Silky, silky, silky, silky, silky hair!!!!

AceH

Thought I was talking about me, huh? :lachen:

Question of the day is what gives you that silky, soft to the touch, swinging and blinging hair?

C'mon. Don't be scurrred. I've seen yall photos. What does it for you? Is it a product you use? Is it your (or your hairdresser's) technique?

Inquiring minds want to know :yep:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Let's call out some names...

CaramelHonee
Kitchen_tician
Sherrylove
Irresistible
CocoaButterflyy
Supergirl
daviine
webby
tru_mind
senimoni

I know there's more ladies, just can't think of them all!!! :grin:

L

lkg4healthyhair

For me its when I get my hair set at a Dominican Salon. My hair is always swingy.

In my avatar I just got a relaxer and they used red rollers to set. They blow dried on the roots and left the remainder of the curl. My hair was bouncin' and behavin' :D

bajanplums1

My hair is gets silky just from the Domican Salon with a fres relaxer. I honestly think that many photos are posted when hair is freshly relaxed/done by a professional, so the it looks its best. Otherwise, ladies need to start confessing!! LOL!!!

I have a friend who is a hairdresser and she can get my hair silky with my own products BUT she wraps & dries it and then uses A HOT ASS FLAT IRON. I am not doing that every week. So i let her do it once and that was it!

Tracy

For me the key is not a specific product, it's NOT putting too MUCH product on. I get my silkiest swingiest results when I use a good deep conditioner, a light leave and little serum after a rollerset. Once I begin adding oil and moisturizer and all of that (whether to wet OR dry hair) - bad things start to happen. :lol:

luv04

Tracy said:
For me the key is not a specific product, it's NOT putting too MUCH product on. I get my silkiest swingiest results when I use a good deep conditioner, a light leave and little serum after a rollerset. Once I begin adding oil and moisturizer and all of that (whether to wet OR dry hair) - bad things start to happen. :lol:

i agree with you tracy..

oglorious1

Mixologist
Poohbear said:

CaramelHonee
Kitchen_tician
Sherrylove
Irresistible
CocoaButterflyy
Supergirl
daviine
webby
tru_mind
senimoni

You forgot Adrienne

Victorian

old head
Tracy said:

This has always been the case for me too, especially because I have fine, thin hair. Although I will add that the Elucence serum DOES do something special for my hair...

adrienne0914

oglorious1 said:
You forgot Adrienne

thanks, oglorious1! :)

i have to agree with tracy on this one. too much product is not a good thing. i get the best results when i use the least amount. when my stylist does my hair, it's all in the technique. she can use absolutely nothing, and it's on point. i don't have that touch. i have to at least use a serum. it creates shine and eliminates static. they're all about the same except for the smell IMO. i prefer Avon Dry Ends Serum.

Jewell

My silkiest hair comes by way of daily CO washes with Nexxus Humectress and Aussie 3 Min Reconstructor w/Tea Tree Oil, my shea butter strengthening moisturizer (Cantu), and Vatika Oil. I don't know about swing, because I haven't worn my hair down and flowing in a long time.

Irresistible

Poohbear said:

CaramelHonee
Kitchen_tician
Sherrylove
Irresistible
CocoaButterflyy
Supergirl
daviine
webby
tru_mind
senimoni

well andreamaria i did think i was about to come to this thread and see some pics or somethin lol

poohbear, i was thinking i wouldnt have a clue how to answer this, but since you called me out lol

for me it takes heat of course(pressing/flat iron) and light oils and/or light serums

AceH

Thanks for your responses ladies :yep:

I agree that too much products are not good when wearing the hair out. They can make the hair heavy and flat, so I'll be sure to steer clear from that. See, what had happened was :lol: I recently had my hair done by a stylist who works out of her home (she did a great job and I really like her). Anyway, she hotcombed my hair, and my hair was really laid down and very, very straight. I have the pics in my album pswd:hairgoal05. The only thing I didn't like was my hair had the "burnt" smell and lacked volume. I wrapped my hair every night since having it pressed, and it got a little more swingy as time went by, however not ENOUGH, ya know? Anyway, I have a TON of hair, so there's no reason my hair should have been sooo... flat. She didn't use a lot of products, but I'm wondering if the hotcomb was too darned hot. I don't really think my hair was burned, but more so the hotcomb needed cleaning before touching my hair. I dunno.

So, that's my story that inspired this thread :yep:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
By the way Andreamaria... I got silky, shiny hair today! :grin: I used glossing polish and oil for a rollerset to achieve it! :yep:

AceH

I know, I saw your thread :yep: You go girl :woot: Congrats! Pics, post pics!

I suck at rollersetting hahahaha. Seriously. That just might be my next salon service though.

Poohbear said:
By the way Andreamaria... I got silky, shiny hair today! :grin: I used glossing polish and oil for a rollerset to achieve it! :yep:

Tru_Mind

andreamaria said:
Thought I was talking about me, huh? :lachen:

Question of the day is what gives you that silky, soft to the touch, swinging and blinging hair?

C'mon. Don't be scurrred. I've seen yall photos. What does it for you? Is it a product you use? Is it your (or your hairdresser's) technique?

Inquiring minds want to know :yep:

Since I’ve only worn my natural hair out once, I still don’t know what my natural hair is fully capable of doing, yet, so I can’t speak on it.

For straightened hair, I have always put oils on wet hair along with a leave-in, because everything works better that way for me. Don't put too much oil, if you need more oil you can put it in later. Oils condition your hair better while it’s still wet. Don’t put too much product on your hair...period.

However, I don't use oils anymore after switching to MNT. I don't need oils at all anymore, because I use MNT Conditioner as a leave-in…and that’s it. Even a little oil is too much now.

I “blow-out” my hair. I don't "blow-dry" my hair, because my hair is not wet or damp it's completely dry. I just blow my hair out, if I don't do that then my hair will be stuck to my head. I slick my hair back like the 3rd picture in my album and tie a satin scarf around my head and air-dry. If I'm in a hurry I sit under a hooded dryer...no satin scarf (takes too long to dry). Then I blow it out.

After I blow-out my air-dried/dried hair, I use the CHI. I flat iron piece by piece, and section by section on a medium heat. Then I style my hair with a comb and my fingers…and that’s it.

Last edited:

Irresistible

I think this is what they call a "hard press"

Dont let anyone give you one of those!!!!

andreamaria said:
Thanks for your responses ladies :yep:

I agree that too much products are not good when wearing the hair out. They can make the hair heavy and flat, so I'll be sure to steer clear from that. See, what had happened was :lol: I recently had my hair done by a stylist who works out of her home (she did a great job and I really like her). Anyway, she hotcombed my hair, and my hair was really laid down and very, very straight. I have the pics in my album pswd:hairgoal05. The only thing I didn't like was my hair had the "burnt" smell and lacked volume. I wrapped my hair every night since having it pressed, and it got a little more swingy as time went by, however not ENOUGH, ya know? Anyway, I have a TON of hair, so there's no reason my hair should have been sooo... flat. She didn't use a lot of products, but I'm wondering if the hotcomb was too darned hot. I don't really think my hair was burned, but more so the hotcomb needed cleaning before touching my hair. I dunno.

So, that's my story that inspired this thread :yep:

AceH

Irresistible said:
I think this is what they call a "hard press"

Dont let anyone give you one of those!!!!

oooooooooh! I didn't know! :ohwell: What's the alternative? What should I have done instead???

Thanks for informing me :yep: