Hair Trigger Growth Elixir

WanakeeWannaBe

I received HTGE (Sage-Lemongrass ... hmmm, nice) about a week ago, and notice my scalp itches more. Dunno if that's the HTGE working or an allergy cropping up. I'll give it a minute, see if it eases or gets worse. Also, when she says under "Suggested Usage" that less is more, she means that snit. I was using waaaay too much and getting the greezees. A few drops on each of 4 sections does the trick.

Re customer service - when I received my package, there was oil leakage ehrrrwhar - :swearing: - and she was very responsive, gave me a discount off my next order. So I co-sign the other compliments as to her business practices. Professional business owner - Yay-ee!

Just my :twocents:

VK1K

WanakeeWannaBe said:
I received HTGE (Sage-Lemongrass ... hmmm, nice) about a week ago, and notice my scalp itches more. Dunno if that's the HTGE working or an allergy cropping up. I'll give it a minute, see if it eases or gets worse. Also, when she says under "Suggested Usage" that less is more, she means that snit. I was using waaaay too much and getting the greezees. A few drops on each of 4 sections does the trick.

Re customer service - when I received my package, there was oil leakage ehrrrwhar - :swearing: - and she was very responsive, gave me a discount off my next order. So I co-sign the other compliments as to her business practices. Professional business owner - Yay-ee!

Just my :twocents:

Im experiencing itching and its my first day....hmmmm could it be the cayenne? That's the only ingredient I havent used before.

WanakeeWannaBe

Mebbe, mebbe so ... I've never used cayenne on my head before either, so I'm hoping that the itching is just my scalp dancing to the rhythm of growth, and not boogieing down to some sort of allergic reaction. So not tryin' to rock my siggy pic. :perplexed

I'll give it about 2 weeks, see how it goes. I've noticed more shedding, too, but her FAQ say that its normal for some folks starting HTGE to shed more, some to shed less.

VK1K

Dang, guess I didn't do all my homework :nono:. I didn't see the info on shedding, I'll have to watch and see if there is a change from the norm. I did however google Cayenne Pepper and itchy scalp and it seems like that is pretty normal. So I think that's the culprit.

Your Sig is SO friggan funny. Goooonies!

yea, lets not end up looking like that :lachen:

By the way I have the Cake scent and it is truly Delicious, my coworkers thought I was hiding snacks from them.

WanakeeWannaBe

Mmmm. Cake.

ETA: Yesterday HTGE sent me a replacement for the product lost to leakage. So if you're hesitating to order b/c she's an unfamiliar/new seller - no worries. Very responsive and attention to customers' needs. :yep:

Last edited:

MaraWithLove

I'm about to buy my second bottle! :lick: My hair gulps the stuff down like water! I also noticed darker roots a-midst my hennaed hair (new growth) more quickly than usual. I think the trigger as well as frequent co-washing contributed to it. That's all I've changed in terms of handling my hair!

jellynote

Ok so, my package came.

I got the featherweight, sage and lemongrass scent. I prepoo-ed with it already. Hard to tell a difference. I was in a hurry to do SOMETHING with it right away. LOL.

Anyway, the scent is heavenly. The oil itself is very light...almost seems to evaporate a little - if that makes any sense. Maybe it's from the essential oils in it???

I feel confident about using it on my scalp lightly several times a week. I don't think it'll be too heavy for my fine strands.

Thanks OP for this thread...

Oh, and there was a really nice touch from the owner/maker/distributor...

A thank you card, with business cards inside - presumably for me to share with others. There was a handwritten thank-you message also, spelled my unusual name correctly. I like the "personal" touch.

Gonna roll with this for a while, see how well it works

I was surprised by the handwritten message, business cards, thank you card and fast delivery as well!:yawn:
I have the original no added scents and I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but I can say that I've had some hair growth. So as long as I keep seeing results I'll continue to use this along with my other oils that I use or as my DH my hair concoctions!:yep::grin:

Last edited:

greenandchic

I was surprised by the handwritten message, business cards, thank you card and fast delivery as well!:yawn:
I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but I can say that I've had some hair growth. So as long s I keep seeing results I'll continue to use this along with my other oils that I use or as my DH my haid concoctions!:yep::grin:

How many times a day are you using this, once or twice?

Forever in Bloom

I've been using this product for 3 weeks (I only used the product 3 times each week but massaged for 5 minutes) and can't say for sure if it's the oil or the supplements I started taking around the same time:

Krill Oil, Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin & Nails, Bamboo, and SuperSilica Plus; the last two I feel have really made my hair sprout. I had been taking the first two for 6 weeks.

