Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

I've joined the rollersetting "challenge" thread lol and am currently trying to perfect that. I haven't done a full flat iron job in months and my hair loves me for it. I hope to be able to update with some kind of hip length by the end of December lol. I'm at waist now but the front areas are more like armpit to mbl. My hair grows in layers and I'm sick of that! I think my growth has slowed too :(. I measured my hair at 23 inches and I didn't make any notes but I feel like I've been there for a while. I'd better have another inch by the end of the year.

I'm here. Lately I don't even look at my hair during the week. I use to pull some hair down every once in awhile to see how long it has grown....wait, I still do that :lol:. My hair is doing well. Next month I will be doing some dusting. I plan on getting one of those snake drain cleaner things to clean my drain of hair. Well I'm gonna let dh do it. Because with how long my hair is, I'm sure I would be freaked the hell out :perplexed.

Okay my post looks crazy :lol:. What I mean is usually during the week I co-wash it and play in it and put it back up after oiling it. Now a days I just put it in a bun on sunday evening and leave it alone period until Friday :look:. I've just had so much to do during the week it's like I forget I even have hair, until the weekend lol.

This is excellent for your hair. So long as it's moisturized leaving it alone is probably the greatest thing you can do to preserve the health. I need to find a balance with mine, I fuss with it wayyyy too much. If I could leave my hair alone for one year I'd probably have my ideal length. Just one year but I just won't do it. I need my hair in my life lol.

Ms Lala

Hi Ladies!!!!

My LO is now 5 weeks so I'm trying to get bk into a hair routine. I have really been focused on her and I let my hair care go. I put my hair in twists before going into the hospital so they were in for way too long. I was just so busy w/her, I kept planning to take them out and it never happened. I ended up having to cut some knots out of my hair when I finally took them down over the weekend. Overall the damage wasn't too bad though considering how long I went w/o combing. I think I'm going to stick w/no heat and low mani styles until December. I'm not really focused on length right now though just getting my hair bk healthy. Then I can go from there. ON a good note my hair growth seems to be back to normal. It really slowed down when I was pregnant.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Good to see you back Ms Lala. And again, congrats on a safe, healthy delivery.

Ok so, I henna and indigo'd my hair over the weekend. On a good note, I love how my hair feels in the shower immediately after henna. It's so thick. I love it.

But, on the other hand, my relaxed ends are driving me up a wall. Oh, they look so scrawny and pitiful by comparison.

I did an overnight DC and then an oil rinse after my treatments and then put my hair in a ponytailed bun to airdry. Now that my hair is dry, I find that it has clumped and shrunken. *sigh* This hair is going right back into cornrows.

I'm really tempted to go ahead and at least start doing some major cuts to get rid of these bonelaxed ends (keep in mind that I'm texlaxed and 7 months post). I don't know what I'm trying do with this hair.

Nina Pruitt's BC makes me want to just go ahead and just get it over with. I don't really want to go shorter than mbl but, with shrinkage that's still too short. smh. I just don't know what I want to do with this hair. I know good and well I'm not going to be flat ironing my hair to get it straight. But, I want a decent amount of length to show if I wear it out.

What to do? What to do?

(same question. different day) :rolleyes:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
LOL, yeah girl I ended up cutting off some thin ends months ago I think the last time I relaxed. It's somewhere burried in this thread.

Sent from my Zio

@~ShopAholic~

Oh okay. I definitely hear you on cutting those thin ends. I'm in a cutting state of mind myself. :perplexed

Janet'

So, Ladies...Just wanted to let you know that I changed my hair color...no more blonde!!

Of course, I'm miles from HL, but...I have retained since July so perhaps I will be able to get on the fast track of retention with this darker color!

The third pic is from July and the 1st two are from yesterday...

Attachments

• October 29 Length Check 2011 005.JPG
    October 29 Length Check 2011 005.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 51
  • October 29 Length Check 2011 007.JPG
    October 29 Length Check 2011 007.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 59
  • July Hair Update 012.JPG
    July Hair Update 012.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 54

NikkiGirl

janet. I love the new color and I definitely see your retention. Now that you have addressed the reason you weren't retaining you will there there in no time. HHG!

FoxxyLocs

I've been feeling kind of discouraged about my hair lately. I keep cutting because I still feel like my ends are in bad shape, but really they aren't that bad. I have SSKs but not very many splits. Every time I cut, I say I'm done but then the next time I look at my hair, I cut just a little more. I just need to leave it alone. I flat ironed last night (not completely straight), but I think I'm going to keep my hair straight for a while and hopefully that will cut down on SSKs. I need to baby my ends more instead of cutting. I also need to buy a blow dryer to make straightening easier. I've been so worried about using to much heat, but with all this hair, airdrying and rollersetting is not going to cut it.

For the next two months I will be DCing weekly, air drying, blow drying on cool, and then bunning. I'll flat iron every 2-3 weeks maybe. Hopefully I will start to see some improvement, because with all this cutting I'm hanging on to WL by a thread.

JJamiah

Okay so I think next year I will continue to trim my hair back. WHIP length is reached :)
Next year is Trim back mode, April, July I will get trims :) and show my pics then.

I want my ends in great shape, they are fine now but I want nice bulky ends. Full luscious locks :giggle:

I am off to take my babies trick or treating chat later :)

BostonMaria

So, Ladies...Just wanted to let you know that I changed my hair color...no more blonde!!

Of course, I'm miles from HL, but...I have retained since July so perhaps I will be able to get on the fast track of retention with this darker color!

The third pic is from July and the 1st two are from yesterday...

Beautiful! I thought you were going to dye your hair dark brown

FoxxyLocs

I'm revamping my regimen again. What I'm doing has been working, but it takes too long. I'm going to cut back my shampoos to once or twice a month, but I'll still DC weekly. I'm also going to stop braiding my hair when I wash, and just pin it up in sections instead. This way I can oil rinse, DC, and then detangle as my last step. And lastly I'll be blow drying at least twice a month instead of air drying. When I don't blow dry I'll probably just bun for the week. Hopefully this will shorten my wash day routine and make styling a little easier.

Sent from my HTC Evo