Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

wyldcurlz

NJoy use one or the other not both. I HAD (I was about to say I have super thick natural hair but I forgot I relaxed :lol:) super thick natural hair and all my stylist used was a pea sized amount of CHI slk and i got super sleek weightless hair with every press. If anything add more after ur done flat ironing because you can see what you're working with and get the shine you want.

Your hair is in great condition and you rarely flat iron, so to go overboard with trying to protect your hair with all the oils and serums is uneccesary :yep:

BillsBackerz67 You CUT YOUR HAIR?!?!

wyldcurlz

MariposaSexyGirl - i just lovvvve your updates and hearing what you are doing to your hair!

NJoy - what do you put on your hair when you baggy at night? And what is your baggy-ing process? (do you apply product, then apply a plastic shower cap then cover with a scarf? how does it work.)

JJamiah - i'm with you. i've neglected my workout routine (make that, been down right lazy) and part of my reason (excuse) is my hair. well, the hair is just gonna have to be wet and pulled back for a while. my fitness is more important. good luck with your workouts! and know that i'm joining you!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy - what do you put on your hair when you baggy at night? And what is your baggy-ing process? (do you apply product, then apply a plastic shower cap then cover with a scarf? how does it work.)

I massage my scalp with sulfur/oil mix and moisturize and seal my hair as normal. Add plastic cap (not shower cap tho) and a scarf ontop to keep down the rattling noise.

I really whole head baggy to protect my pillows but, it does moisturize my hair. :look:

nakialovesshoes

:grin: I am I am I am SOOOOO excited. EVEN THOUGH Zumba gets me winded. I collect myself and back up I go. LOL

Dont' LAUGH I check in with My Wii Fit. LOL No lying to that darn Scale it will tell you how it is. LOL

JJamiahThis is OT (& yes I'm a HL thread stalker coming out the closet for a second) but how do you like Zumba? My mother ordered it & it's still brand new in the box untouched, which means I'll be able to get my hands on it soon.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Dropping in to see all the cuteness, long hair and progress. So ahm...I got what? About 6more months, as of today, to have to wait for the HL reveals? It will definitely be worth the wait!

JJamiah

@JJamiahThis is OT (& yes I'm a HL thread stalker coming out the closet for a second) but how do you like Zumba? My mother ordered it & it's still brand new in the box untouched, which means I'll be able to get my hands on it soon.

I like it but after 2 weeks the routine I am a little bored. I really think it is because I wanted the Kinec for X box which would be better than PS3. It isn't scoring me correctly and there is a loop hole. YOu can sit on the couch and wave the wand saw in on Youtube. :(
Now I know it is always up to me in the end. But not being scored properly is a little sucky.

I like it out of 10 I'd give it 7. :)
I got my Elliptical today and will be doing the Jullian Michaels program for the next 8 weeks. Early Morning. :)

FoxxyLocs

I never did flat iron my hair. I didn't feel like going through the whole wash process, so instead I just DC'd and did some medium sized twists. It took about 3 hrs, which is an improvement for me. I'm keeping them in until next weekend, which will be 2 weeks. Then a twistout for the weekend and back to twists for another 2 weeks. IDK when I'll straighten. I was so excited, lol, but it looks like a lot of work. I have to be in the mood.

I joined the HYH challenge too so I'll mainly be in PS for the rest of the year. My short term goal is hip length with a U-shaped hemline and some nice layers in front. I'm thinking about getting that crea clip so I can do it myself.

brg240

After a salon disaster http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=551585 I lost my HL hair and working to get it back stronger,healthier,and longer

I'm so sorry that happened to you, i'm sure that your hair will go back healthier and longer because you know what you need to do :yep:

NJoy - your hair looks so beautiful. I'm always amazed at the length you've gotten.

~*~ShopAholic~*~ your hair is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll hit hl by the end of the year.

so way back when i was supposed to trim and i never did. :blush: But i bought some hair trimming scissors and today i will get to it (probably :look: )
here are some pics i posted in the hyh challenge (sorry if you see them twice), i think there is a little more length then the pics i posted in may? idk really. The very tip reaches tbl and my belly button in the front. :reddancer:

The left is my starting point. Looking at pics from last year, my starting point is exactly as my mid year point. So i trimmed half a years worth of growth and i'm about to do the same thing. it's a cycle. :perplexed

JJamiah

Hey Ladies, I hope all is doing well :)

I am dying to see results at the end of the year.
brg240 Girl all that gorgeous hair Hmmmm! Been hiding all that hair LOL

Soon Soon Soon we have 6 more months lets get the retaining on!

Lucia

brg240
wow looks grat thick and healthy I don't think you really need to cut
I suggest you just dust a little if you're worried about splits but I don't see any. JUst don't trim or cut into the length now, wait for the shorter hairs to catch up to the longer faster growing hairs.

Last edited:

schipperchow1

I cut my hair & am solidly mbl but hope to be HL by Dec 31, 2011.

I'm not really doing anything different other than adding a bit mo
re protein to my deep treatments & doing more frequent DCs - 2xs/month instead of 1x/mo or every other month.

Whimsy - when did you cut your hair:blush: It looks nice though

I went ahead and ordered the 1-3/4" Solia so hopefully I'll get it sometime this week. Can't wait to try it out.

I have a solia 1 1/4" w/adjustable temperature settings that I like a lot.

Whimsy

I cut my hair & am solidly mbl but hope to be HL by Dec 31, 2011.

I'm not really doing anything different other than adding a bit mo
re protein to my deep treatments & doing more frequent DCs - 2xs/month instead of 1x/mo or every other month.

@Whimsy - when did you cut your hair:blush: It looks nice though

I have a solia 1 1/4" w/adjustable temperature settings that I like a lot.

I cut it on Saturday after I tried my first henndigo :)
On Friday I'm going to a pro to get it shaped

Needless to say I'm TOTALLY out of my own challenge lol.
Going to keep it "short" for a while.

Janet'

:hiya: :hiya: I'm going to update tomorrow as Don't Speak Defeat is going to do my hair!!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Wonderful updates Ladies, thus far...

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thinking about relaxing tomorrow, but decided to slathered grapeseed and castor oil all over my hair and NG. I'm gonna leave it in until til tomorrow night, by then I should know if ill be relaxing or shampooing, DC, and roller setting.

What are u ladies doing to your hair this wknd?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thinking about relaxing tomorrow, but decided to slathered grapeseed and castor oil all over my hair and NG. I'm gonna leave it in until til tomorrow night, by then I should know if ill be relaxing or shampooing, DC, and roller setting.

What are u ladies doing to your hair this wknd?

I've been in bed all weekend with a major sinus headache/infection so, I'm lookin' a hot mess. Think I'm gonna overnight DC or prepoo. I dunno. :thought:

Wondering what you decided to do, shopaholic

NikkiGirl

Hey ladies, I haven't been on here in a while, but I decided to straighten my hair. I haven't done it since march, I think. So anyway, her is a pic...alas! I am still very far from HL. Oh well. And my relaxed hair seems to be a lot thinner than usual. Is this from bunning all the time?

I haven't really been taking good care of my hair! I just got really tired of always having to do something to it! I guess I really need to get back into things!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hey ladies, I haven't been on here in a while, but I decided to straighten my hair. I haven't done it since march, I think. So anyway, her is a pic...alas! I am still very far from HL. Oh well. And my relaxed hair seems to be a lot thinner than usual. Is this from bunning all the time?

I haven't really been taking good care of my hair! I just got really tired of always having to do something to it! I guess I really need to get back into things!

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Candy828

Your hair is looking great! Sometimes our hair rebels when it's not getting the attention and love it was use too. My hair will snap off with the quickness if I ignore it..:lol: Just get back into your haircare routine and your hair will respond by thickening back up. Make sure you are eatting well and taking your vitamins too...

NikkiGirl

^^^ Yeah, come to think of it, my hair felt better when I was on my deep conditioning kick. I would do it every week, and I haven't deep conditioned my hair in a couple of months.

BostonMaria

Hey everybody! I haven't straightened my hair in a month. Haven't been doing much to it really. I might rollerset tonight and do a dusting.

NikkiGirl your hair looks gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lucia

NikkiGirl
Your hair looks beautiful if you ends feel thinner it could just be the diff in natural and relax texture and thickness. But a good DC treatment will take care of that.
I think you're like 2-3 inches from grazing HL. Congratz on the length retention from last update to now your hair has retained alot. So is your ultimate goal HL?

Last edited:

NikkiGirl

I really need to learn how to do the @ thing. Lucia, I LTG is HL. I don't want to go past that. I have been transitioning and my hair is driving me nuts to be honest. So I really don't think I can deal with more than that and living in Texas, it is always hot, so I don't get to wear it down that much. 2-3 from grazing HL, I actually get my growth spurt from about August to December so I hope I make it, but I am thinking of getting to HL and then continuing to do a blunt cut until I have the ends I want!