to hold the shower cap! I have not had these problems that you ladies are having. Try this way and see if it works better for you! HHG!!!:drunk::drunk::spinning::spinning::yep::yep:

DivaJones

I am doing a pre-poo prior to my co-wash today so I have the EVOO on my hair with my shower cap, head scarf, and beanie on my head to have more heat!!!! Lets get it GHE

DivaJones

Did it last night after moisturizing my hair with water.

It could be my imagination, but I think my hair grew 1" in this past month. I had a lock I had to cut out of my hair which left me a tiny piece 2.5" long. I measured last night and its now 3.5. My hair does grow faster in the back. Now if only I can retain my hair better. :look: My hair overall is almost the same length as it was last summer...wonder why that is.

I couldn't tell you why that is either. Have you been taking pictures just to keep up with you progress? I know sometimes we get so caught up in our hair that if feels as if its not growing and it really is.:yep: I would say take a picture this month and wait until May/June or July to take another picture to see your progress!:spinning::drunk:

lilyofthenile

Posted starting pics on my 'marked spot'. I've been GHEing for about four weeks now, didn't do a lot of it last week as I was detangling and removing yarn braids, but I've been back and done it three times so far since that 'break'. I GHE-d last night with Root 2 Tip Scalp Hydration Serum..

naturalagain2

I've been lurking in this thread:look: and for the very first time last night I did the GHE on my head last night. I didn't put any products on my head because I already had products on my head from cowashing the night before. Let me tell you! this morning my hair was soooo soft, it was already soft but it was exxxtra soft :drool: and moisturized. I'm putting my hair in braids the end of next month but best believe I will be doing this 3x a week until then. Thanks for this thread!
*Back to lurk mode*

ResultsMayVary

Kind of off topic but not really, I used this method on my nightly flat twists and took the shower cap off in the middle of the night to avoid dampness and in the morning and I had the best definition ever.. hope that helps someone, Lol :perplexed

MsChelle

ResultsMayVary said:
Kind of off topic but not really, I used this method on my nightly flat twists and took the shower cap off in the middle of the night to avoid dampness and in the morning and I had the best definition ever.. hope that helps someone, Lol :perplexed

I did the same thing on a braid out yesterday. Best braid out I have ever had.

DivaJones

Today I GHE while on my lunch break and now that I am off work I don't have to moisturize and seal so I am going to GHE up until its time for me to wake up in the morning

DivaJones

Heads up ladies...... The more water you consume the more you have with hair growth!!!! I am drinking 1.8 liters a day!!!!! Get your drink on(water)

Valerie

I like to say wish everyone success with this challenge. I have already started doing this, I have noticed that my roots feel a lot thicker.

growinstrong

thx for the tip, I will be drinking 1 liter as well. Oh, I've secretly joined this challenge in which yesterday was my 1st day. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, can you say da bomb? Easy enough for me to do everyday so that's what I'm aiming for using olive, castor or coconut as my oil choices.

Heads up ladies...... The more water you consume the more you have with hair growth!!!! I am drinking 1.8 liters a day!!!!! Get your drink on(water)

Love Always

Still going on strong. I switched to using coconut oil last week but now I'm back to JBCO. My hair is alot softer using the JBCO, if ain't broke :drunk:!

DivaJones

thx for the tip, I will be drinking 1 liter as well. Oh, I've secretly joined this challenge in which yesterday was my 1st day. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, can you say da bomb? Easy enough for me to do everyday so that's what I'm aiming for using olive, castor or coconut as my oil choices.

Most people think that wearing a shower cap is for people who have jeri curls! I love it and can not wait to see my results July 1st. I will be relaxing June 22, 2012!

MsChelle

Added vatika oil to the length of my hair with the intent to wash it this morning. When I took my shower cap off my hair felt so nice I decided to wait to wash it tonite.

ojemba

DivaJones said:
Yes you can! When I had micros I did this every night before bed.

I have in a weave and just sprayed my cornrows with my oil/water spritz put on a shower cap and a satin cap. I'll be doin this every other day going forward.

MangaManiac

If it's not too late, I will also be doing this starting from tomorrow. I'm going to be co-washing 3-5 times a week (due to the gym), applying sulfur to my scalp, M&S-ing, and this will finish it all up nicely. I won't be able to post pics until Saturday when I flatiron my hair.