Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

JJamiah

I am wigging it up until APRIL, APRIL you hear! I totally was missing it all this year. LOL
I wigged it up towards the ending half which is okay. I love just working out and handling my business without worries about my hair. MY skin is also looking absolutely beautiful. Not that it was bad before but it wasn't as smooth and moisturized :)

NikkiGirl

I'm thinking about heat training, or at least wearing my hair straight more often. My old styles just dont look the same at this length. Its much harder to blend all my textures (see blog post for details).

I'm thinking I will flat iron once a month and wear braided or twisted styles in between.

I finally got a good trim. My ends feel much better. I should be good until december. No pics cuz I'm in the HYH challenge.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I am thinking of wearing my hair straight a little more often as well. I have so tired of wearing my hair up! BORING!

BostonMaria

So guess what I did? Clipped about an inch or so off of each of my 8 or 9 braids.

Yikes! Well what's done is done. Let us know how it looks. I'm sure its fine.

I'm thinking I will flat iron once a month and wear braided or twisted styles in between.

I finally got a good trim. My ends feel much better. I should be good until december. No pics cuz I'm in the HYH challenge.

I like to flatiron at least once a month. I find that its easier for me to take care of my hair in a stretched state than it is to allow it to curl on itself. I get more knots that way. My hair still shrinks up to my ears and that's not a good thing :nono: because it causes ssk's.

oh yeah, sorry i've been m.i.a... th internet service out here sucks so bad!!!!!

Mo how is India? How do the people treat you?

I am wigging it up until APRIL, APRIL you hear! I totally was missing it all this year. LOL

Wow that's a long time! I wish you luck!!! I've been wearing my hair in mostly ponytails. I need to hide my ends more often.

I am thinking of wearing my hair straight a little more often as well. I have so tired of wearing my hair up! BORING!

Like I said earlier, wearing it straight helps me out. When I let my hair shrink I find way too much hair on my comb.

AS FOR ME...
I cut bangs, but don't worry I didn't cut anywhere else :lol: Its been hot & humid lately so altho I did a length check my hair is kinda frizzy so I won't be doing a length check till I go to the salon. It looks like I'm about an inch away from hip length... hooray! :drunk:

Last edited:

JJamiah

BostonMaria I am still doing my heavy work outs so I need a careless hair style LOL.
thanks because afterward I think I will be back to bunning it up and wearing it out only for special occasions.

Dee Raven

Hey everyone, seems like we've reached the hump season of the year. I have been juggling ideas of cutting and relaxing in the last few weeks. My hair is driving me crazy. It is super dry right now. I don't want to straighten because I really think that's why I've had to cut so much this year. This week I'm going to try sealing with grease. My mother has been doing this for over a year and her hair is so strong. We'll see what happens.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I have not relaxed yet. Hopefully I'll have time this wknd and i've been thinking of coloring the top portion of my hair. I've been toying with color for years but after giving DD highlights I am sure I am going to finally do them.
My hair is still in 4 french braids I have just been moisturizing them.

Sent from my Zio

FoxxyLocs

I washed out my press. Hooray for no heat damage! Having straight hair was cool for a minute, but it was a lot of hair. It was a little overwhelming. I only wore it down for two days and then it was in a bun until I wet it in the shower. I'm going to have my mom braid or twist my hair for me this weekend. I had given up on my twists, but I'm going to try again now that I've gotten my ends trimmed. Maybe I won't have as many issues with knots.

How do you ladies normally wear your straight hair?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
My hair has really been cooperating with me lately. I DC last night, oiled and detangled. I had no tangling issues, normal shedding and my hair felt long, strong and healthy. I have no complaints and I'm 22 wks into a stretch. Looking good...feeling good. :dance7:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I finally relaxed today at 31 weeks post! I used the Proclaim Argan Oil Mild for the first time on myself and itturned out good. I still use the Pratale Afterglow after rinsing relaxer out before shampooing with the Proclaim Argan Oil Neutralizing shampoo, then I applied Aphoghee 2 minute DC for like 5 minutes. I'm DC now as I type with Proclaim Argan Oil Hydrating Mask under my lovely dryer.
Oh yeah, I think I'll put my hair in 4 french braids the wk before relaxing because it made everything quick and easy!

Sent from my Zio

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I finally relaxed today at 31 weeks post! I used the Proclaim Argan Oil Mild for the first time on myself and itturned out good. I still use the Pratale Afterglow after rinsing relaxer out before shampooing with the Proclaim Argan Oil Neutralizing shampoo, then I applied Aphoghee 2 minute DC for like 5 minutes. I'm DC now as I type with Proclaim Argan Oil Hydrating Mask under my lovely dryer.
Oh yeah, I think I'll put my hair in 4 french braids the wk before relaxing because it made everything quick and easy!