I went from 16 inches in the front to 16.5 in 2 weeks :look:

It is the third week now, and there is a major with a section of hair in the back as well (Regarding the front and back sections I measure: I keep both sections twisted, so they are always the same sections I use.)

I pull it in front to see where it touches on my chest. Before, there was a 5.5 inch difference from where my hair touched and my belly button- my goal area to reach before the end of the year; big goal considering an average 6 inches of growth is going to take a year.

Now I only need 4.5 inches. I didn't suck my abs up/in or sit down. I was always standing up. I vow to take a picture, because only telling it to you ain't gonna convince you. I am as surprised as you all may be. I don't know if this is a Spring/Summer growth spurt :perplexed but I am going to really start journal-ing what I'm using, taking each day.

Supplements are a no-brainer. I take the same thing everyday at the same time. The Hair, Skin & Nail vitamins say take 3, I only take 1 because of the 5,000 mcg of biotin in it. I break out with that amount so there is no way I'm taking 3!

Off to take a picture today. I'll measure again on June 15th.

Onhergrind09

I relaxed last Friday and I noticed a definite improvement in my edges, also HTHE is making my dandruff a thing of the past, I'm half-way through my 32 oz pound cake scented bottle. I have attached two pictures of my edges from before I started using it and two pictures of my edges from to a few days ago.

* I realized I attached one pict twice, so I've fixed it. The pictures on the sides are the old ones, the two in the middle are recent.

Attachments

• 20120223_133915_3.jpg
    20120223_133915_3.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 20120605_231336.jpg
    20120605_231336.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 20120605_231342.jpg
    20120605_231342.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 20120223_133923.jpg
    20120223_133923.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thanks for the code!! Just bought some.
I will be getting cornrows on 6/21.
I will track progress for 5 weeks-- Using it 2xs a day.

springy_curly

Thanks for all the info ladies! I ordered the regular HTGE with the vanilla pound cake scent. You weren't lying the scent is delicious! I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, but so far I really like the consistency. It's a thick oil but not too thick.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
OMG!!! Just got my order in the mail. I purchased the 16oz size with the pound cake scent on June 16th.

It smells DIVINE.

I just got back from getting my hair shampooed, dc'd, blowdried and cornrowed.

I will track my cornrow progress for the next 5 weeks using the GE on my scalp.

The ingredients look wonderful and the handwritten thank you card is def a winner.
I am ALL about customer service.

Fingers crossed I fall in love with this product.
If I do not get any growth from it, I will probably still purchase it just for the scent, wonderful oil blend and the customer service..and to support a black owned business.

I just finished applying the GE with a nozzle tip applicator.

I'll report back soon.

greenandchic

I got my package today too! The vanilla pound cake smells delicious! Great, attentive customer service. I will start using it and tracking my growth starting tonight.

Valerie

mcgheeola very pleased that you saw results in 2 weeks. Very pleased that the rest you ladies getting good resuls. I will definitely try Hair Trigger.

msdeevee

Hey ladies, I mostly lurk so I'm not up on everything.

A couple of days ago I logged in and I saw this thread about the HTGE. I loved the reviews so I quickly (too quickly) went on the site and ordered the 16oz bottle. After I ordered I logged back on to LHCF to finish reading this thread and I saw that I could have gotten a discount and I needed to pay extra to get the pound cake scent. I immediately within 15 minutes sent HTGE an email telling them that I ordered so quickly that I didn't get that I had to scroll down and pay extra for the scent and I didn't know I was entitled to a discount.

They responded right away and said in short they would do me a 1 time favor and let me get the discount which would be put towards the scent but I had to go back and order it and be refunded. I decided not to because I didn't want to use my cc again for such a small amount just to be refunded. Not complaining about them though ...my fault for being too hasty. I'm a product junkie. Lesson learned. For 16 oz. I paid over 27.00 no scent, no discount.

I just got my oil this morning. The original smell is not bad. The smell is less aggressive than the WGHO I buy anyway so I'll keep it and use it and track my results.

Anyway, who owns this company ? Is it a member here? I read upthread its black owned? how do you know? I do like supporting black businesses when I can but for me its not a deal breaker if your not as long as I get what I pay for and the service is good.

greenandchic

I used it for the first time last night. I poured some in an empty dropper bottle to make application more efficient and less wasteful. I was going to put it in a hair color bottle, but even that sometimes hard to control in terms of how much I use.

After massaging it in my scalp, I opted to the GHE overnight. So far so good. My hair is super soft though I do have to watch the amounts because its easy for my hair to feel greasy. Thankfully I wash every 3-4 days.

BayAreaDream

^^^ Thank you I just bought today using this discount code! They already mailed it too, very quick shipping. I got the pound cake scent due to everyone saying how excellent it smells. This will replace my MN if I like it.