CAYENNE PEPPER CHALLENGE 2010-'11

SailorWifey

I just applied my cayenne oil and put a shower cap and my durag on. I will wash it in the am. I will do this every evening since I cowash every morning.

n_vizion

I tried it in my conditioner once but when I rinsed it out, I wasn't careful. It felt like I got maced in my shower.

What I do now is mix it in my water with lemon and syrup (yep the lemonade cleanse drink). I'm stimulating from the inside out. A few years ago I bought a stimulating spray at Whole Foods. I would spray in parts of my hair and feel the tingle. Maybe I'll try that again.

757diva

I can't wait to see you ladies results...I'll sit back and decide later on if I want to try this

Minty

if it is burning that much then your mix is too strong. try cutting it by half. Its the same with peppermint oil, alittle goes a long way. I did start taking a cayenne pill again. I dropped it from my vit. reggie a while ago so it will be good to re-add.

SailorWifey

if it is burning that much then your mix is too strong. try cutting it by half. Its the same with peppermint oil, alittle goes a long way. I did start taking a cayenne pill again. I dropped it from my vit. reggie a while ago so it will be good to re-add.

It doesnt burn at all...it itches like crazy. Does that mean the same thing???

Minty

Itching is good, if I am correct it affects the follicle. It is irritating the follicle, but it may also cause inflammation and that too much inflammation is not good. I say experiment with the dosage and test on the most sensitive area on the scalp (for me, my crown) 1/2 w/your original, 1/2 with a diluted mix.

SherGrowingHair

I used it twice a week. I left it on overnight but, the mixture wasn't as potent as I think this challenge's will be. Unfortunately I wasn't a member at the time and I didn't take pictures but it grew more than 3 inches from May to November.

SherGrowingHair

This picture was taken just after a 1.5 inch trim, four days after my last cayenne treatment and a day after dyeing with henna and indigo on November 25, 2009.

DivaD04

i won't be joining this challenge but i stopped by to say good luck to you all. it will feel like you've lit your scalp on fire but with some adjustments and time...you'll grow to like that type of sensation.

Lady Esquire

What a timely thread. Just a few minutes ago I wrote in my fotki that I may give cayenne pepper oil a try to regrow my edges and nape. Count me in.

SailorWifey

I diluted my oil a bit w/ 7 oil and have it sitting on my scalp right now with a shower cap on. I may have diluted it a bit too much b/c I dont feel anything

Jewell

This is an old technique...I remember there being a thread about mixing Cayenne pepper with oil to apply to scalp to increase hair growth. This was several years ago. I tried it, but it made my scalp burn like hell (prolly cuz I put in on a freshly washed scalp)! I find that a few "Super Gro" pomades and scalp greases have it in there, along with black pepper. It probably works, though I didn't use long enough to find out!

I may try it again, it may not be that bad on a dry (closed-pore) scalp. I currently use a "super gro" grease on my scalp containing cayenne & black pepper (but in very minute amounts compared to other ingredients). I would like to try this again to see if it works, and alternate with my other growth remedies.

Last edited:

tri3nity

Add me to this challenge please. And you say that I can mix it with aloe juice? What would be the best mixture? I want to try it today when I wash.

HeChangedMyName

Ok, add me. this challenge will help me use my ceyanne pepper shampoo and condish up, if nothing else. Maybe I'll get soem awesome hair growth to boot. I don't remember the brand right now, I'll check when I get home.

varaneka

I made a new batch with castor oil again. then I massaged about a handful in my scalp for 20 minutes.

how's everyone doing?

HeChangedMyName

Ok, so this is the shampoo and conditioner that I have. It just says pepper extract on the ingredients and has all sorts of peppers on the front. I guess I need to add some other method of using cayenne huh.

Last edited:

tallnomad

Creole--I decided to try the olive oil instead of the aloe vera gel. When you mixed yours, what were your measurements for each? Thanks!

HeChangedMyName

I think I'll make an infusion too, This may be a great addition to my thin shorter crown.

Heyyy, I have a bottle of capzasin HP, do you think this will be ok for me to use?

ETA: I have the liquid, no mess applicator and it contains .35% capsaicin. I got it for my knee and did stop using it when i noticed burning and itching. I didn't read the label so didn't think this was normal. Since I can use it on my body and leave it on, imma try it on my scalp. I'll do it before wash day, just in case the burning is unbearable.

Last edited:

ActionActress

Count me in. I love cayenne. I mix it in drinks and sprinkle it on foods.

I think I'll try this recipe:

04/08/2008: Nancy from Brunswick GA writes: "I would like to post another remedy. Can't believe how many people are interested in this remedy! I felt some of your readers might want to have this. Nancy

To grow hair:
Aloe Vera Gel and Cayenne Pepper.
1/4 to 1/2 c. of Aloe Vera and 2 capsules of cayenne pepper.( Any cayenne will do, You can use Kitchen Spice)
May need to adjust measurement of the aloe and cayenne a little more or less..For the right consistancy.
Pour mixture into a hair color bottle and shake well.
Apply to scalp, massaging in with fingertips.
This mixture will stimulate and clean the hair follicles.
The hair cycle may take a few weeks possibly months, but you will see results.
Leave on scalp at least 10 to 15 minutes or more if you wish. Can be applied weekly.
If you want to use this remedy more often I suggest you try it once and wait a few days, particularly if you have sensitive skin issues.
Caution.....This will burn somewhat, Be careful around eyes. Do not make mixture too runny as it could run into eyes.
Do not make mixture too thick as it will not squirt out of bottle.
You will continue to feel a slight burn even after this remedy is rinsed off.
Aloe Vera gel normally needs to be refridgerated, When mixing remedy allow it to sit a few hours at room tempature before applying to scalp.
Do not apply to scalp cold, as this will close your pores.
If you make more than you need, it will keep a few days in a cool place.
I have used this mixture as a facial scrub, It is a firey facial! Cayenne Pepper is great for circulation. Cayenne Pepper packs a punch, mixed with Aloe Vera and all the great things in Aloe Vera are increased.
Cayenne is called a "catalyst" herb that increases the efficacy of the ingredients you are using. "

Source:
http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_loss2.html#GRASSOIL_35723

It helps well with weightloss too. I use about 1/4 a tablespoon 2x a day. But eat healthy.

ActionActress

I tried it in my conditioner once but when I rinsed it out, I wasn't careful. It felt like I got maced in my shower.

What I do now is mix it in my water with lemon and syrup (yep the lemonade cleanse drink). I'm stimulating from the inside out. A few years ago I bought a stimulating spray at Whole Foods. I would spray in parts of my hair and feel the tingle. Maybe I'll try that again.

Oh girl yes it feels soooo trrble!

varaneka

Heyyy, I have a bottle of capzasin HP, do you think this will be ok for me to use?

ETA: I have the liquid, no mess applicator and it contains .35% capsaicin. I got it for my knee and did stop using it when i noticed burning and itching. I didn't read the label so didn't think this was normal. Since I can use it on my body and leave it on, imma try it on my scalp. I'll do it before wash day, just in case the burning is unbearable.

I definitely would try that. If I had some of my own I'd just use that instead.

Creole--I decided to try the olive oil instead of the aloe vera gel. When you mixed yours, what were your measurements for each? Thanks!

I have a jar of about 4 ounces castor oil, so I added about 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper. So far, my scalp just itches. I've done it twice this week. I think that's a safe ratio, and you're welcome!