WIG CHALLENGE 2013

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris
How are you attaching the wig? If it comes with combs consider using bobby pins to keep it in place instead of the combs. Also, how are you keeping your hair underneath? If it's cornrows are they too tight? Any damage you're getting from wearing the wig on a daily basis will get worse if you sleep in the wig because you'll be tossing and turning and making the tension worse.

My cornrows arê not tight. I need to learn to cornrow the edges on sides and not down to the nape.
I usé only 1 comb of the wig.thé back one.
I will also try the bobby pins. Im so afraid of them not holding the wig Well.

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris the Bobby pins will hold pretty well plus if you want more security you can always do the elastic band method

Sorry but what is the élastic band system ? Is it already in some lace fronts? Mine has an elastic band in it. I can tighten it on 3 levels depending on the size of my head.

Is it this you méan?

beauti

coolsista-paris oh ok you're good. your wig already has adjustable straps/ elastic for added security. A lot of times if you make a wig using a stretch cap simply bobby pinning it down is not enough so the ladies on YouTube and BHM came up with a method to add security by sewing elastic band on the interior of the wig cap from ear to ear(or nape to nape, whichever works best) to ensure it lays the wig down flat AND doesn't budge

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris oh ok you're good. your wig already has adjustable straps/ elastic for added security. A lot of times if you make a wig using a stretch cap simply bobby pinning it down is not enough so the ladies on YouTube and BHM came up with a method to add security by sewing elastic band on the interior of the wig cap from ear to ear(or nape to nape, whichever works best) to ensure it lays the wig down flat AND doesn't budge

Oh i see. Mine is included already . Great. I'll look for those type of braids.

LovinLea

LovinLea

Wait now, someone told you to boil a synthetic wig to get rid of shine? Hot water/temps are used to seal synthetic hair ends when braiding. I can't imagine what it would do to a wig! Some ladies suggest running a little corn starch or baby powder through the wig to get rid of shine. Maybe you can try that? HTH! :)

Yes, the powder worked. And I could bring back this synthetic wig (freetress brand) with the curling iron. Whew!

PureSilver

I'm seriously trying to remember if i joined this challenge. I have been wigging consistently since last year november. I do notice though that will tend to give me severe breakage along my hairline and it's not cute.

I find wigs EXTREMELY convenient and my family will never understand, but the breakage is getting to me and the severe thinning of my already fine/thin hairline.

Any suggestions ladies, all are welcome.

mywinborne

Been gone for a minute. Latest u part wig. Haven cut yet so I'm channeling Diana Ross. Will update again after I figure out how to cut it.

Attachments

• image-3092073640.jpg
    image-3092073640.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 103

mywinborne

I made it. The hair was cheap. I don't know how long it will last. I used Milky Way fourbolous in dio curl, 14 and 16 inch. Hair was only $25.

Thanks!

polished07

I'm seriously trying to remember if i joined this challenge. I have been wigging consistently since last year november. I do notice though that will tend to give me severe breakage along my hairline and it's not cute.

I find wigs EXTREMELY convenient and my family will never understand, but the breakage is getting to me and the severe thinning of my already fine/thin hairline.

Any suggestions ladies, all are welcome.

I take my wig off faithfully when I get home and I don't use the wig clips just my elastic band my hair is always falling to the front so it's never noticeable if I want to look more secure I bobby pin 2 only in the front in place after I'm done combing and styling the less tension the better hth!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My hair is back in cornrows for my wigs. I'm back to wigging it for the summer. I'm have to make a trip to hair store and find me an inexpensive synthetic wig.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

cherishlove

I change hairstyles so easily and to stick to one hairstyles requires more permanent hairstyles right now I have a rollerset. That's why I like sew ins a lot I'm thinking about sewing down the front of my wig that way I dont have the option to throw off my wig.

AmiJay

I'm going to jump on in. I just got my haircut and I know the best way to grow it back is low manipulation and a wig.

mezzogirl

I just bought a u part wig from eloquent hair.com it is a beautiful somalian kinky curl. It was too light for my henna/indigo'd hair. Last night I did a henna and indigo on it but it didn't seem to take. Has anyone ever tried that before?
If I posted this in the wrong thread please send me in the right direction

mywinborne

Summer wig make from some old bobraz and Indian curly hair. I leave out about 2 inches to make a middle or side part

Attachments

• image-1690617125.jpg
    image-1690617125.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 115

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I just bought a u part wig from eloquent hair.com it is a beautiful somalian kinky curl. It was too light for my henna/indigo'd hair. Last night I did a henna and indigo on it but it didn't seem to take. Has anyone ever tried that before?

Sorry no advice as I have not hendigo any wigs.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Renewed1

mezzogirl I suggest that you just use a color straight from the box. You can also go to blackhairmedia.com, those ladies maybe able to help you in the lacefront section

LovinLea

Has anyone found a satin wig cap? I was searching online and found one in the UK that ended up being 42 dollars. :/

MzSwift

Has anyone found a satin wig cap? I was searching online and found one in the UK that ended up being 42 dollars. :/

I don't purchase a special cap. I just use the satin skull caps for men, the black ones. They shouldn't be any more than $3 each.

SunySydeofLyfe

Sew in or wig that is the question. I keep talking the big talk on making a wig but I'm so lazy....you ladies inspired me!!

Suny