The person with the longest hair in my family is _______________ length.

The person with the longest hair in my family is ___________ length.

• Ear

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Neck

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Chin

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 127 14.0%
  • Armpit

Votes: 166 18.3%
  • Bra Strap

Votes: 192 21.2%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 156 17.2%
  • Waist

Votes: 148 16.4%
  • Tail Bone

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • Beyond Tail Bone

Votes: 31 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mscocoface

Any other day I would have said hands down my cousin who is natural and does press and curl.

But now I am not sure she, my aunt, my neice and myself we all have hair that is at least BSL or pretty darn near close.

I guess during the next family reunion we are going to find out. That is one of the first things all the women do is grab at each others hair after we give each other a hug and start talking about what we are doing to our hair now.:yep:

kblc06

The person with the longest known length in my family as probably been my cousin and my aunt barbara who both at some point or another have had classic length or tailbone length hair. My aunt's daughter sharon is natural & waistlength now (unstretched her hair is about bsl). She is also very tall (5'11) so that equals up to a lot of hair. Before I had relaxers, my hair used to be right at tailbone length :wallbash: I can just imagine what it would be in the next few years :grin:. The longest I've seen my mothers hair (on a pic) appeared to be a little below bsl (the longest she ever had was elbow length).

sareca

One of my aunt's mother's has beautiful silver WL 3a hair. I have the second longest hair.

MissFallon

mostly everyone in my family has or has had long hair that was atleast midback going all the way to tailbone. As of right now my neices have the longest hair a little past their waist and my sister who just cut her hair to midback and plans to cut it to her shoulders in Jan.

prospurr4

Me, a little past brastrap, approaching midback. Only one of my sisters comes close to being second, at probably armpit. (She wears those "hard" updos all the time, so I'm not totally sure of her current length.)

Ironically, as a child growing up, I was the one who was teased about having neck length, scraggly, dry 4b, "bad hair." Now, I'm asked for hair advice.:ohwell:

Affinity07

Definately my daughter before I cut it. Her hair was approaching thigh length. The women (and men) on my mother's side can grow long hair, such as bra stap or waist length, but I've never seen anyone with thigh length hair. She must get that gene from her daddy. Before that, I had the longest hair in the family with thick ponytails and afro puffs. My hair was probably waist length, maybe a little longer. However, I kept it ultra short in my teens and early twenties :yep:

nappity

My mother had waist length hair when I was a child. She cut it- shes from that school that women over 40 don't have long hair.

Opalsunset

My grandmother on my fathers side had tailbone length hair, I never met her because she passed away when my father was a baby. My mother has the longest hair though out of everyone in my family, (I put in a wrong vote though) My mother has waist length hair :)

LovelyRo

OK My step mother has the longest hair in my family and she is between APL and BSL natural 3a!

Out of my blood relatives, my second cousin has natural hair approaching APL. I don't know what her real texture is though... probably 3c/4a. She only wears her hair straight.

MamaBraidedIt

My sister. THICK THICK APL. 4a/4b hair.

SHE DOESN'T DO A HEALTHY THING TO HER HAIR. No moisturizer, relaxes the entire length of her hair...but it is still thick as all heck! She cuts it a lot but it grows back fast like a weed:blush:. As a child her hair was longer than that. We do not have the same fathers. That's why I def. believe genetics plays a bigger role than care...my hair hasn't gone past my shoulder and it's very thin.

cocosweet

I was going to say my cousin whose hair is MBL but I remembered she cut to shoulder. For now, I've got the longest hair at BSL stretched.

sweetcashew

The person with the longest hair in my family is my sister-in-law. I believe she's now almost knee length.
Two of my nieces are below butt length and get regular trims.

All my great aunts on my mother's side had butt length hair and beyond. They're all dead now though so that doesn't count.

nakialovesshoes

In my immediate family up until I BCed I was the longest with BSL hair. Now I'm about the same with the person with the longest, my 1st cousin - between chin & SL. She's probably just a little bit closer to SL than I am but she doesn't take care of her hair so I'll catch up & pass her in the very near future. :grin:

Outside my immediate family, my great aunt & her daughters all have APL-BSL hair & they wear press n curls.

Last edited:

mieshae

Sad to say but the person with longest hair in my family is ME!!!! and I want LONG hair. They are always asking me how much weave do I have in my head. I am like go to LCHF and their hair and then leave me alone.

Traycee

Waist Length would be the longest my mother, a couple of aunts and a cousin. We range APL on down. I do have a few cousins that rock a really really cute short hairstyles.

Now Healthy hair thats another story.

Traycee

But u know what the family members with waist length are like age 60 and up. Long nails too. I wonder why?

♦K.O♦

But u know what the family members with waist length are like age 60 and up. Long nails too. I wonder why?

Same here! Why is that? I thought older people would have a more difficult time with hair and nail growing. Must be something special in that there Centrum Silver. :lachen:

SandySea

It's hard to pick one person, but several of my aunts and cousins on my dad's side of the family have (or had in their youth) APL, healthy, full hair. It's reported that my maternal grandmother had waist length hair as a teen, but cut it off right before her wedding and wore it about APL after that. That is, until it thinned out with age.

fivetimestwo

As of right now, I have the longest hair in my fam. My aunts and mom always wear wigs, so for all I know, they're hair just may be longer than mine (I'm coming up on bsl).

Quinette

For the adults:my great grandmother she has waist length hair, then I come in second at almost apl (everyone else in my family keeps their hair cut pretty short or doesn't take care of it).
For the children: my 6 year old niece has waist length hair when stretched.

Hair Iam

My eldest daughter has 1/2 inch above BSL hair,then my youngest is Full APL ..then me approaching APL ..I coming for them:roadrunner:..my husband is bald by choice (so he says:grin:) My 2 sisters are between neck and shoulder.

MochaSilk

For blood relatives, it's me at APL. For my family, my hubby's hair is now tailbone length, my sis-in-law is bra strap, then me at APL.

tallnomad

My mom has waistlength hair. I wish I could've got some of that. . . :ohwell:

She presses it monthly and after that, does nothing to it at all. Her favorite product and staple product is Moisture Max--nothing else. She always wears her hair pulled back in a ponytail. After it's pressed, it coils up in one single ringlet and stays like that until the next wash.

pattycake0701

Hands down, my dang near, 90 year old grandma has the longest hair. Its at least mid back. She has it washed and pressed about once a month. She wears it two long Pokahontas braids.