Sent from my Zio

Yay! I can't wait to see pics! (*smooth hint*) :grin:

BostonMaria

Yay! I can't wait to see pics! (*smooth hint*) :grin:

Umm hellz yeah you can't post something like that and not show pictures! LOL :lachen:

Sent from my Zio

Looking forward to seeing the results

FoxxyLocs

I don't know if I'll make it to HL by thy end of the year. Right now I'm still at WL due to trimming. I'm not doing anymore trims this year, so we'll see. I should at least be close. Is there going to be a TBL 2012 challenge?

Sent from my HTC Evo

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Kevin Hart came to Atlanta for one night only on Sunday. I went and there was mad, crazy lines to get in. I spent my time checking out all the weaves and wigs to reassess my length and hemline goals and whether I want to keep these layers or not.

I've decided that I will keep the V shape where the point touches HL and with some layering. I know the tip of my V was touching HL prior to my small trim so, I think I'll definitely meet my goal by year's end. I just hope my hair is thick and full and I hope my ends are in tact. I usually check my ends by using the split ender when my hair's dry and straight. I don't expect that to happen until the end of the year. Ah well. Three whole months. Maybe I can pass my goal and cut back for a nice even hemline. Here's hoping.

*hope*hope*hope*

BostonMaria

I don't expect that to happen until the end of the year. Ah well. Three whole months. Maybe I can pass my goal and cut back for a nice even hemline. Here's hoping.

*hope*hope*hope*

I have no doubt you'll surpass it! Your hair has grown so much in such a short amount of time. :yep:

I don't know if I'll make it to HL by thy end of the year. Right now I'm still at WL due to trimming. I'm not doing anymore trims this year, so we'll see. I should at least be close. Is there going to be a TBL 2012 challenge?

Sent from my HTC Evo

I am not sure if I want to grow my hair TBL, but I will continue to not trim (just dusting) and see where it takes me. Its alot of work working with this hair. I am really hoping that once I am done with Grad school in May I'll have more time to dedicate to my favorite hobby HAIR. Oh and also work on my weight.

NikkiGirl

Hey, ladies.

I am still wearing my hair in braids. I was all excited thinking, I am done with protective styling for a little while, because I was going to straighten. UMMMM.....Let's just say that laziness won out over vanity. I don't have the energy to even wash my hair right now. Yeah, It is dirty and in braids. I don't even care. LOL.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
My hair's still in braids too. I hate to say braids because that makes it sound like a nice braided doo. :nono: I have 10 random braids. But, because they're long, I can get away with it. :grin: I set the ends on flexirods at night because putting braids together to pin up always leads to shed hairs tangling my braids together. But, I digress...

I cowashed in braids last night, detangled, moisturized and sealed each braid (rebraiding one by one). I snuck a stretched peek at one of the braids in the back and am still amazed at how long my hair is. I can not WAIT to see what I have at the end of the year. I'm not sure that I won't length check at the end of this month but, I won't be able to post the pics til year end because of HYH challenge. But who knows. :look:

Anyway, I was wondering. So, what happens after I hit my goal length? I highly doubt that I'll want to go on to TL+ so, I guess that means that this is home for me? Anybody else @ home here or are you all moving on to longer lengths?

FoxxyLocs

Maybe there needs to be a maintenance thread for people who have reached their goal length already.

Sent from my HTC Evo

NikkiGirl

My hair's still in braids too. I hate to say braids because that makes it sound like a nice braided doo. :nono: I have 10 random braids. But, because they're long, I can get away with it. :grin: I set the ends on flexirods at night because putting braids together to pin up always leads to shed hairs tangling my braids together. But, I digress...

I cowashed in braids last night, detangled, moisturized and sealed each braid (rebraiding one by one). I snuck a stretched peek at one of the braids in the back and am still amazed at how long my hair is. I can not WAIT to see what I have at the end of the year. I'm not sure that I won't length check at the end of this month but, I won't be able to post the pics til year end because of HYH challenge. But who knows. :look:

Anyway, I was wondering. So, what happens after I hit my goal length? I highly doubt that I'll want to go on to TL+ so, I guess that means that this is home for me? Anybody else @ home here or are you all moving on to longer lengths?

Yeah, my hiar is in random braids as well. I like it though, because when I take it down to wash where are no tangles at all. :look: This is home for me too. I have to decide what I am doing regarding my natural hair journey/transitioning, etc. So I am no going past hiplength. I don't know if I will make hiplength by the end of the year, but I have enjoyed this thread and will just continue posting here. I have a home. :lol:

brg240

ugh my relaxed hair is breaking off like crazy and the very front which is not relaxed :cry: it's very troubling to me

but here is an update, i'm not sure how well my hair is growing because i'm constantly trimming it.
I straightened my hair with some product i got for free. Omg hate it :nono:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Maybe there needs to be a maintenance thread for people who have reached their goal length already.

Sent from my HTC Evo

This sounds like a good idea, cause I don't plan on going past HL I've thought of TBL but thats not happening cause HL is enough hair to deal with LOL!

Sent from my Zio

Lucia

Sent from my HTC Evo

There's a Whip length challenge started for 2012
the length passed WL but before Hip length.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=565763

TL length is be extra cream on top, I'll be satisfied with full HL especially as thick as my hair is I do like TL as my ultimate goal length. So I think I'll keep my hair between HL and TL.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Good idea right now we only have the WL_regime thread and ask a WL and beyond lady. Maybe we should start one for long term longhairs who are maintaining.

Yeah, my hiar is in random braids as well. I like it though, because when I take it down to wash where are no tangles at all. :look: This is home for me too. I have to decide what I am doing regarding my natural hair journey/transitioning, etc. So I am no going past hiplength. I don't know if I will make hiplength by the end of the year, but I have enjoyed this thread and will just continue posting here. I have a home. :lol:

You ladies aren't the only ones who have been "lazy" with their hair. I've given my hair a break from the constant buns and I'm wearing twists and braids and I pin them up during the day to go out. Sometimes braid-outs & twist-outs. I just DC, CW rinse, apply coconut oil, giovanni direct or AOHSR make 12-16 random braids, bonnet it up and I'm done.

BostonMaria

Hey ladies! I decided to "treat" myself and get my hair done at the salon. I'm under the dryer and will send pictures when I get home.

So far I hate the salon experience and don't understand why I torture myself 2x a year.

brg240 what's wrong with your hair? I think it's gorgeous. Congrats on reaching hip length!

A maintenance thread sounds like a great idea! I def do not want to go past hip length. I'm lazy as it is and my hair still shrinks to my shoulders so there's no point.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

BostonMaria

OK here's where I am. I do need to cut my ends, but I'll do that in January.

Attachments

• IMG_20111004_172354Oct4.jpg
    IMG_20111004_172354Oct4.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 91

MariposaSexyGirl

ugh my relaxed hair is breaking off like crazy and the very front which is not relaxed :cry: it's very troubling to me

but here is an update, i'm not sure how well my hair is growing because i'm constantly trimming it.
I straightened my hair with some product i got for free. Omg hate it :nono:

Have you tried to make sure your balance of protein and moisture are on course? You have great progress none the less no doubt! Are you going to maintain at hip until it thickens or are you gonna keep going? I keep going back and forth on what I want to do lol.

MariposaSexyGirl

BostonMaria great progress! You are a hair away! Not long now. You will be HL come DEC.

I am all for maintaining too. I am finally satisfied with the length of my hair. It feels long so now I want to just keep dusting until the ends are as full as I like them to be. I feel like I'm done chasing length now on to thickness.

NikkiGirl this feels like home to me too lol. I love growing with you gals.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I started to flat iron my hair to see where I am and how that crazy trimming affected my end/hemline. I ended up only flat ironing the roots in the back (too much work. :perplexed) I may do the front tomorrow, if at all.

I can definitely see the difference between the bonelaxed ends and my texlaxed hair. I thought my hair was going to be thin because I've been in oiled braids and my hair just felt sort of skimpy. I'm happy to see that I do have my thickness and I don't notice any crazyness going on with my ends (probably because I'm layered). I'll probably cut off my bonelaxed ends at the end of the year.

I'm feeling pretty good about December 31st. :yep:

NikkiGirl

OK here's where I am. I do need to cut my ends, but I'll do that in January.

Your hair looks great! It really looks awesome. I agree with not cutting the ends until later. I keep trying for blunt, but my hair is growing in a v. I am getting used to it. :grin:

I straightened as well. I felt like I needed a trim. I followed a youtube vid and altered it a bit. I parted my hair in four section using the ear as the divider. So then I had four square parts. I combed the two back parts together and clipped it up. I left the back section alone, this is where my length is and I am not trimming that yet. Anyway, I took small section from the front, combed up and trimmed life half an inch, just so the hair falls better around my face when I wear it down and doesn't look all scraggly and I don't lose any length this way because when my hair is over my shoulder it still looks the same length. If it is behind my shoulder you can see the hair framing the face. I like it. :grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So, I did end up flat ironing the rest of my hair. But now, it's all braided up. I've noticed that whenever I flat iron my hair, I seem to lose a lot of hair. It seems like everytime I touch it, hairs come out. I don't know whether it's my flat ironing technique (I have no real skills), or if it's hair that didn't come out while in protective style. I don't know. But I do know that these are not sheds. So, , my thought to wear my hair straight for a bit is out. Instead, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to make decent parts and cornrow my hair. Now, I can cornrow others' hair but not my own. Hey, I did the best I could and think practice will make perfect.

My plan is to keep my hair braided and wig it up for the rest of the year. I guess at some point I should really learn how to rollerset. Maybe my hair just doesn't like flat ironing. Ah well.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thought I'd drop off a sneak peek. Please don't quote my pic because I'll probably remove it, since I'm technically in the HYH challenge. I'm only posting this in our thread. I'll post full out pics at the end of the year. So...technically, I'm only giving a sneak peek, right? (where my Enablers at? :lol:)

Anywho,

**Poof!**

Last edited: