How to stop gel from being crunchy and stiff?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I love the definition gel gives me but i still havent found a leave in that i can use that leaves the hair with minimal crunch. Any recommendations?

MicheePrings

Maybe try a curl activator gel underneath your styling gel, like s-curl for example. That works well underneath the blue Eco-styler, no crunch at all.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

southerncitygirl

try:
using less gel or another type

i have never had any crunch with any of these:
oyin hairdew
komaza coconut curl lotion
komaza shea butter lotion
darcy's botanicals leave-in
darcy's botanicals lemongrass transitioning cream
hydroquench systems greaseless moisture

my staple gels have been afroveda whipped jelly and fantasia ic gel with sparklelites

Napp

Ms. Nobody
try flaxseed gel

flaxseed gel gave me no hold at all:nono: idk if i made it wrong or what.

styling gel + curl activator gel :yep: I love Worlds of Curls curl activator gel. Long Aid is great, too.

Maybe try a curl activator gel underneath your styling gel, like s-curl for example. That works well underneath the blue Eco-styler, no crunch at all.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i will try this. i dont like the curl activators mentioned mainly due to the smell:look: but i did buy a product that is very similar to a CAG. it doesnt give me enough hold on its own and its kind of oily so i think if i mix it together with my super crunchy gel i might get some serious curl poppin with minimal crunch. thanks.:drunk:

What I do for my daughter's hair is
Wet hair, apply sm curling smoothie, apply gel, then seal with evco. Once it dries, her hair is silky with a good hold.