A question for Adrienne...

G

Hi, Adrienne /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I wish to compliment you on the appearance of your hair in your signature pic. It's lush and long, a good example of the bra-strap length that's my hair goal. I notice that you said in BHCB that you haven't had a relaxer touch-up in about six months. Instead, you opted for a press and curl. Could you please tell me whether you pressed just the new growth, or the entire length of your hair?

adrienne0914

okay, i'm finally up and running. yay! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks for the compliment, cynthara. when she pressed my hair, she basically ran it over the new growth only. then she sprayed it with a light sheen and flat ironed the entire length. it was very sleek and bouncy when she finished.

adrienne

nita4

Hello Adrienne,

Is this something that you do all the time to manage your new growth? And if so, are you noticing any negative effects, dryness,etc.? Also, how long does a press and curl last you? Thanks

G

Thanks for the response, Adrienne; I appreciate the information. Happy growing! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lamluvston

Your hair looks great Adrienne!!!

When the beautician pressed your hair did she use anything else (i.e. creme press, moisturizer, thermal protectant) besides oil sheen?

Keep up the good growth /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonia

adrienne0914

nita, that was the first time i'd ever had my hair flat ironed by someone other than myself. it lasted for a week. 90% of the time, i wear protective styles (bun/ponytail). i keep my hair so moisturized that the new growth is very easy to handle. i don't recommend using alot of heat on a regular basis.

tonia, the only thing she used was the sheen. i can't remember the brand, but it probably doesn't matter as long as it's light.

adrienne