FINE HAIR Ladies that use or have used HENNA

How do you feel about Henna treatments

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ganjababy

This sounds yummy and your hair in your siggy looks like we can be hair twins! :yep:

ETA: you don't rinse the henna first? you just add the cheepy conditioner, let it sit and then rinse?

I'm off to stalk your threads now... :driver:

No I dont't rinse the henna first because I find it difficult to get out so I pour the conditioner on top of the henna and it makes it 100% more slippery and hence easier to rinse out

AtlantaJJ

No I dont't rinse the henna first because I find it difficult to get out so I pour the conditioner on top of the henna and it makes it 100% more slippery and hence easier to rinse out
That's a brilliant idea and a great way for me to get rid of the cheapy conditioners that I have because I don't use them otherwise. I also need to cover up these grays :look:

gn1g

This is my 2009 hair goal. TOO HENNA! the information is so overwhelming, but should be simple.

I have some grey and I don't want black hair. I want bronze brownish color.

Ganjababy

This is my 2009 hair goal. TOO HENNA! the information is so overwhelming, but should be simple.

I have some grey and I don't want black hair. I want bronze brownish color.

Henna is for you then! It covers my greys beautifully! The best product I have ever used to cover my greys is Elumen colour and henna is so much better. It took 3 applications to cover my greys and the best this is it is cheap and does not wash out.

AtlantaJJ

Henna is for you then! It covers my greys beautifully! The best product I have ever used to cover my greys is Elumen colour and henna is so much better. It took 3 applications to cover my greys and the best this is it is cheap and does not wash out.
Oh I get it, you like henna better than Elumen color.....

I find the trick to henna is:
a) washing it out completely
b) maintaining your moisture balance

I've picked up enough tips that I feel confident to try it again now.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Do you put henna on your dry or freshly washed hair? Do you clarify before you henna?

Lucky's Mom

I have the henna goal for 2009. I am falling in love with my grey hair though.....

So I don't want my hair to be red. I will have to figure something out.

Ganjababy

Do you put henna on your dry or freshly washed hair? Do you clarify before you henna?

Hi friend:yep:

I put it on my dry hair (washed the night before with just butters on my hair or amla or vatika dabur oil). Sometimes on damp naked hair. I have not clarified my hair in months.

AtlantaJJ

I have the henna goal for 2009. I am falling in love with my grey hair though.....

So I don't want my hair to be red. I will have to figure something out.

Henna will definitely change the color of your gray hair...I bet yours is pretty and white, it will make it turn anywhere from a gold color to a red for certain.

I don't know of any tricks to keep the henna from releasing its dye.

Lucky's Mom

Henna will definitely change the color of your gray hair...I bet yours is pretty and white, it will make it turn anywhere from a gold color to a red for certain.

I don't know of any tricks to keep the henna from releasing its dye.

Well - I planned to mix it with oil and put it on immediately.

so - we will see what happens.

AtlantaJJ

Hi friend:yep:

I put it on my dry hair (washed the night before with just butters on my hair or amla or vatika dabur oil). Sometimes on damp naked hair. I have not clarified my hair in months.
Thank you,
Yes, I have dabbled into the world of cones recently so I have to think about the C-clarify word every now and then :giggle:

AtlantaJJ

Well - I planned to mix it with oil and put it on immediately.

so - we will see what happens.
I just Googled and found there is a colorless or neutral henna ... perhaps one our henna gurus can help us with more info.

Also, I bought some castile soap as you suggested and I'm going to use it to clarify my hair.

Noir

I just Googled and found there is a colorless or neutral henna ... perhaps one our henna gurus can help us with more info.

Also, I bought some castile soap as you suggested and I'm going to use it to clarify my hair.
Yea the neutral henna is cassia. I think samantha has used this in the past... I am sure that I remember her mentioning it.

Btw castle soap will cleanse the hair but it won't "clarify" it. castle does NOT remove cones.

When I henna my hair I will clarify with a chelating poo or cleanse with vedic powders so that the henna will adhere to the hair better.

HarlemHottie

WOW... I really wanted to try Henna, but after reading this I know now I would have to deal with black or redish hair... I kinda have a thing for my "dirty brown" hair as my mom calls it lol... So I will have to find another way to get the same results...

fyb87

You could always try Cassia. It doesn't deposit a color as the Henna does and it's all natural as well. I will say the results from Henna last longer than with Cassia. So you would need to do treatments more often. I started off doing Cassia now I do a mixture of the two. 100g Henna and 220g Cassia!

alopeciagrl

My henna experience was a good one also. I left the henna in my head for at least 3 hours. No heat just a conditioning cap. Results were stronger thicker hair with slight highlights of orange that I really didn't mind. I mixed my henna with water boiled in chamomile.

yodie

I have only done henna twice in a month and I'm already in love!! Why oh why did I let my first bad experience keep me from this? My thin strands feel strong and coated/protected. I love knowing that I can dye my hair black without chemicals. Thanks Indigo. I plan on using henna for a longggg time to come.

Geminigirl

I made some henna and it's frozen now. I plan to thaw it out. I made my henna mix too runny. Is there anything I can use to thicken it up after it thaws? Do you think coconut cream will thicken it? I just found this in Kroger's the other day and I have been dying to use it.

Last edited:

yodie

I made some henna and it's frozen now. I plan to thaw it out. I made my henna mix too runny. Is there anything I can use to thicken it up after it thaws? Do you think coconut cream will thicken it? I just found this in Kroger's the other day and I have been dying to use it.

Maybe one of the more experienced henna users will chime in, but I know many ladies use conditioner in their henna. Maybe that will thicken it or you can add a little more henna powder.

Did you find henna or coconut cream at Kroger's?

Geminigirl

I found 100% organic cocnut cream at Kroger. I wish they had Henna too. I was shocked cause I thought I would only be able to get that online come to find out they got the milk and cream in Krogers.

Bumping for a response my henna is meeeeelllllttttttiiiiinnnnnggggg meeeeelllllltttttiiiiiinnnnnngggg..hehe

morehairplease

I found 100% organic cocnut cream at Kroger. I wish they had Henna too. I was shocked cause I thought I would only be able to get that online come to find out they got the milk and cream in Krogers.

Bumping for a response my henna is meeeeelllllttttttiiiiinnnnnggggg meeeeelllllltttttiiiiiinnnnnngggg..hehe
no way....really!?!? I sure hope they have this at Kroger when I go grocery shopping tomorrow. Do you mind me asking what brand or if you could post a pic?
tia,
tishee

Geminigirl

HOLD UP! Sorry for the confusion but I think I need to read my products better. This is what I got.

At first it felt thick to me but now I am thinking this is milk. I thought it said 100% organic on it but that might have been my coconut milk. Is this milk or cream?